- [C]部,部门,系 one of the parts of a university, school, government, shop, big company, etc.
- a specialized division of a large organization;
"you'll find it in the hardware department"
"she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
- the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
- a specialized sphere of knowledge;
"baking is not my department"
"his work established a new department of literature"
- He worked in community welfare department.
- He works in the drapery department of the store.
- He was elected the dean of our department.
- The students of our department numbered in the hundreds.
- The Immigration Department is tasked to exercise these functions.
He manages a large department store.
A large department store is the sponsor of the annual Christmas parade.
All representatives report to the sales department.
The information is fed back to the appropriate government department.
The Ministry of Education is a government department in charge of schools.
There are some junior members of the staff in our department.
Mr. White is a newly-appointed department head.
Twelve departments comprise this university.12
There are twenty departments in the humanities.
Our department has engaged a foreign teacher as phonetic adviser.
I filed my resignation with the department.
The older worker draws his pension to the accountant's department.
You should ask the personnel department for help.
- affect all departments 影响各个部门
- found a department 建立一个系
- have a department 有个…车间
- include a department 包括一个…科
- institute a department 设立一个系
- open up a department 开办一个车间
- set up a department 建立一个系
- accounting department 会计科
- biology department 生物系
- business department 营业部
- chemistry department 化学系
- English department 英语系
- government department 政府的一个部门
- finance department 财政部
- fire department 消防署
- French department 法语系
- furniture department 家具部
- German department 德语系
- health department 卫生局
- history department 历史系
- Italian department 意大利语系
- mathematics department 数学系
- music department 音乐系
- nursing department 护士学科
- physics department 物理系
- police department 警察局
- political science department 政治学系
- post department 邮购部
- service department 维修保养部
- shoes department 售鞋部
- Spanish department 西班牙语系
- the Foreign Languages D- 外语系
- the State D- 国务院
- women's clothing department 妇女服装部
- department store 百货商店
- department concerned 有关部门
- department of physics 物理系
- the D- of Agriculture 农业部
- the D- of Defense 国防部
- the D- of Education 教育部
- the D- of Energy 能源部
- in the department 在这部门
To find my way through departments of underwear, outfitting,..sport and cutlery.出自：C. Isherwood
Lombroso's own department of charlatanry was to attack Christian morals.出自：H. Belloc
- 在英美两国，department还可表示“大学里的系”，如department of foreign languages（外语系），但是在美国使用得更为普遍；
- department store, shop, store
这组词都可表示“商店”。其区别在于:shop在英国一般指零售商店,在美国还指专卖店,即出售固定商品的门市部; store为美国用词,指零售商店,其复数stores则指百货商店,相当于英式英语中的department store。例如:By the end of the year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.到年底,那个种子、粮食小店的生意有了相当大的发展。She bought the sofa at the stores.她在百货公司买了这沙发。I do all my shopping at that department store.我什么都在那家百货商店买。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的dpartemnet，意为分开的部门，各自的生意；最初源自晚期拉丁语的departire。
- department:department n. 部, 局, 处, 科, 部门, 系, 学部 英英解释:名词department:1. a specialized division of a large organizat…