- n. 田地；领域；运动场；场地；田野；JAVA中的范畴
- vt. 接球；派……上场；顺利处理
- vi. 担任外场员
- adj. 田间的；野外的
- Cyrus West Field 菲尔德（1819-1892，美国实业资本家）
- Eugene Field 菲尔德（1850-1895，美国新闻工作者和诗人）
- 【棒、板】接（球），守（球），截（球）， 掷还（球）
- 派…上场比赛， 使参加比赛，指派（队员）上场
- [C]田,地,牧场 area of land (usually enclosed by a fence, hedge, etc.) used for pasturing animals or cultivating crops
- [C](作某种用途的)场地,场所 a piece of land used for sth special
- [C](矿物的)产地 a place where people find oil, coal, gold, etc.
- [C](学习或研究的)领域 one thing that you study
a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed;
"he planted a field of wheat"
a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought;
"they made a tour of Civil War battlefields"
somewhere (away from a studio or office or library or laboratory) where practical work is done or data is collected;
"anthropologists do much of their work in the field"
a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?"
"teachers should be well trained in their subject"
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
the space around a radiating body within which its electromagnetic oscillations can exert force on another similar body not in contact with it
a particular kind of commercial enterprise;
"they are outstanding in their field"
a particular environment or walk of life;
"his social sphere is limited"
"it was a closed area of employment"
"he's out of my orbit"
a piece of land prepared for playing a game;
"the home crowd cheered when Princeton took the field"
extensive tract of level open land;
"they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"
"he longed for the fields of his youth"
(mathematics) a set of elements such that addition and multiplication are commutative and associative and multiplication is distributive over addition and there are two elements 0 and 1;
"the set of all rational numbers is a field"
a region in which active military operations are in progress;
"the army was in the field awaiting action"
"he served in the Vietnam theater for three years"
all of the horses in a particular horse race
all the competitors in a particular contest or sporting event
a geographic region (land or sea) under which something valuable is found;
"the diamond fields of South Africa"
(computer science) a set of one or more adjacent characters comprising a unit of information
the area that is visible (as through an optical instrument)
a place where planes take off and land
catch or pick up (balls) in baseball or cricket
play as a fielder
answer adequately or successfully;
"The lawyer fielded all questions from the press"
select (a team or individual player) for a game;
"The Buckeyes fielded a young new quarterback for the Rose Bowl"
- Many farmers are working in the fields.
- He has become famous in his own field.
- The crowd cheered as the teams entered the field.
- When Tom insulted the referee, he responded by ordering him off the field.
- Children went on a picnic and played in a field.
- She fielded the ball.
- England will field a young side in the World Cup.
- The minister easily fielded all the journalist's awkward questions.
- Just before sunset the peasants quit laboring in the field.
- There are small holes in the balk of a field, where crabs and fish accumulate in the rainy season.
- The plants are grown in a laboratory, then transplanted to a field.
- The prospectors in the field obtain their information in many ways.
- They are working in the field.
- The farm has three fields of root crops.
- Seeds and seedling were all washed out of the fields.
- The harmful salts were gradually washed away from the fields.
- The fields are watered by this water.
- We can get more money by farming out the other fields.
- The earthquake left a gulf in the field.
- We saw a few women working in the fields.
- The fields were wasted by a long drought.
- What a fine field of rice!
- A ditch diverted water from the stream into the fields.
- A field of burning grass billowed thick black clouds of smoke into the sky.
- The horses were feeding quietly in the field.
- They were playing football on the field.
- Level out this field, we want to play games on it.
- The playing field adjoins the school.
- The football field is enclosed by a wall.
- He didn't want to lose his life in〔on〕 the battle field.
- The general was killed in the field of battle.
- Capital construction is under way at several gas fields.
- The introduction of electronic computers has borne fruit in the most varied fields of science.
- Colonel Higgins was lent by the army to the Institute of Inter American Affairs as a specialist in the military fields.
- There is a big field for research there.
- What are his main fields of interest?
- She is an expert in this field.
- His father was a giant in the field of ship building.
