- Cyrus West Field 菲尔德（1819-1892，美国实业资本家）
- Eugene Field 菲尔德（1850-1895，美国新闻工作者和诗人）
- 【棒、板】接（球），守（球），截（球）， 掷还（球）
- 派…上场比赛， 使参加比赛，指派（队员）上场
- [C]田,地,牧场 area of land (usually enclosed by a fence, hedge, etc.) used for pasturing animals or cultivating crops
- [C](作某种用途的)场地,场所 a piece of land used for sth special
- [C](矿物的)产地 a place where people find oil, coal, gold, etc.
- [C](学习或研究的)领域 one thing that you study
- a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed;
"he planted a field of wheat"
- a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought;
"they made a tour of Civil War battlefields"
- somewhere (away from a studio or office or library or laboratory) where practical work is done or data is collected;
"anthropologists do much of their work in the field"
- a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?"
"teachers should be well trained in their subject"
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
- the space around a radiating body within which its electromagnetic oscillations can exert force on another similar body not in contact with it
- a particular kind of commercial enterprise;
"they are outstanding in their field"
- a particular environment or walk of life;
"his social sphere is limited"
"it was a closed area of employment"
"he's out of my orbit"
- a piece of land prepared for playing a game;
"the home crowd cheered when Princeton took the field"
- extensive tract of level open land;
"they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"
"he longed for the fields of his youth"
- (mathematics) a set of elements such that addition and multiplication are commutative and associative and multiplication is distributive over addition and there are two elements 0 and 1;
"the set of all rational numbers is a field"
- a region in which active military operations are in progress;
"the army was in the field awaiting action"
"he served in the Vietnam theater for three years"
- all of the horses in a particular horse race
- all the competitors in a particular contest or sporting event
- a geographic region (land or sea) under which something valuable is found;
"the diamond fields of South Africa"
- (computer science) a set of one or more adjacent characters comprising a unit of information
- the area that is visible (as through an optical instrument)
- a place where planes take off and land
- catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket
- play as a fielder
- answer adequately or successfully;
"The lawyer fielded all questions from the press"
- select (a team or individual player) for a game;
"The Buckeyes fielded a young new quarterback for the Rose Bowl"
- He has become famous in his own field.
- The crowd cheered as the teams entered the field.
- When Tom insulted the referee, he responded by ordering him off the field.
- Children went on a picnic and played in a field.
- She fielded the ball.
- England will field a young side in the World Cup.
- The minister easily fielded all the journalist's awkward questions.
- Just before sunset the peasants quit laboring in the field.
- There are small holes in the balk of a field, where crabs and fish accumulate in the rainy season.
- The plants are grown in a laboratory, then transplanted to a field.
- The prospectors in the field obtain their information in many ways.
They are working in the field.
The farm has three fields of root crops.
Seeds and seedling were all washed out of the fields.
The harmful salts were gradually washed away from the fields.
The fields are watered by this water.
We can get more money by farming out the other fields.
The earthquake left a gulf in the field.
We saw a few women working in the fields.
The fields were wasted by a long drought.
What a fine field of rice!
A ditch diverted water from the stream into the fields.
A field of burning grass billowed thick black clouds of smoke into the sky.
The horses were feeding quietly in the field.
They were playing football on the field.
Level out this field, we want to play games on it.
The playing field adjoins the school.
The football field is enclosed by a wall.
He didn't want to lose his life in〔on〕 the battle field.
The general was killed in the field of battle.
Capital construction is under way at several gas fields.
The introduction of electronic computers has borne fruit in the most varied fields of science.
Colonel Higgins was lent by the army to the Institute of Inter American Affairs as a specialist in the military fields.
There is a big field for research there.
What are his main fields of interest?
She is an expert in this field.
His father was a giant in the field of ship building.
