- [C]表演场地,竞技场 level area in the centre of an amphitheatre of a sports stadium or public entertainments, etc.
- [C]活动或斗争的场所或场面 place or scene of activity or conflict
a particular environment or walk of life;
"his social sphere is limited"
"it was a closed area of employment"
"he's out of my orbit"
the central area of an ancient Roman amphitheater where contests and spectacles were held; especially an area that was strewn with sand
a large structure for open-air sports or entertainments
a playing field where sports events take place
- The Roman arena was very famous.
- The arena was crowded with thousands of spectators.
- The circus elephants were led into the arena .
- She entered the political arena at the age of 25.
- Here was the arena of the World War I.
Howe seldom entered the arena of controversy.出自： H. Rogers
Economic society was an arena in which men met to compete.出自： J. K. Galbraith
A landscape without theatricals except when it became an arena for summer storms.出自： N. Gordimer