- an instance or single occasion for some event;
"this time he succeeded"
"he called four times"
"he could do ten at a clip"
- a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something;
"take time to smell the roses"
"I didn't have time to finish"
"it took more than half my time"
- an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities);
"he waited a long time"
"the time of year for planting"
"he was a great actor in his time"
- a suitable moment;
"it is time to go"
- the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- a person's experience on a particular occasion;
"he had a time holding back the tears"
"they had a good time together"
- a reading of a point in time as given by a clock;
"do you know what time it is?"
"the time is 10 o'clock"
- the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned;
"he served a prison term of 15 months"
"his sentence was 5 to 10 years"
"he is doing time in the county jail"
- measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time;
"he clocked the runners"
- assign a time for an activity or event;
"The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- set the speed, duration, or execution of;
"we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- regulate or set the time of;
"time the clock"
- adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time;
"The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
- Only time will tell if you are right.
- Reading occupies most of my free time.
- I referred to my watch for the exact time.
- Closing time at this pub is eleven o' clock.
- She is the most progressive writer of the time.
- Sugar is under allocation during war time.
- It was the happiest time in his wife .
- The room is three times larger than that one.
- He failed his driving test five times.
- Three-fourths meter is waltz time.
- The experienced car racer can always time his start to perfection.
- To time a race is to see how long it takes.
- This egg is hard---you didn't time it properly.
- He timed that shot beautifully.
- The earth is divided into 24 time zones.
- The heating is on a time switch.
- The police defected a time bomb in the building.
- a time payment
- a time loan
- This time draft will fall due at the end of this year.
- time after time屡次
- in time及时，按时，适时...
- time and again多次
- in good time及时地
- against time争分夺秒(赶时间...
- at a time每次
- for the time being
- from time to time有时
- all the time一直，始终
- at the same time同时
- on time准时
- the whole time全部时间(自始至终)...
- many a time屡次
- the time of one's life一生中的得意时代...
- keep time合拍子
- in no time立即，马上
- access time存取时间
- behind the times落在时代后面的(过时...
- at times有时
Annette..was absent a considerable time.出自：A. Radcliffe
I will lead you to Finisterre in no time.出自：G. Borrow
All times of mental progress are times of confusion.出自：B. Jowett
For some time I stood as one enchanted in the middle of the room.出自：I. Murdoch
The time taken had been half a minute.出自：W. Trevor
I would time the moment that she left..so as to meet her.出自：C. Chaplin
[短语词组]it is time for sb. to贡献者: pollyannalulu 2012-06-28 有用报错
- epoch 时期
- while当 ... 的时候...
- clock time时钟时间
- prison term刑期
- fourth dimension第四维
- time:英文原义：Trivial File Transfer Protocol中文释义：简单文件传输协议或零碎文件传输协议注解：TFTP协议的作用和我们经常使用的FTP大致相同，都是用于文件的传输，可以实现网…