- 愤怒的,生气的 filled with anger
- (天气等)发狂的,狂怒的 (of the sky, clouds, sea, etc.) stormy; threatening
- (伤口)疼痛的,发炎的 (of a wound) painful; inflamed
feeling or showing anger;
"angry at the weather"
"an angry silence"
"sending angry letters to the papers"
(of the elements) as if showing violent anger;
"angry clouds on the horizon"
"the raging sea"
severely inflamed and painful;
"an angry sore"
- His imperious look makes us angry.
- Don't be angry over such trivial matters.
- He shouts when he gets angry, as is often the case.
- There was an angry squall from the bedroom.
- The players were jostled by an angry crowd as they left the field.
- My friends' angry words hurt my feelings.
- They exchanged angry words.
- He always has angry words with Ade.
- When the angry feeling is being stressed,“at” is used.
- She gave me an angry look.
- An angry hornet does much damage to the crops.
- Her mother's voice in the corridor roused her from an angry trance.
- I never thought that you were such an angry person.
- He could be an angry man if he is provoked.
- It is hard to talk patiently with an angry woman.
- In some states the angry masses rose and seized food and arms.
- He fled from the angry tiger.
- Our ship braved the angry sea.
- Glancing at the angry sky, we hoped the storm would not break before we found shelter.
- I was very angry when he kicked my cat.
- Haas got very angry.
- She looks very angry.
- The dark clouds made the sky look angry.
- An infected cut looks angry.
- When the doctor removed the bandage,I found that the flesh round the wound was still swollen and angry.
- The river rushed past, dark and angry.
- She often got angry about many foolish things.
- He was angry about the hurt.
- Do you ever get angry about the cheating you see?
- I was angry about missing the film at the cinema.
- We were angry at the boys for their tardiness.
- He was angry at Rose for accusing him.
- I was very angry at his idea.
- I was angry at his slipshod work.
- She was angry at finding that nothing had been done.
- The mother was angry at finding that her son's staying away from school.
- He was angry at being kept waiting.
- He got insanely angry at being made a fool of.
- I hope that you are not angry at my criticizing this feature of English life.
- I am angry at what you have done.
- He is angry for trifles.
- He became increasingly angry over rising prices.
- She was not in the least angry with me.
- Cage was so disappointed that she was angry with these people, hated them.
- I am angry with you for your conduct.
- I'm pretty angry with you for not telling me.
- She got angry with her son for lying to her again.
- She was angry with him for saying so.
- She was angry with him for having broken his promise.
- He was angry with himself for having made such a foolish mistake.
- Don't be angry with me for not having written.
- I can't be angry with him now that he's apologized for what he has done.
- I was angry to hear it.
- He was angry to see his son behave badly at the party.
- He was angry to learn that he had been left out of the team.
- I was angry to learn that they had overslept and missed the morning train.
- He will not be angry to know what you did yesterday.
- He will be angry to find that nothing had been done.
- The old man was too angry to watch and enjoy the countryside.
- We were angry that our request had been rejected.
- I was angry that I could not see my way clear,I was angry that no one gave advice that sounded ambitious enough.
- He was so angry that he was unable to speak.
- She was so angry that she lost count of the conversation of her friends.
- I was so angry with her that she drew back in fear.
- Nothing ever makes him angry.
- It'll make me angry if you'll accept it.
- His delay made the teacher angry.
- I have a brother.He makes me angrier than anyone.
- angry altercation 激烈的争吵
- angry creases 皱得很厉害
- angry eyes 愤怒的目光
- angry face 气愤的面孔
- angry feeling 愤怒的感情
- angry glance 凶恶的眼神
- angry lecture 愤怒的训斥
- angry look 愤怒的表情
- angry hornet 狂怒的黄蜂
- angry man 愤怒的人
- angry trance 气得失魂落魄
- angry wolf 凶猛的狼
- angry words 愤怒的话语
- angry sea 怒吼的海水
- angry sky 风雨交加的天气
- angry sun 似火骄阳
- angry waves 怒浪
- angry winds 狂风
- angry rash 发炎的皮疹
- angry wound 肿痛的伤口
- curiously angry 反常地生气
- dangerously angry 凶险地发怒
- foolishly angry 愚蠢地生气
- furiously angry 大发雷霆
- genuinely angry 真生气
- hotly angry 非常气愤
- icily angry 冷冰冰地发怒
- implacably angry 难平息地发怒
- increasingly angry 越来越气愤
- inordinately angry 无节制地发怒
- insanely angry 气得发昏
- intolerably angry 偏执地生气
- ludicrously angry 滑稽可笑地生气
- naturally angry 自然地生气
- obviously angry 明显地生气
- outwardly angry 怒容满面
- passionately angry 易动感情地
- righteously angry 义愤填膺
- ridiculously angry 可笑地发怒
- senselessly angry 愚蠢地发怒
- sternly angry 令人恐怖地发怒
- strangely angry 莫名其妙地生气
- sullenly angry 愠怒
- uncontrollably angry 失去控制地动怒
- unjustly angry 不公正地发火
- unnaturally angry 不自然地生气
- violently angry 狂怒
Where it concerns himself, Who's angry at a slander makes it true.出自： Jonson
I had never been angry with her beforesannoyed sometimes,..but never more.出自： H. E. Bates
I was angry with him, angry that he should allow me to talk to him like this.出自： D. Storey
I was still very angry about your not letting me stay.出自： C. Hampton
- angry表示的“愤怒”,可以是隐藏于心的,也可以是形之于色的,如表情、言行等。另外, angry既指一时一事的发怒或生气,也指某人爱生气,动不动就发火,多用于前者。
- angry在句中主要用作表语和定语,有时也可用作宾语补足语。angry作表语时,常和介词about, at, over, with等连用。在be angry with〔at〕 sb 之后还可接for引起的短语表示动怒的原因。
- 指“对人生气”时，angry with和angry的表达意思相同，但是前者的用法更普遍。而指“对事物生气”时，只可用angry at和angry about，不可用angry with；
She is angry that he has not answered her letter.
- be angry about, be angry at, be angry with
- be angry后面可接介词about, at,也可接介词with。它们之间的区别是：接with是对人,接at是对人的言行,接about是对事。有时对人也可以接at。
- be angry at sb, be angry with sb
- 在表示对人生气时,一般用be angry with,但偶尔也可用be angry at。这两者的区别在于：
- 1.在正式用语中, be angry at比be angry with语气更强烈。
- 2.be angry with更强调生气的主体; 而be angry at更强调生气的对象,即at的宾语。
- 3.心中暗暗生气多用be angry with,而be angry at则含有怒气外露之意。
- 4.相比之下,美式英语中用be angry at更多些。
- be angry at what..., be angry with what...
- be angry with后面偶尔也可接what从句,这在意思上与be angry at what...有细微差别：at表示原因,所以be angry at what...强调“因…而生气”; 而with表示“同…在一起”,所以be angry with what...强调导致生气的原因(即what...)仍留在主体的脑海中,即“还在为…而生气”。例如:
- She was angry at what I said.
- She was angry with what I said.
- angry, furious, indignant, raging
- angry, annoyed, mad
- 这组词的差别主要在程度上：annoyed语气较弱,只是烦恼,不见得气愤; 而mad表示的感情则比angry更强烈。例如:
- He was annoyed to learn that the train would be delayed.他听说火车要误点,心里很烦恼。
- She seemed to be very mad at him.她似乎对他非常恼火。
- 另外, mad主要与at, about连用,而较少与with连用。
- angrily adv. 愤怒的；生气地