- have a field day
〈非正〉获得空前的机会(去尽情享受、施展才能等) get great enjoyment or the greatest possible advantage, especially when making full use of a chance to do what one likes
- hold the field
不为某人〔某事物〕所代替,保持优势 not be replaced by sb/sth; remain dominant
- take the field
开始作战,上阵 begin a war or battle
- beat a field 在原野里散步
- fence a field 用栅栏把地围起来
- open up a field 开拓田地,开辟领域
- plough up a field 耕田
- seed the field with 在地里播种…
- work in the fields 在田间干活
- hold the field 守住阵地
- keep the field 继续战斗
- lose the field 败退
- take the field 参加战斗,开战,出阵,开始比赛
- win the field 取得胜利,打胜仗
- choose a new field 选择新的研究领域
- cover a wide field 涉及范围很广
- discover a new field 发现一个新的领域
- have a wide field of action 有广阔的活动范围
- open a field for trade 开辟商业市场
- widen a field 扩大范围
- barren field 荒芜的田地
- deserted field 荒芜的土地
- green field 绿色的田地
- large field 大片原野
- low-lying fields 低洼地
- unexplored field 未开拓的土地
- virgin field 处女地
- flying field 飞行场
- landing field 着陆场
- magnetic field 磁场
- stricken field 阵地
- complex field 复杂的领域
- important field 重要的领域
- industrial field 工业领域
- intellectual field 知识领域
- scientific field 科学领域
- special field 专长
- baseball field 棒球场
- battle field 战场
- coal field 煤田
- corn field 玉米田
- newspaper field 新闻界
- oil field 油田
- playing fields 运动场,游戏场
- rice field 水稻田
- salt field 盐场
- snow field 雪原
- university field 大学运动场
- field ambulance 战地救护车,野战救护队
- field army 野战集团军
- field artillery 野战炮兵,野战炮兵队
- field battery 野战炮兵连
- field book 野外工作笔记本
- field corn 饲料玉米
- field day 野外演习日,有重要活动的日子
- field event 田赛项目
- field exercise 野外演习
- field hospital 野战医院
- field officer 陆军校级军官
- field sports 野外运动
- field work 野外考察,实地调查(工作)
Hilles and vallies, dales and fields.出自： C. Marlowe
Euery plant of the field.出自：Bible (AV): Genesis
- 表示“在田野里”,介词用in; “在球场上”,介词用on; “在战场上”,介词用in或on皆可。
- field, farm, garden
- farm指农场,也可指饲养场、畜牧场、养殖场等; garden指公共娱乐或观赏场地,如公园、花园等,也可指菜园、果园、园地、园圃,还可指露天饮食店; field指田地、牧场,也可指作特殊用地的场地、场所,还可指战场、作战训练场、运动场、田赛场地。例如:
- It was getting dark when they arrived at the farm.他们到达农场时,天已渐渐黑下来了。
- An old coin in the garden was dug up.花园里一枚古铜币被挖掘出来。
- This field needs to be dug up.这块田需要翻。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的feld，意为平坦的，开阔的土地；最初源自古北欧语的felthuz，意为平坦的土地。
- sphere 范围
- land 陆地
- region 地区
- area 面积
- space 空间
- range 范围
- ground 地面
- tract 大片土地
- pasture 牧场
- plot 情节
- realm 领域
- domain 领地
- study 研究
- arena 竞技场
- stadium 体育场
- universe 宇宙
- court 法院
- department 部门
- circle 圆圈
- meadow 草地
- province 省
- sheet 被单
- latitude 纬度
- lot 许多
- pursuit 追求
- play 玩
- circus 马戏团
- playground 操场
- profession 职业
- airport 机场
- scale 刻度
- subject field 专题领域
- discipline 纪律
- theater 剧场
- battlefield 战场
- champaign 平原
- theater of operations 战区
- playing field 运动场
- subject 话题
- field of honor 决斗场
- airfield 飞机场
- field of view 视野
- athletic field 运动场
- theatre 戏院
- line of business 行业
- force field 力场
- field of study 研究范围
- playing area 演播区域
- bailiwick 市镇官管辖区...
- plain 清楚的
- field of battle 战场
- subject area 主题范围
- orbit 势力范围
- field of force 力场
- flying field 飞机场
- field of operation 手术区
- landing field （飞机）着陆场...
- battleground 战场
- territory 领土
- moor 荒野