- 愤怒的,生气的 filled with anger
- (天气等)发狂的,狂怒的 (of the sky, clouds, sea, etc.) stormy; threatening
- (伤口)疼痛的,发炎的 (of a wound) painful; inflamed
- feeling or showing anger;
"angry at the weather"
"an angry silence"
"sending angry letters to the papers"
- (of the elements) as if showing violent anger;
"angry clouds on the horizon"
"the raging sea"
- severely inflamed and painful;
"an angry sore"
- His imperious look makes us angry.
- Don't be angry over such trivial matters.
- He shouts when he gets angry, as is often the case.
- There was an angry squall from the bedroom.
- The players were jostled by an angry crowd as they left the field.
My friends' angry words hurt my feelings.
They exchanged angry words.
He always has angry words with Ade.
When the angry feeling is being stressed,“at” is used.
She gave me an angry look.
An angry hornet does much damage to the crops.
Her mother's voice in the corridor roused her from an angry trance.
I never thought that you were such an angry person.
He could be an angry man if he is provoked.
It is hard to talk patiently with an angry woman.
In some states the angry masses rose and seized food and arms.
He fled from the angry tiger.
Our ship braved the angry sea.
Glancing at the angry sky, we hoped the storm would not break before we found shelter.
I was very angry when he kicked my cat.
Haas got very angry.
She looks very angry.
The dark clouds made the sky look angry.
An infected cut looks angry.
When the doctor removed the bandage,I found that the flesh round the wound was still swollen and angry.
The river rushed past, dark and angry.
She often got angry about many foolish things.
He was angry about the hurt.
Do you ever get angry about the cheating you see?
I was angry about missing the film at the cinema.
We were angry at the boys for their tardiness.
He was angry at Rose for accusing him.
I was very angry at his idea.
I was angry at his slipshod work.
She was angry at finding that nothing had been done.
The mother was angry at finding that her son's staying away from school.
He was angry at being kept waiting.
He got insanely angry at being made a fool of.
I hope that you are not angry at my criticizing this feature of English life.
I am angry at what you have done.
He is angry for trifles.
He became increasingly angry over rising prices.
She was not in the least angry with me.
Cage was so disappointed that she was angry with these people, hated them.
I am angry with you for your conduct.
I'm pretty angry with you for not telling me.
She got angry with her son for lying to her again.
She was angry with him for saying so.
She was angry with him for having broken his promise.
He was angry with himself for having made such a foolish mistake.
Don't be angry with me for not having written.
I can't be angry with him now that he's apologized for what he has done.
I was angry to hear it.
He was angry to see his son behave badly at the party.
He was angry to learn that he had been left out of the team.
I was angry to learn that they had overslept and missed the morning train.
He will not be angry to know what you did yesterday.
He will be angry to find that nothing had been done.
The old man was too angry to watch and enjoy the countryside.
We were angry that our request had been rejected.
I was angry that I could not see my way clear,I was angry that no one gave advice that sounded ambitious enough.
He was so angry that he was unable to speak.
She was so angry that she lost count of the conversation of her friends.
I was so angry with her that she drew back in fear.
Nothing ever makes him angry.
It'll make me angry if you'll accept it.
His delay made the teacher angry.
I have a brother.He makes me angrier than anyone.
