- [C]屋顶,顶部 the outside covering on the top of a building, closed vehicle, tent, etc.
- vt. 给…盖上屋顶; 做…的屋顶 put a roof on or be a roof for
a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space;
"the roof of the cave was very high"
"I could see the roof of the bear's mouth"
an upper limit on what is allowed;
"he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"
"there was a roof on salaries"
"they established a cap for prices"
provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof
- The wind was whispering in the roof.
- Has your roof a sharp slant?
- Snow sifted through the crack in the roof into the room.
- The stone made a dent in the roof of my car.
- The roof of a grass hut was bambooed.
- We're going to roof in the yard to make a garage.
- The shed was roofed over with tin.
- The roof came down during the night.
- The roof was collapsed under the weight of the snow.
- The roof is dangerous and could cave in at any time.
- He inched across the high roof.
- The builder estimates the cost of repairing the roof at ￡600.
- How are you going to go at the job of fixing the roof?
- He delayed fixing the roof although it leaked badly.
- The weight of the snow collapsed the roof.
- The three columns carry the roof.
- We had to brace the walls when we put the new roof on.
- He boarded the roof himself.
- The bomb blasted the roof off.
- I was aiming for the chimney pot, but the stone fell short and went through a skylight in the roof.
- These pillars hold the weight of the roof.
- The strong wind hurled down bits of the roof.
- The chief purpose of a roof is to enclose the upper of a building as a protection against wind, rain and snow.
- I asked building firms to estimate for the repair of the roof.
- It is difficult to get them all together under one roof.
- The boy frightened away the pigeons from the roof.
- He erected a television antenna on the roof.
- I could hear the birds' wings fluttering on the roof.
- The boy's ball fetched up on the garage roof.
- The boy's ball ended up on the garage roof.
- The houses were flooded roof deep.
- They put the oil cloth on the roof to block out the rain.
- We caused the roof to be mended.
- The heavy wind blew roofs off in several cities.
- The roof of the tunnel fell in.
- The roof of their house was blown away.
- The weight of the snow caused the roof of the cabin to cave in.
- In the lightning I saw that the roof of the hut had been blown off.
- They caved in the roof of the underground passage with powerful explosives.
- The roof of the new tunnel hasn't been properly supported; it shows signs of falling in.
- They roofed the house with slates.
- He roofed the house with thatch.
- They are going to roof the yard over to make a garage.
- a roof over one's head
- go through the roof
大声喧闹 make a lot of noise
- raise the roof〔devil〕
发火 lose one's temper
- under one's roof
在自己家里 at home
- under the same roof
在同一栋房子里 at the same house
- blow off a roof 掀掉屋顶
- hit the roof 勃然大怒
- install a roof 盖屋顶,上屋顶
- paint a roof 油漆屋顶
- raise the roof 吵翻天,喧闹得很凶
- repair a roof 修理屋顶
- tile a roof 用瓦铺盖屋顶
- flat roof 平顶
- leaky roof 漏雨的屋顶
- pitched roof 沥青涂的屋顶
- slanting roof 倾斜的屋顶
- thick roof 厚厚的屋顶
- thin roof 薄屋顶
The shed, with its roof of..corrugated iron.出自： F. King
I wished I could tear the roof off and let some light into the flat.出自： H. Mantel
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hrof，意为房顶。
- top 顶部
- ceiling 天花板
- rooftop 屋顶
- tiles 瓷砖
- gable [建]三角墙
- ridge 脊
- house 房屋
- home 家
- dwelling 住处
- bower 树荫处(凉亭)...
- abode 住处
- bungalow (有凉台的)平房...
- cottage 小屋
- hovel 不适宜居住的小屋...
- shack 棚房
- rave 极力赞扬
- rage 狂怒
- roofing 屋顶材料
- housetop 屋顶
- canopy 天篷
- dome 圆屋顶
- tester 测试员
- a 英语字母表的第一个字母...
- cover 封面
- covering 覆盖物
- shade 阴影
- bellyache 腹痛
- harbor 海港
- cope 应付
- log house 木房
- get angry 生气，变得很生气...
- see red 大怒
- throw a fit 大发脾气
- lose one's temper 发怒
- hit the ceiling 勃然大怒
- make a racket 大声喧闹
- log 原木
- raise hell 引起骚乱(闹事...
- lose 丢失
- temper 脾气
- hit 打（击）
- stamp 邮票
- foot 脚
- red 红色的
- angry 生气的
- fit 适宜的
- get 得到
- one's 任何人的
- conniption 发作性歇斯底里...
- throw 扔
- the 那
- see 看见
- have 已经
- make 做
- cap 帽子
- uproar 骚动
- holler 叫喊
- create 创造
- or 或者
- noise 噪声
- noisy 喧闹的
- racket 球拍
- hell 地狱
- raise 上升
- be 有
- loud 大声的
- squawk 叫声
- floor 地面