- <俚>谋杀， 凶杀
- 攻击， 袭击，进攻
- vt. & vi. 打,打击 give a blow or stroke
- vt. & vi. 碰撞 come against with force
- vt. 伤害,殃及 have a bad effect on; cause to suffer
- [C] 打，击，攻击 a blow, a stroke
- [C] 成功的尝试或表演 successful attempt or performance
- [C] 讽刺，抨击 stroke of sarcasm
- (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball);
"he came all the way around on Williams' hit"
- the act of contacting one thing with another;
"repeated hitting raised a large bruise"
"after three misses she finally got a hit"
- a conspicuous success;
"that song was his first hit and marked the beginning of his career"
"that new Broadway show is a real smasher"
"the party went with a bang"
- (physics) a brief event in which two or more bodies come together;
"the collision of the particles resulted in an exchange of energy and a change of direction"
- a dose of a narcotic drug
- a murder carried out by an underworld syndicate;
"it has all the earmarks of a Mafia hit"
- a connection made via the internet to another website;
"WordNet gets many hits from users worldwide"
- cause to move by striking;
"hit a ball"
- hit against; come into sudden contact with;
"The car hit a tree"
"He struck the table with his elbow"
- deal a blow to, either with the hand or with an instrument;
"He hit her hard in the face"
- reach a destination, either real or abstract;
"We hit Detroit by noon"
"The water reached the doorstep"
"We barely made it to the finish line"
"I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
- affect or afflict suddenly, usually adversely;
"We were hit by really bad weather"
"He was stricken with cancer when he was still a teenager"
"The earthquake struck at midnight"
- hit with a missile from a weapon
- encounter by chance;
"I stumbled across a long-lost cousin last night in a restaurant"
- gain points in a game;
"The home team scored many times"
"He hit a home run"
"He hit .300 in the past season"
- cause to experience suddenly;
"Panic struck me"
"An interesting idea hit her"
"A thought came to me"
"The thought struck terror in our minds"
"They were struck with fear"
- make a strategic, offensive, assault against an enemy, opponent, or a target;
"The Germans struck Poland on Sept. 1, 1939"
"We must strike the enemy's oil fields"
"in the fifth inning, the Giants struck, sending three runners home to win the game 5 to 2"
- kill intentionally and with premeditation;
"The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
- drive something violently into a location;
"he hit his fist on the table"
"she struck her head on the low ceiling"
- reach a point in time, or a certain state or level;
"The thermometer hit 100 degrees"
"This car can reach a speed of 140 miles per hour"
- produce by manipulating keys or strings of musical instruments, also metaphorically;
"The pianist strikes a middle C"
"strike `z' on the keyboard"
"her comments struck a sour note"
- consume to excess;
"hit the bottle"
- hit the intended target or goal
- pay unsolicited and usually unwanted sexual attention to;
"He tries to hit on women in bars"
- The ball hits against the wall.
- She hits at him.
- His career reached a new high with the hit song.
- Don't hit him up for anything else but breakfast.
- They insisted on state help being given to the worst hit areas.
- The sudden hit knocked two teeth out of his mouth.
- A stone hit the car and damaged the paintwork.
- Researchers will be studying the soil on the moon via the hit to examine how the soil is eroded by radiation and micrometeoroids.
- Hit the ground running in these specially designed paratrooper boots with extra high ankle support and snug, long lacing.
- He hit upon a photo taken ten years ago.
- In fact, most people would like to hit upon something that makes them fabulously rich!
- That last remark was a hit at me.
- A stone hit the car and damaged the paintwork.
- The coach hit his man with the flat of my sword.
- The lorry ran into the back of the rearmost car in the queue which bumped into the car in front, which then hit the next one, and so on in a chain reaction.
The boxer hits hard with his left.
The cars hit with loud crash.
The tornado hit without warning.
A lot of ships were just outside of the harbour when the hurricane hit.
The army hit at dawn.
Make a feint in the east but hit in the west.
The ball sprang back and hit him.
The little boy hit her hard enough to blacken her eye.
He punished her by hitting her hard.
Never hit a man when he is down.
She hit the bird with the first shot.
His arrow hit the target.
I hit three bull's eyes in succession.
The car hit the wall.
I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Just after his wounded body hit the ground, a shell exploded only yards away.
The stone hit the window.
The boy hit the dog with a stick.