- angry altercation 激烈的争吵
- angry creases 皱得很厉害
- angry eyes 愤怒的目光
- angry face 气愤的面孔
- angry feeling 愤怒的感情
- angry glance 凶恶的眼神
- angry lecture 愤怒的训斥
- angry look 愤怒的表情
- angry hornet 狂怒的黄蜂
- angry man 愤怒的人
- angry trance 气得失魂落魄
- angry wolf 凶猛的狼
- angry words 愤怒的话语
- angry sea 怒吼的海水
- angry sky 风雨交加的天气
- angry sun 似火骄阳
- angry waves 怒浪
- angry winds 狂风
- angry rash 发炎的皮疹
- angry wound 肿痛的伤口
- curiously angry 反常地生气
- dangerously angry 凶险地发怒
- foolishly angry 愚蠢地生气
- furiously angry 大发雷霆
- genuinely angry 真生气
- hotly angry 非常气愤
- icily angry 冷冰冰地发怒
- implacably angry 难平息地发怒
- increasingly angry 越来越气愤
- inordinately angry 无节制地发怒
- insanely angry 气得发昏
- intolerably angry 偏执地生气
- ludicrously angry 滑稽可笑地生气
- naturally angry 自然地生气
- obviously angry 明显地生气
- outwardly angry 怒容满面
- passionately angry 易动感情地
- righteously angry 义愤填膺
- ridiculously angry 可笑地发怒
- senselessly angry 愚蠢地发怒
- sternly angry 令人恐怖地发怒
- strangely angry 莫名其妙地生气
- sullenly angry 愠怒
- uncontrollably angry 失去控制地动怒
- unjustly angry 不公正地发火
- unnaturally angry 不自然地生气
- violently angry 狂怒
Where it concerns himself, Who's angry at a slander makes it true.出自：Jonson
I had never been angry with her beforesannoyed sometimes,..but never more.出自：H. E. Bates
I was angry with him, angry that he should allow me to talk to him like this.出自：D. Storey
I was still very angry about your not letting me stay.出自：C. Hampton
- 指“对人生气”时，angry with和angry的表达意思相同，但是前者的用法更普遍。而指“对事物生气”时，只可用angry at和angry about，不可用angry with；
She is angry that he has not answered her letter.
- angry表示的“愤怒”,可以是隐藏于心的,也可以是形之于色的,如表情、言行等。另外, angry既指一时一事的发怒或生气,也指某人爱生气,动不动就发火,多用于前者。
- angry在句中主要用作表语和定语,有时也可用作宾语补足语。angry作表语时,常和介词about, at, over, with等连用。在be angry with〔at〕 sb 之后还可接for引起的短语表示动怒的原因。
- angry后可接动词不定式,也可接动名词,含义上并没有差别,接动名词时,须加介词about。例如:I was angry to see her.我为看到她而生气。I was angry about missing that film at the cinema.我因没有看上那部电影而生气。
- angry指人在某一场合的愤怒情绪。在描述人的性格时,不用angry,而用quick-tempered(性情急躁的、易怒的,贬义色彩不浓), irritable(易激怒的、烦躁的,语气较弱)等。
- be angry about, be angry at, be angry with
be angry后面可接介词about, at,也可接介词with。它们之间的区别是：接with是对人,接at是对人的言行,接about是对事。有时对人也可以接at。
- be angry at sb, be angry with sb
在表示对人生气时,一般用be angry with,但偶尔也可用be angry at。这两者的区别在于：1.在正式用语中, be angry at比be angry with语气更强烈。2.be angry with更强调生气的主体; 而be angry at更强调生气的对象,即at的宾语。3.心中暗暗生气多用be angry with,而be angry at则含有怒气外露之意。4.相比之下,美式英语中用be angry at更多些。
- be angry at what..., be angry with what...
be angry with后面偶尔也可接what从句,这在意思上与be angry at what...有细微差别：at表示原因,所以be angry at what...强调“因…而生气”; 而with表示“同…在一起”,所以be angry with what...强调导致生气的原因(即what...)仍留在主体的脑海中,即“还在为…而生气”。例如:
- She was angry at what I said.
- She was angry with what I said.
- angry, furious, indignant, raging
- angry, annoyed, mad
这组词的差别主要在程度上：annoyed语气较弱,只是烦恼,不见得气愤; 而mad表示的感情则比angry更强烈。例如:He was annoyed to learn that the train would be delayed.他听说火车要误点,心里很烦恼。She seemed to be very mad at him.她似乎对他非常恼火。另外, mad主要与at, about连用,而较少与with连用。
- angrily adv. 愤怒的；生气地
- angry:angry adj. 生气的, 愤怒的, 狂暴的(风雨等) 英英解释:形容词angry:1. feeling or showing anger2. (of the elements) as if sh…