- have a field day
〈非正〉获得空前的机会(去尽情享受、施展才能等) get great enjoyment or the greatest possible advantage, especially when making full use of a chance to do what one likes
I had a field day last Sunday. 上周日,我玩得特别痛快。
- 〈非正〉获得空前的机会(去尽情享受、施展才能等) get great enjoyment or the greatest possible advantage, especially when making full use of a chance to do what one likes
- hold the field
不为某人〔某事物〕所代替,保持优势 not be replaced by sb/sth; remain dominant
This dictionary will hold the field. 该字典将在一个较长的时期内保持它的权威性。
- 不为某人〔某事物〕所代替,保持优势 not be replaced by sb/sth; remain dominant
- take the field
开始作战,上阵 begin a war or battle
They took the field at dawn. 他们在凌晨打响了战斗。
They will learn the strength of the rebels, before they dare take the field. 他们在敢于同反叛者作战前,先要了解对方的力量。
The opposition party has made much of the running so far but just wait until our candidate takes the field. 反对党至今已进行了许多竞选活动,但就等着我们的候选人上阵了。
- 开始作战,上阵 begin a war or battle
- beat a field 在原野里散步
- fence a field 用栅栏把地围起来
- open up a field 开拓田地,开辟领域
- plough up a field 耕田
- seed the field with 在地里播种…
- work in the fields 在田间干活
- hold the field 守住阵地
- keep the field 继续战斗
- lose the field 败退
- take the field 参加战斗,开战,出阵,开始比赛
- win the field 取得胜利,打胜仗
- choose a new field 选择新的研究领域
- cover a wide field 涉及范围很广
- discover a new field 发现一个新的领域
- have a wide field of action 有广阔的活动范围
- open a field for trade 开辟商业市场
- widen a field 扩大范围
- barren field 荒芜的田地
- deserted field 荒芜的土地
- green field 绿色的田地
- large field 大片原野
- low-lying fields 低洼地
- unexplored field 未开拓的土地
- virgin field 处女地
- flying field 飞行场
- landing field 着陆场
- magnetic field 磁场
- stricken field 阵地
- complex field 复杂的领域
- important field 重要的领域
- industrial field 工业领域
- intellectual field 知识领域
- scientific field 科学领域
- special field 专长
- baseball field 棒球场
- battle field 战场
- coal field 煤田
- corn field 玉米田
- newspaper field 新闻界
- oil field 油田
- playing fields 运动场,游戏场
- rice field 水稻田
- salt field 盐场
- snow field 雪原
- university field 大学运动场
- field ambulance 战地救护车,野战救护队
- field army 野战集团军
- field artillery 野战炮兵,野战炮兵队
- field battery 野战炮兵连
- field book 野外工作笔记本
- field corn 饲料玉米
- field day 野外演习日,有重要活动的日子
- field event 田赛项目
- field exercise 野外演习
- field hospital 野战医院
- field officer 陆军校级军官
- field sports 野外运动
- field work 野外考察,实地调查(工作)
Hilles and vallies, dales and fields.出自：C. Marlowe
Euery plant of the field.出自：Bible (AV): Genesis
- 表示“在田野里”,介词用in; “在球场上”,介词用on; “在战场上”,介词用in或on皆可。
- 一般未经耕作的土地不叫field,在英国, field大多指青草牧场。
- field用作动词表示“(板球或棒球)(准备)接或掷还(球),守(球)”“任守方”“(足球、板球、棒球等赛中)选派(某人)上场”“顺利处理”。例如:We're fielding first.我们先作守方。She fielded the ball.她把球接住了。They're fielding a very strong team this season.他们本季派了一支很强的球队上场。The minister easily fielded all the journalist's awkward questions.部长轻而易举地一一回答了记者提出的棘手的问题。
- field, farm, garden
这三个词的共同意思是“…场”。其区别是：farm指农场,也可指饲养场、畜牧场、养殖场等; garden指公共娱乐或观赏场地,如公园、花园等,也可指菜园、果园、园地、园圃,还可指露天饮食店; field指田地、牧场,也可指作特殊用地的场地、场所,还可指战场、作战训练场、运动场、田赛场地。例如:It was getting dark when they arrived at the farm.他们到达农场时,天已渐渐黑下来了。An old coin in the garden was dug up.花园里一枚古铜币被挖掘出来。This field needs to be dug up.这块田需要翻。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的feld，意为平坦的，开阔的土地；最初源自古北欧语的feltuhz，意为平坦的土地。
- subject field专题领域
- theater of operations战区
- playing field运动场
- field of honor决斗场
- field of view视野
- athletic field运动场
- line of business行业
- force field力场
- field of study研究范围
- playing area演播区域
- field of battle战场
- subject area主题范围
- field of force力场
- flying field飞机场
- field of operation手术区
- landing field（飞机）着陆场...
- field:field n. 原野, 旷野, 领域, (一块)田地, 牧场, 域, 战场, 运动场vt. 把(谷物等)暴晒于场上, 使上场vi. 担任场外队员adj. 田间的, 野生的, 野外的, 田赛的扫描场…