The missile hit the carrier but only dented the hull.
The trick lies in the way you hit the ball.
Hit the ball hard.
She hit the nail with a hammer.
He hit a ball over the fence.
The ball hit him in the eye.
The ball hit him on the nose.
He hit the rascal on the head.
The brick hit him in the face.
Once a snowstorm hit their motor convoy when they were crossing the Qilian Mountains.
After several weeks of travel, snowstorm hit us first.
When serious drought hit Africa again, many international organizations offered to help.
The fire was the worst disaster ever to hit the town.
In May a typhoon hit the Philippines.
A heavy storm hit the district.
The car can hit 160 m.p.h.
The factory has already hit the year's target.
Unemployment has hit 20 million.
In that period auto sales hit a 20-year low.
In 1992 our purchases of these materials from USA hit a new high.1992
At last I hit the main road.
We hit the right road in the dark.
We hit the town at night.
At last I hit the top of the hill.
The rise of prices has hit our pocket.
The increasing cost of oil hit Kenya especially hard.
Strike waves have hit several Western capitalist countries.
The economic depression hits shipbuilding industry badly.
Recently a severe crisis has hit the U.S. dollars.
The death of her son has hit Mrs. Page hard.
Her death hit him pretty hard.
The bad news hit everyone hard.
I hit a nerve when I mentioned her dead mother.
We hit them one hard blow after another.
The reviews hit the new play.
This dress hits my fancy.
I'm sure this shirt will hit his taste.
How did it hit you?
The song hits the public taste.
A writer must hit the taste of the reading public.
It is hard to hit the tone.
None of his biographers have hit his character.
The author has happily hit the tone of Kipling.
The little boy hit his father with a number of questions.
An idea hit me suddenly at the last moment.
They spent years in prospecting without ever hitting gold.
I hit a difficult point in my work, and decided it was time for a cup of tea.
This report had hit the papers.
Every word he said hit the nail on the head.
That last observation of yours has hit the nail on the head.
It was a wonderfully lifelike picture, and it hit me right between the eyes.
To learn that his parents had endured poverty for his sake hit John right between the eyes.
He was hit in the right eye.
He was hit by a bullet.
Bridges and highways were heavily hit by the bombers.
The area was constantly hit by drought.
The district was hit by a violent earthquake on November 30.
I heard that Los Angeles was hit by a severe earthquake yesterday morning.
The city is hard hit by a storm.
The reactionary troops are being hit everywhere.
They were hard hit by their failure.
He looked as if he had been hit by lightning.
The stockbroker was hard hit by the fall in stocks.
The prime minister was hard hit by a biographer.
We are all hit by the depression.
They were hit with terror.
She lost her child and was hard hit.
He has fallen in love and is hard hit.
We hit the enemy a heavy blow.
The hit on his head knocked him out.
That was a clever hit.
That was a good hit, it almost saved the game.
The arrow scored a hit.
I scored a direct hit with my first shot.
The record was a big hit and sold a million copies.
His novel was a great hit.
The song was a hit.
Your play will surely become a hit.
The song is one of the hits of the year.
The new play is the hit of the season.
The novelist turned out to be a hit.
She's become a hit here.
That was a hit at me.
We savored the barbed hits in his reply.
- hit against (v.+prep.)
撞到…上 knock against sth hit against sb/sth
He hit against a person in the dark.他在黑暗中撞到一个人身上去了。
The car hit against the garage door.汽车撞到了车库门上。
His head hit against the wall a few minutes ago.几分钟前，他的头撞在了墙上。hit sth against sth
I hit my head against the door in the dark.黑暗中我把头撞在了门上。
The child hit his forehead against the corner of a desk.孩子的额头在书桌的角上碰了一下。
Don't hit your hand too hard against the window when you try to open it, you might break the glass.开窗时，别用太大的劲去推窗子，那样，你会把窗玻璃打破的。
- 撞到…上 knock against sth hit against sb/sth
- hit at (v.+prep.)
朝…打去 aim a blow at
We must hit hard at the enemy. 我们应该狠狠地打击敌人。
He was hitting at the mark. 他正在瞄目标。
The hunter hit at a deer with his gun. 猎人举枪向鹿射去。
He hit at me, but missed. 他向我打来，但没击中。
The boxer hit hard at his opponent but missed. 那拳击手向他的对手狠狠地打去，但没有打中。
He hit at several political figures. 他抨击了好几位政界要人。
Many of the newspapers are hitting at the government's latest move. 许多报纸在抨击政府新近的举措。
- 朝…打去 aim a blow at
- hit back (v.+adv.)
