- 直率的， 坦诚的，直接的
- 清晰的,明白的 clear; easy to see, hear, or understand
- 朴素的,简单的,平常的 simple; without anything added; without decoration
- 坦白的,坦率的,真诚的 showing clearly, honestly, and exactly what is thought or felt
- [A]完全的,十足的,彻底的 complete; undoubted
- [P]平原 a large stretch of flat land
- extensive tract of level open land;
"they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"
"he longed for the fields of his youth"
- a basic knitting stitch
- clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment;
"the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"
"made his meaning plain"
"it is plain that he is no reactionary"
"in plain view"
- not elaborate or elaborated; simple;
"stuck to the plain facts"
"a plain blue suit"
"a plain rectangular brick building"
- lacking patterns especially in color
- not mixed with extraneous elements;
"not an unmixed blessing"
- free from any effort to soften to disguise;
"the plain and unvarnished truth"
"the unvarnished candor of old people and children"
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation;
"a plain hair style"
"unembellished white walls"
"functional architecture featuring stark unornamented concrete"
- lacking in physical beauty or proportion;
"a homely child"
"several of the buildings were downright homely"
"a plain girl with a freckled face"
- unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly');
"the answer is obviously wrong"
"she was in bed and evidently in great pain"
"he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list"
"it is all patently nonsense"
"she has apparently been living here for some time"
"I thought he owned the property, but apparently not"
"You are plainly wrong"
"he is plain stubborn"
- express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness;
"My mother complains all day"
"She has a lot to kick about"
- It was plain to everyone that she was not happy.
- The restaurant serves plain home-made meals.
- She was admired for her plain speaking.
- Most people see great men as wizards; however, they are just plain people.
- Her plain black dress was too severe for such a cheerful occasion.
- I drink only pure water after taking exercises.
- The wind whipped across the plain.
- The mountain stands tall and upright on the vast plain.
- Shanghai in Yangtze Delta alluvial plain, low-lying, the network of waterways covered with vast shoals resources.
- That is just plain stupid.
The plain truth is that she will never return.
The plain fact is that we just can't afford it.
He refused to commit himself to a plain “yes” or “no”.
She's in plain clothes.
He wore a plain cotton uniform.
We are leading a plain life.
Comrades must be helped to preserve the style of plain living and hard struggle.
The girl has a good figure but a plain face.
From a rather plain child she had grown into a beautiful woman.
I'm afraid she's rather a plain girl.
I'll tell you everything in plain words.
The teacher gave me a plain talk about my mistakes.
He is fond of plain dealing and plain speaking.
He's plain stupid.
It's just plain foolishness to spend all your pay as soon as you get it!
The meaning of the sentence is quite plain.
The figures in the picture are quite plain.
Whatever the terms used, the facts are plain enough.
I should think that her motive is quite plain.
His guilt is plain because the stolen money was found in his briefcase.
Her dress is severely plain.
I will be plain with you and tell you the truth.
He was quite plain about his feeling on the matter.
It's plain to see you haven't done this before.
It's quite plain that you haven't been paying attention.
It is quite plain that he is mistaken.
I hope I've made myself plain on this issue.
There is no more money—do I make myself plain?
He made it plain to us that he did not wish to continue.
Is the coastal plain good for growing crops?
I was fearful lest we should strike the timbered edge of the plain.
The wind whistled across the plain.
Animals range over the hills and plains.
He ranged the plains.
The vast plains of this country spread for hundreds of miles.
Most of the ocean bottom is made up of smooth plains.
China's vast plains are distributed mainly in the eastern part of the country along the seacoast.
South of the Great Wall, boundless plains stretch far out of sight.
They turned the hills into orchards and plains into granaries.
