- =Random Early Detection，随机早期检测
- 红色的,褐红色的,深红的,深紫色的 of the colour of blood or fire, reddish-brown; of a dark pink to dark purple colour
- 布满血丝的,眼眶发红的,充血的; 涨红的 sore and having red veins and rims; bloodshot; flushed with shame, anger, etc.
- 支持左翼政治观点的,社会党的,共产党的 supporting left-wing political ideas; socialist or communist
- 革命的,共产主义的 revolutionary; communist
- [C][U]红色 red colour
- [U]红衣服 red clothes
- [C]拥护社会主义和共产主义的人; 革命分子,激进分子 person supporting Socialism or Communism; person supporting revolution or radical policies
- red color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood
- a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries
- the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue;
"the company operated at a loss last year"
"the company operated in the red last year"
- of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- characterized by violence or bloodshed;
"writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"
"fann'd by Conquest's crimson wing"
"convulsed with red rage"
- (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion;
"crimson with fury"
"turned red from exertion"
"with puffy reddened eyes"
"red-faced and violent"
"flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
- I received a bunch of red roses on my birthday.
- The dying fire was throwing out a dull red light.
- Red squirrels are now very rare in Britain.
- The sky slowly changed from blue to red.
She has a red hat.
She wore red lipstick.
The red flag is a symbol of revolution.
The red flowers are relieved against the green leaves.
There is a little red house amid the forest.
Give me some red ink.
The boy gave the girl a red rose.
We often denote danger by red letters.
The blue team was defeated by the red team.
He was fetched up short by the red light.
Peter is laying in with good red wine for his wedding party.
I'm collecting for the Red Cross, please give generously.
Red Ken won seat in Parliament.
The Red Army's glorious revolutionary traditions have carried over to the present day.
The sky is red when the sun rises.
He clenched his fist and his face was very red.
It is too cold and his face was red.
Her eyes were red with weeping.
My mother is dying the old curtain red.
Red, yellow, blue, green and purple, etc. are colours.
Bright red was the predominant colour in the room.
He liked red best.
I prefer red to blue.
The design was picked out in the bright red.
I like the pattern, but I should prefer it in green instead of red.
The room was painted in a variety of reds and blues.
Their eldest son always spends too much in drinking and gambling.His wild extravagance is running his family into red.
There's too much red in the painting.
She usually wears red.
Many people are not the Reds, but they have communist beliefs.
His aim is to get the Reds out of Parliament.
- as red as a beetroot
满脸通红 very red in the face, especially because one is embarrassed
He went as red as a beetroot when I asked about his new girlfriend. 我问起他那新女友,他就满脸通红。
Janet went as red as a beetroot when you told that dirty joke. 当你开那个下流玩笑时,珍妮特羞红了脸。
- 满脸通红 very red in the face, especially because one is embarrassed
- like a red rag to a bull
激怒的憎恨、愤怒、暴力行动等 likely cause strong resentment, anger, violence, etc.
Her remarks were like a red rag to a bull, he was furious with her. 她的话惹得他对她暴跳如雷。
Any statement against the government is like a red rag to a bull to that minister. 任何反对政府的言论都会惹得那位部长暴跳如雷。
- 激怒的憎恨、愤怒、暴力行动等 likely cause strong resentment, anger, violence, etc.