回击，反抗 hit back at sb (who has criticized or harmed you); criticize or harm in return hit back
Our militiamen hit back in self-defence.我民兵奋起自卫还击。
As soon as an enemy battery opens fire, fighter-bombers can be ordered into the air to hit back.敌军炮兵一开火，就可以命令战斗轰炸机升空进行还击。hit sb ⇔ back
He hit me back.他对我进行了还击。hit back at sb/sth
The Chinese people resolutely hit back at the Japanese aggressors.中国人民坚决回击了日本侵略者。
There are a lot of rumors about him but he keeps silent and never hits back at anyone.有许多关于他的流言，可是他一直对此保持沉默，从不回击。
In a letter to the newspaper,Tom hit back at those who had found fault with his book.汤姆在写给报馆的信中对抨击他这本书的人们进行反驳。
- 回击，反抗 hit back at sb (who has criticized or harmed you); criticize or harm in return hit back
- hit in (v.+adv.)
球被踢进 make sth, such as a ball enter by hitting it hit sth ⇔ in
At the last moment, the player was able to hit the ball in and so ensured his team's victory.关键时刻，那个球员踢进一球，从而确保了该队的胜利。
- 球被踢进 make sth, such as a ball enter by hitting it hit sth ⇔ in
- hit it
猜中；说对了 be exactly right in what one says hit it with sth
You've hit it with that observation.这句话你说对了。
和睦相处，合得来 get along well with sb hit it
He and his father have never hit it.他同他父亲从来就合不来。
- 猜中；说对了 be exactly right in what one says hit it with sth
- hit it off
相处得好 become friendly
How do the couple hit it off? 他们两口子相处得怎么样？
The two of them hit it off well. 他们俩处得很不错。
I'm glad to see you two hit it off so well with each other. 很高兴看到你们俩相处得这样好。
He hit it off with them from the start. 从一开头，他就和他们相处得很好。
Mary and Jane hit it off from the first. 玛丽和简自相识起便合得来。
How nice that the two girls hit it off so well. 这两个女孩很合得来真是太好了。
It's unfortunate that Charles and Mary don't hit it off. 不幸的是，查理跟玛丽合不来。
The two brothers have never hit it off very well. 这两兄弟一点也合不来。
- 相处得好 become friendly
- hit off (v.+adv.)
把…打掉 remove by hitting hit sth ⇔ off
You can't hit off the lid that way.你不能那样把盖子打掉。
描绘；模仿 imitate hit sb/sth ⇔ off
The boy pretended to be the teacher and hit her off to perfection.这个男孩假装老师，模仿得很像。
Good, you have exactly hit off the writer's style.很好，你已将那位作家的风格确切地刻画出来了。
She imitates animal calls and can hit off horses and dogs perfectly.她会学动物的叫声，能惟妙惟肖地模仿马嘶和狗吠。
You exactly hit off the nature of this association when you call it a mutual praising society.当你把这个社团称为一群互相吹捧的人的时候，你确切地把它描绘得惟妙惟肖。用于 be ～ed 结构
A number of well-known public characters were cleverly hit off by the entertainer.一些著名的社会人士被这位演员模仿得惟妙惟肖。
适合 suit; be in harmony hit off with sth
That hits off well with our plans.那很适合我们的计划。
- 把…打掉 remove by hitting hit sth ⇔ off
- hit on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
忽然想到；偶然发现 discover sth by lucky chance hit on〔upon〕 sth
I hope someone hits on a way out of this difficulty soon.我希望不久有人能想出克服困难的办法。
Finally, we hit upon a happy solution.我们终于想出了一个巧妙的解决方法。
After trying all kinds of ways we hit upon a method that promised more success.在尝试了各种办法以后，我们终于找到了一种成功希望较大的方法。
The committee eventually hit upon an acceptable formula.委员会终于找到了一个可以接受的方案。
By a stroke of good luck we hit on just the place for a camping holiday.真走运,我们忽然找到了一个假期野营的适当场所。
One day she hit on Lane's translation of The Thousand and One Nights .一天她偶尔发现了莱恩的《一千零一夜》的译本。用于 be ～ed 结构
Many a bright idea has been hit on by accident.许多好主意都是偶然想到的。
- 忽然想到；偶然发现 discover sth by lucky chance hit on〔upon〕 sth
- hit out (v.+adv.)