- as plain as the nose on one's face
显而易见 very obvious
Surely you can see what's wrong; it's as plain as the nose on your face. 当然你能知道出了什么差错,这显而易见。
It's as plain as the nose on your face.If we haven't got any money, we can't buy a television. 如果我们没有钱,就不能买电视机,这是明摆着的事。
- 显而易见 very obvious
- in plain English
用直率的或简单明了的英语,不拐弯抹角而直说 bluntly or simply expressed
Please rephrase the question in plain English. 请用明白的英语重新提出问题。
The book is written in plain English. 那本书是用简明英语写的。
If you want me to go, why didn't you say so in plain English instead of making vague hints? 你想叫我走,为什么拐弯抹角而不直说?
- 用直率的或简单明了的英语,不拐弯抹角而直说 bluntly or simply expressed
- in plain sight
一目了然 be clear at a glance
She counted more than a dozen in plain sight as the steamer drew closer. 当轮船靠近时,她一眼就数出了十多艘来。
- 一目了然 be clear at a glance
- plain sailing
十分顺利; 一帆风顺 course of action that is simple and free from trouble
The drive is plain sailing once you get out of the suburbs. 出了郊区,车就容易驾驶了。
After we engaged a guide, everything was plain sailing. 我们请了向导后,一切都顺利了。
- 十分顺利; 一帆风顺 course of action that is simple and free from trouble
- plain speaking
诚实〔坦率〕地说 honest〔open〕 talk
They are all so suspicious of each other; a little plain speaking would do a lot of good. 他们都是相互猜疑,如果稍微诚实坦率些,那就会好多了。
- 诚实〔坦率〕地说 honest〔open〕 talk
- plain cake 纯蛋糕
- plain chocolate 纯巧克力
- plain clothes man 便衣警察
- plain cover 普通信封
- plain drawing 素描
- plain English 简易英语
- plain fabric 素的织物
- plain flour 未发酵的面粉
- plain food 简单的食物
- plain language 简单的语言
- plain living 简朴的生活
- plain meal 便饭
- plain pattern 朴素的式样
- plain people 普通人,老百姓
- plain speaking 打开天窗说亮话
- plain speech 简单明了的语言
- plain true 明显的事实
- plain words 简单明了的语言
- plain enough 足够清楚
- plain to see 一清二楚的
- bare plain 光秃秃的平原
- bleak plain 荒凉的平原
- broad plain 广阔的平原
- coastal plain 沿海平原
- flat plain 平坦的平原
- level plain 平坦的平原
- vast plain 辽阔的平原
- wide plain 广阔的平原
- the great plains of the American Midwest 美国中西部的大平原
Beyond..the White Mountain rising up from the Wexford plain.出自：Day Lewis
From the foothills to..the coastal plain.出自：C. Thubron
Follow me then to plainer ground.出自：Midsummer Night's Dream,Shakespeare
Small Cause, I ween, has lusty Youth to plain.出自：A. Philips
- plain sailing一词表示“一帆风顺”，源自航海词汇，指采用简便的平面海图的导航。
- plain作形容词的基本意思是“清晰的,明白的”,指能被人清楚地看到或听到。plain作“朴素的,简单的,平常的”解时,可指衣着朴素,缺乏装饰; 也可指人的相貌平常,没有特别引人注目之处。plain作“坦白的,坦率的,真诚的”解时,一般指人的行为和思想。plain作以上解释时在句中可用作定语或表语。
- plain, ugly
这两个词都可表示“难看的”。其区别是：1.ugly语气较强烈,指“难看的,难听的,丑陋的”,可指人或物,着重于“令人不快的”。2.plain强调脸部外貌缺乏某种能引起兴趣或吸引人的特征。例如:From a rather plain child she had grown into a beautiful woman.她从一个相貌平平的孩子长成了一个美丽的女子。The girl has a good figure but a plain face.那个女孩子体形很美,但长相一般。
- apparent obvious evident clear plain distinct definite manifest
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的plain；最初源自拉丁语的plauns，意为平的，平地。
- plain:plain n. 平原, 草原adj. 简单的, 明白的, 平常的, 清晰的, 普通的, 朴素的adv. 清楚地n. [计] 无格式 英英解释:名词plain:1. extensive tract o…