- 锻炼， 操练
- 自我控制， 严格要求（自己）
- vt. 训导,训练 keep under control; train
- vt. 惩罚 punish
- [U]训练; 锻炼; 训导 training; aimed at producing self-control; obedience
- [U]纪律 result of such training
- [U]处罚,处分 punishment
- [C]学科 subject of instruction
- a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?"
"teachers should be well trained in their subject"
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
- a system of rules of conduct or method of practice;
"he quickly learned the discipline of prison routine"
"for such a plan to work requires discipline"
- the trait of being well behaved;
"he insisted on discipline among the troops"
- training to improve strength or self-control
- the act of punishing;
"the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control;
"Parents must discipline their children"
"Is this dog trained?"
- punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience;
"The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
- She is strict in the matter of discipline.
- It takes years of discipline to become a pianist.
- It showed that they had been well disciplined.
- The dog was disciplined by a professional trainer.
- He never disciplined his apprentices with violence.
You must learn to discipline yourself.
The teacher disciplines the new comers at the beginning of the new term.
She must have been well disciplined for her orderliness.
The boy was often disciplined for staying away from school.
I've disciplined myself to do two hours of exercise every day.
She needs the discipline of having to write an essay every week.
Our soldiers showed perfect discipline under heavy fire from the enemy's guns.
That child needs discipline.
Mathematics and physics are related disciplines.
- discipline a child 教训孩子
- discipline admirably 管教地极好
- discipline conventionally 按常规训练
- discipline faithfully 全心全意地训练
- discipline highly 纪律严明
- discipline patiently 有耐性地训练
- discipline soundly 静静地训练
- discipline unflaggingly 悄悄地训练
- corrupt discipline 败坏风纪
- keep〔observe〕 discipline 遵守纪律
- maintain discipline 维持纪律
- violate the law and discipline 违法乱纪
- enough discipline 充分训练
- good discipline 很好的训练
- firm〔severe〕 discipline 严格的纪律
- lax discipline 松弛的纪律
- rigid discipline 严厉的纪律
If any be found unchast, she receives three Disciplines or scourgings.出自：J. Sergeant
Has he disciplin'd Aufidius soundly?出自：Coriolanus,Shakespeare
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的descepilne；最初源自拉丁语的discipilna，意为有必要的惩戒。
- discipline:discipline n. 纪律, 学科v. 训练 英英解释:名词discipline:1. a branch of knowledge同义词：subject, subject area, subje…