猛打；击中；打击 strike out; elicit hit sth ⇔ out
It can hit out spark.它能打出火花。hit out at sb
He was hitting out right and left at his opponent.他使劲揍他的敌手。
The man hit out at the thieves who attacked him.那人猛击那些袭击他的盗贼。
猛烈抨击；严厉批评 strike vigorously; attack strongly in words; criticize severely hit out against sb/sth
In a rousing speech, the President hit out against the trade union.在一次令人振奋的讲话中，总统对工会进行了猛烈的抨击。
The people asked the government to hit out against corruption and theft.人民要求政府严惩贪污盗窃。hit out at sb/sth
Several news commentators hit out at the president on his foreign policy.有几位时事评论员猛烈抨击总统的对外政策。
The speech hits out at warmongers.演讲猛烈地抨击了战争贩子。
The author hits out at his critics in his book.作者在书中猛烈地抨击了那些评论家。
- 猛打；击中；打击 strike out; elicit hit sth ⇔ out
- hit up (v.+adv.)
请求 ask for (a job, a loan) hit sb ⇔ up for sth
He hit up his father's friends for work.他请求他父亲的朋友们介绍工作。
My friend hit me up for ten dollars.我的朋友请求我借给他10美元。
- 请求 ask for (a job, a loan) hit sb ⇔ up for sth
- make a hit (at〔with〕)
攻击 giving a blow
The bomber made a direct hit. 轰炸机进行了直接攻击。
He made a hit at the man's face, but missed. 他朝那人的脸部打去，但未击中。
很成功，很受欢迎 be successful
The painting was shown there and made a hit. 这幅画在那里展出并引起了轰动。
His new novel is making a great hit with the reading public. 他的新小说大受读者欢迎。
She likes you – you've made a hit. 她喜欢你，你成功了。
Mary's new dress made a hit at the party. 玛丽的新衣服在晚会上大出风头。
You sure made a hit with her tonight. 今天晚上你准给了她一个好的印象。
Alice was so happy that her boyfriend made a hit with her parents. 爱丽丝很高兴，因为她的男朋友得到父母的青睐。
- 攻击 giving a blow
- hit a bait （鱼）碰食饵，咬钩
- hit a bird 打鸟
- hit a level 达到一个水平
- hit a likeness 逼真地复制
- hit a million 达到100万
- hit a nail 钉钉子
- hit a new high 物价上涨到新高峰
- hit a record 达到…纪录
- hit a rock 拴在一块岩石上
- hit ball 击球
- hit cigarettes 抽烟
- hit fog 遇到雾
- hit it 说对，猜对，飞快地走
- hit one's fancy 正中下怀，投合某人爱好
- hit one's stride 全力以赴
- hit one's taste 投人所好
- hit pocket 物价上涨影响了腰包
- hit pump 遇到凸起的地方
- hit reinforcements 打增援部队
- hit roof 勃然大怒
- hit several countries 袭击了几个国家，使几个国家受害
- hit snag 遇到意外困难
- hit the aggressors 打击侵略者
- hit the air 广播
- hit the area 使该地区受害
- hit the ball 击球
- hit the books 用功
- hit the bottle 〈美俚〉酗酒
- hit the breeze 旅行
- hit the bull's eye 说到问题的本质，打中红心
- hit the ceiling 〈美俚〉勃然大怒，大为生气
- hit the clock 在上班签到簿上签名
- hit the deck 起床工作
- hit the dirt 伏地掩蔽
- hit the drug 吸食毒品
- hit the enemy 打击敌人
- hit the first page of the newspaper 登在报纸第一版
- hit the grow 〈美俚〉吸食麻醉品
- hit the happy medium 中肯
- hit the hay 上床睡觉
- hit the headlines 出名，成为头条新闻
- hit the high spots 上街，做事马虎，简略介绍
- hit the hike 旅行
- hit the jackpot 大获成功，走运
- hit the job 埋头工作
- hit the mark 击中目标
- hit the new play 攻击该新剧
- hit the papers 见报
- hit the right path 走上正路
- hit the road 上路，出发
- hit the sack 上床睡觉