- not worth a red cent
She offered me a ring in exchange but it wasn't worth a red cent. 她给了我一枚戒指作为交换,但那是不值钱的玩意。
His advice about gardening wasn't worth a red cent. 他的关于园艺方面的建议不值一文。
- 毫无价值 worthless
- on red alert
准备遭受危险,应急状态 ready for and expecting danger
The district was put on red alert during a terrorist's bomb scare. 这个地区在收到恐怖主义者炸弹恐吓后作了应急准备。
- 准备遭受危险,应急状态 ready for and expecting danger
- paint the town red
狂欢作乐 celebrate (by going out and enjoying oneself)
Every time he comes to New York, he wants to paint the town red. 他每次去纽约总是想痛痛快快地玩乐。
It was the sailors' first night shore; they painted the town red. 那是水手们上岸的第一个晚上,他们开怀畅饮起来。
- 狂欢作乐 celebrate (by going out and enjoying oneself)
- red herring
转移注意力的事情、语言等 fact, argument, etc. that leads attention away from the matter
Stop chasing red herrings and get back to the point. 别东拉西扯了,说点正事吧。
He was trying to ignore the red herrings and get on with the story. 他力图避开题外的话而回到故事本身。
- 转移注意力的事情、语言等 fact, argument, etc. that leads attention away from the matter
- red tape
文牍主义; 官僚主义 official regulations
There's much red tape in some school systems. 学校管理制度中有许多繁琐的东西。
Business is often hampered here by red tape. 这里的工作进展常常是因为繁文缛节所累。
Because of all red tape at immigration I missed my connecting flight. 由于移民局方面令人讨厌的繁琐公事程序,我误了联程航班。
- 文牍主义; 官僚主义 official regulations
- see the red light
觉察危险迫近 be aware of approaching danger
Harry's remarks were beginning to annoy me but he saw the red light and changed the subject. 哈里的话开始使我讨厌,但他好像有所觉察,马上改变了话题。
- 觉察危险迫近 be aware of approaching danger
- Was sb's face red
不好意思,难为情 sb was ashamed
Was my face red when I discovered I hadn't brought out money with me and couldn't pay for my bus ride. 当我发现身边没带钱而付不了公共汽车车费时,真是窘极了。
Was Tom's face red when the beautiful blonde he referred to turned round and proved to be a man with long hair and a beard. 当汤姆提到的那个漂亮的金发碧眼姑娘转过身后竟是个留着长发和胡须的男人时,他显得很窘。
- 不好意思,难为情 sb was ashamed
- get out of the red
〈口〉偿清债务 be no longer in debt
We'll get out of the red. 我们将还清债务。
- 〈口〉偿清债务 be no longer in debt
- in red
穿红衣服 wearing red clothes
She was dressed in red. 她穿着红衣服。
- 穿红衣服 wearing red clothes
- in the red
A large number of American radio stations operate in the red. 许多美国无线电台都有亏损。
The federal budget this year runs to $5.7 billion in the red. 本年度联邦预算赤字总计为57亿美元。
- 〈口〉负债in debt
- see red
〈口〉大怒 become very angry
Cruelty to animals really makes me see red. 对动物的残忍行为真使我怒不可遏。
Whenever anyone teased Jacelin about his weight, he saw red. 每逢有人笑话杰斯林太胖时,他便怒不可遏。
- 〈口〉大怒 become very angry
- red battle 血战
- red book 电话号码簿
- red carpet 隆重地接待
- red flag 红旗
- red hands 沾满血的手
- red hat 红帽子
- red house 红色的小屋
- red letter day (日历上)纪念日,节日
- red light 红灯,危险信号
- red rose 红玫瑰
- red ruin 火灾
- R- Russia 赤俄
- red tape 官僚作风,文牍主义
- red wine 红葡萄酒
- go into the red 出现赤字,亏本
Women paint their lips..shades of red.出自：N. Tinbergen
I stepped out into..traffic as lights changed from red to green.出自：Edmund Ward
Helen..felt a dull red come up her neck.出自：M. Binchy
When the sun rises red, rain may be expected.出自：H. Stephens
My back..was scored with..red welts.出自：M. Amis
We'd gotten two cans of..red paint.出自：K. Vonnegut
- red用作名词的基本意思是“红色”,可用作可数名词,也可用作不可数名词; 既有复数形式reds,也可说much red。
- 在非正式用语里, red还有“革命分子,激进分子”的意思。
- in red, in the red
两者意思不同:in red的意思是“穿红衣服”,而in the red的意思是“亏损,负债”。
误 He is red for anger.
正 He is red with anger.
析 be red with表示“因为…而脸红”,表达人们的感情或感觉,介词用with不用for。
误 The girl in red clothes is my sister.
正 The girl in red is my sister.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的read，意为色红的。
- red:概述【red】一般中文的「红」通常翻为英文的"red"。"red"可以当作形容词，也可以用作名词。当做形容词使用时，其主要字义，包括： 形容词红的，红色的 赤热的，〔脸等〕胀红的，〔眼睛〕充血的；〔手…