- n. 纪律；训练；学科
- vt. 训练；惩罚
- 锻炼， 操练
- 自我控制， 严格要求（自己）
- vt. 训导,训练 keep under control; train
- vt. 惩罚 punish
- [U]训练; 锻炼; 训导 training; aimed at producing self-control; obedience
- [U]纪律 result of such training
- [U]处罚,处分 punishment
- [C]学科 subject of instruction
a branch of knowledge;
"in what discipline is his doctorate?"
"teachers should be well trained in their subject"
"anthropology is the study of human beings"
a system of rules of conduct or method of practice;
"he quickly learned the discipline of prison routine"
"for such a plan to work requires discipline"
the trait of being well behaved;
"he insisted on discipline among the troops"
training to improve strength or self-control
the act of punishing;
"the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control;
"Parents must discipline their children"
"Is this dog trained?"
punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience;
"The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
- She is strict in the matter of discipline.
- It takes years of discipline to become a pianist.
- Applied linguistics is a new and independent discipline.
- It showed that they had been well disciplined.
- The dog was disciplined by a professional trainer.
- He never disciplined his apprentices with violence.
- You must learn to discipline yourself.
- The teacher disciplines the new comers at the beginning of the new term.
- She must have been well disciplined for her orderliness.
- The boy was often disciplined for staying away from school.
- I've disciplined myself to do two hours of exercise every day.
- She needs the discipline of having to write an essay every week.
- Our soldiers showed perfect discipline under heavy fire from the enemy's guns.
- That child needs discipline.
- Mathematics and physics are related disciplines.
- discipline a child 教训孩子
- discipline admirably 管教地极好
- discipline conventionally 按常规训练
- discipline faithfully 全心全意地训练
- discipline highly 纪律严明
- discipline patiently 有耐性地训练
- discipline soundly 静静地训练
- discipline unflaggingly 悄悄地训练
- corrupt discipline 败坏风纪
- keep〔observe〕 discipline 遵守纪律
- maintain discipline 维持纪律
- violate the law and discipline 违法乱纪
- enough discipline 充分训练
- good discipline 很好的训练
- firm〔severe〕 discipline 严格的纪律
- lax discipline 松弛的纪律
- rigid discipline 严厉的纪律
If any be found unchast, she receives three Disciplines or scourgings.出自： J. Sergeant
Has he disciplin'd Aufidius soundly?出自：Coriolanus , Shakespeare
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的descepline；最初源自拉丁语的disciplina，意为有必要的惩戒。