- 大声谈论， 大声讲话
- [C][U]噪声,喧哗声 sound especially an unwanted or meaningless unmusical sound
- [C][U]声音,响声 voice, sound
sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound);
"he enjoyed the street noises"
"they heard indistinct noises of people talking"
"during the firework display that ended the gala the noise reached 98 decibels"
the auditory experience of sound that lacks musical quality; sound that is a disagreeable auditory experience;
"modern music is just noise to me"
electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
a loud outcry of protest or complaint;
"the announcement of the election recount caused a lot of noise"
"whatever it was he didn't like it and he was going to let them know by making as loud a noise as he could"
incomprehensibility resulting from irrelevant information or meaningless facts or remarks;
"all the noise in his speech concealed the fact that he didn't have anything to say"
the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan
emit a noise
- The loud noise from the nearby factory chafed him.
- The dog perked its ears at the noise.
- There is so much noise in this restaurant; I can hardly hear you talking.
- A loud noise from the street diverted my attention.
- The noise interrupted my train of thought.
- The least noise would startle the timid child.
- It was noised abroad that his company had gone bankrupt.
- There was a ceaseless noise of machinery.
- If you don't stop making that noise I'm going to lose my patience.
- The tunnel amplified the noise.
- She stopped up her ears to keep the noise out.
- The foreman screamed his instructions in the noise.
- If your house is near the railway station, you will have to live with the noise.
- I deduced from the noise that the dog had woken up.
- Stop him from making that noise.
- How can you stand that noise?
- Look here, young man. I've had about enough of all this noise; now turn that radio down, or I'll report you.
- Lubrication reduces noise and wear.
- I don't like the noise of these jet aircraft, but I've learnt to live with it.
- The noise made him start back.
- The noise gradually faded away.
- The noise fetched him from the cellar.
- The noise nearly frightened us out of senses.
- The noise at the party was so loud that I was hardly able to edge in a remark at all.
- If you close that door you can shut the noise in.
- He was confused by the noise.
- I couldn't make myself heard on account of the noise.
- We always try to get away from the noise and heat of the city for a month or two each summer.
- The singer was put off by a sudden noise outside, and was unable to continue.
- We had to put up with a lot of noise when the children were at home.
- There was a lot of noise coming from the classroom.but I couldn't pin it down to any particular group of students.
- They were surprised by this strange noise.
- A sheet of metal was shaken to simulate the noise of thunder.
- The noise of the explosion penetrated the thickest walls.
- The hill echoed back the noise of the shot.
- See if you can quiet the dog down, it's annoying the neighbours with its noise.
- He started at a loud noise.
- He noticed a rapid tapping noise.
- The motorcycle let off steam with a loud noise and then disappeared in the distance quickly.
- Heavy rain lashed down on the roof, making a terrible noise.
- The barrel of gunpowder blew up with a terrible noise.
- He was suddenly aroused by a slight noise.
- The noise of the shot alarmed hundreds of birds.
- The noise of the shot alarmed them.
- make a noise
吵闹 make an unwanted or meaningless unmusical sound
- make a noise about
为…埋怨 blame for
- make noises about
宣扬 openly talk about
- ban noise 禁止噪音
- carry noise 传播噪音
- catch the noise of 听到…的噪音
- control one's noise 控制自己的声音
- cut noise 中断响声
- cut down noise 减少噪音
- deepen noise 使噪音变得低沉
- drop one's noise 降低声音
- drown out sb's noise 淹没某人的声音
- eliminate noise 消除噪音
- give forth noise 发出噪音
- guard against noise 防止噪音
- hear noise 听到噪音
- hold noise 别做声
- know a noise 知道某种声音
- make noise 发出噪音
- make a big noise against 大叫大嚷地反对
- make a noise in the world 出名
- make loud noise about 鼓吹
- muffle noise 压抑噪音
- produce noise 产生噪音
- recognize a noise 听出声音
- reduce noise 减少噪音
- annoying noise 恼人的噪声
- artificial noise 不自然的噪音
- constant noise 不断的响声
- continuous noise 连续不断的喧闹声
- curious noise 奇怪的响声
- deep noise 低沉的噪音
- dull noise 沉闷的噪音
- ear-deafening noise 震耳欲聋的噪音
- ear-splitting noise 刺耳的噪音
- excessive noise 过分的吵闹声
- faint noise 微弱的噪音
- familiar noise 熟悉的噪音
- gentle noise 轻声
- great noise 大的嘈杂声
- high noise 尖声
- loud noise 嘈杂的噪声
- low noise 低声
- outside noise 外边的噪音
- piercing noise 刺耳的声音
- rough noise 粗声
- shrill noise 尖声
- slight noise 轻微的响声
- small noise 小声
- thundering noise 雷鸣般的响声
- urban noise 城市的嘈杂声
- noise pollution 噪声污染
- at the noise 听到声音
- frighten at the noise 听到吵闹声大吃一惊
- in a high noise 高声地
- in a low noise 低声地
- in a quiet noise 平静地
- open the door with a noise 很响地把门打开
A buzzing noise of Bees his Ears alarms.出自： Dryden
Thro' the noises of the night She floated down to Camelot.出自： Tennyson
Down the platform milk-cans were being shifted, making a loud clanging noise.出自： A. Ransome
A harsh voice could be heard..whistles being blown, much noise and bustle.出自： C. S. Forester
He makes a terrific noise in the shower..a series of shouts.出自： C. Isherwood
There was a great noise all around her, harsh voices and much laughing.出自： G. Vidal
There were aeroplane noises, and ambulance noises; the telephone rang several times.出自： N. Monsarrat
So great was the noise during the day that I used to lie awake at night listening to the silence.出自： M. Spark
All-telling fame Doth noise abroad Navarre hath made a vow.出自：Love's Labour's Lost , Shakespeare
It was noised abroad that he had more real power to help..than many nobles.出自： Ld Macaulay
Relatives of hers noising it about that she was living extravagantly.出自： J. Heller
- noise, clamour, din, sound
- The young men were making such a noise in the restaurant that the police came and ejected them.那些年轻人在餐馆又吵又闹,因此警察来把他们赶走了。
- The sounds failed away.声音渐渐消失了。
- The sound of music drifted up to us.音乐声向我们悠悠飘来。
- Turning the knob of a radio one can fade the volume of sound in or out.旋转收音机的旋钮,你就能使音量渐渐增大或减弱。
- The room echoed with the sound of music.音乐声在房间中回响。
- The din of the machines gave me a headache.机器噪声使我头痛。
- They were unable to sleep because of the din coming from the bar.酒吧里传来的喧闹声吵得他们不能入睡。
- They used to make a clamour about trifles.他们过去常常为小事大吵大闹。
- The clamour of voices from the living room seemed louder than ever.从起居室传来的吵闹声似乎比任何时候都大。
误 Don't make so many noises.
正 Don't make so much noise.我受不了各种不同的声音。
误 I can't bear the noise.
正 I can't bear the noises.
误 I turned on the radio but there was no noise.
正 I turned on the radio but there was no sound.
析 noise表示“太刺耳的声音,噪声”, sound指“(任何)可听到的声音”。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的noise，意为喧闹；最初源自拉丁语的nausea，意为晕船。