- hit the spot 提神解乏，使满足
- hit the stands 上市，开始发售
- hit the target 击中目标，打中要害，达到目的
- hit the tone of society 善于交际
- hit the town 〈美俗〉到达镇上
- hit the trail 漂泊
- hit the window 击中窗子
- hit water 找到水
- hit hard 严重打击，用力击打
- hit badly 沉重打击，使很伤心
- hit brutally 残暴地袭击
- hit certainly 一定猜对了
- hit constantly 经常遭受打击
- hit cruelly 残忍地打击
- hit exactly 恰当，得当，适宜
- hit injuriously 打伤
- hit repeatedly 反复地打击
- hit severely 剧烈地打击
- hit viciously 恶毒地讥讽
- hit vigorously 有力地命中
- hit back 回击,反抗
- hit back in self-defence 自卫反击
- hit home 击中，击中要害
- hit off 模仿得很像，描写恰到好处
- hit off a poem 即席作诗
- hit off music for the words 即席配曲
- hit off well with sth 与…很适合
- hit it off 性情相投，相处得很好
- hit out 猛打，抨击
- hit out a bit more 更加用力打击
- hit up 请求，使加快速度
- hit up for a loan 请求（某人）贷款
- hit it up 坚持前进
- hit against the wall 撞到墙上
- hit at 朝…打去，抨击
- hit below the belt 用不正当的手段攻击
- hit between the eyes 使某人有强烈印象
- hit for 向…出发
- hit in speculation 投机获利
- hit in the eyes 球打在眼上
- hit on〔upon〕 an idea 想出一个主意
- hit on sth 偶然发现…
- hit one's head on the door 把头撞在门上
- hit the nail on the head 击中要害，一语道破
- hit out against corruption and theft 打击贪污盗窃
- hit out at 向（某人）打击，抨击（某人）
- hit upon a strategy 计上心来
- hit upon an idea 想出一个主意
- hit with a huge number of questions 提出大量问题
- hit with one's humour or temper 投合人的脾性
- hit with the foot 用脚踢
- hit with the popular wishes 投合人心
- anticipate hit 期待走运
- applaud hit 对俏皮话拍手叫好
- become hit 成功
- chance hit 碰巧命中
- effect hit 导致碰撞，获得成功
- gain hit 得分
- make hit 攻击，大获成功，很受欢迎
- mind hit 不放过有利的机会
- obtain hit 走好运
- pronounce hit 宣告成功
- provide hit 提供机遇
- score hit 射击命中
- strike hit 击中，命中，碰运气
- big hit 受欢迎的演出
- box-office hit 卖座率很高的影片
- capital hit 很受欢迎的演出
- chance hit 偶然的成功
- clever hit 巧妙的一击，一句巧妙的俏皮话
- direct hit 直接攻击
- gallery hit 卖弄技巧的表演
- journalistic hit 轰动新闻界的人或事
- lucky hit 侥幸成功
- magnificent hit 轰动一时
- mighty hit 巨大的成功
- nasty hit 恶毒的讽刺
- record-breaking hit 破纪录的成功
- silent hit 著名无声影片
- smash hit 轰动一时的事物
- tremendous hit 大获成功
- instantaneous hit 一举成功
- barbed hit 带刺的话
I..called the whole thing off. Someone else must have made the hit.出自：D. Mackenzie
It was still night when I hit the outskirts of London.出自：J. Wain
I hit a topless bar on Forty-Fourth.出自：M. Amis
You hit forty and have a couple of kids and a mortgage.出自：New Yorker
- hit at表示“击”而不一定“击中”。
- hit my face, hit me in the face
- hit me on the..., hit me in the...
这两个短语都可以表示被打的部位，如打在硬的地方如back〔head, shoulder, nose, chest, chin〕等，一般用on；如打在软的地方如eye〔face, mouth, stomach〕等，一般用in。
- He hit me on the back.
- He hit me in the face.
- hit, beat, buffet, knock, strick
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hytatn，意为遇见，点亮。
- hit:hit n. 打击, 打, 碰撞, 讽刺, (演出等)成功vt. 打, 打击, 碰撞, 击中, 袭击, 偶然发现, 伤...的感情, 找到vi. 打, 打中, 打击, 碰撞, 偶然碰上 英英解释:名词…