- vt. & vi. 记录; 录音,拍摄 write down (a description or piece of information) so that it will be known in the future; preserve (sound or a television broadcast) so that it can be heard or seen again
- vt. 显示; 自动记下 show by measuring; register
- [C]记录,记载 permanent account, especially in writing, of facts, events, etc.
- [S]经历,履历; 功过 facts, events, etc. known (but not always written down) about the past of sb/sth
- [C]最好的成绩,水平; 记录 best performance or highest or lowest level ever reached, especially in sport
- [A]创纪录的 more, fast, better, etc., than ever before
- anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events;
"the film provided a valuable record of stage techniques"
- sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove; used to reproduce music by rotating while a phonograph needle tracks in the groove
- the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had;
"at 9-0 they have the best record in their league"
- the sum of recognized accomplishments;
"the lawyer has a good record"
"the track record shows that he will be a good president"
- a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone;
"Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"
"his name is in all the record books"
- an extreme attainment; the best (or worst) performance ever attested (as in a sport);
"he tied the Olympic record"
"coffee production last year broke all previous records"
"Chicago set the homicide record"
- a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction;
"they could find no record of the purchase"
- a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted;
"he ruled that the criminal record of the defendant could not be disclosed to the court"
"the prostitute had a record a mile long"
- make a record of; set down in permanent form
- register electronically;
"They recorded her singing"
- indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments;
"The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"
"The gauge read `empty'"
- be aware of;
"Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
- be or provide a memorial to a person or an event;
"This sculpture commemorates the victims of the concentration camps"
"We memorialized the Dead"
- He did very well, but failed to break the record.
- She holds the world record for long distance swimming.
- You should keep a record of your expenses.
- Last summer was the wettest on record.
- Her past record counts against her.
- She seemed perversely proud of her criminal record.
- I recorded the score in a notebook.
- We record our thoughts and experiences in diaries.
- The thermometer recorded 40C.
- The broadcast was recorded, not live.
Does this machine record well?
His voice does not record well.
The background records just right.
Will you record your impression of the trip?
She recorded her impressions of the city in her diary.
They have recorded the proceedings of the court.
The police stenographer recorded the man's confession word by word.
You should record precious comments like that.
The secretary recorded the names of all those present.
I recorded his lecture.
His diary recorded the events of the past.
This volume records the history of the Chinese revolution.
Language is speech, writing is merely a device for recording speech.
I have recorded the whole concert.
Don't make any noise when I'm recording the song.
The tape recorder has recorded his voice and the camera has recorded his features.
He noticed that at that moment the thermometer recorded 90℃.
A cardiograph records the heartbeat.
The thermometer recorded the highest temperature in the history of the country.
The gift will serve to record our appreciation.
Metal tools record a superior civilization.
How he died is not recorded.
Their every action and expression was recorded by concealed cameras.
The singer has not been recorded for years.
The broadcast was recorded, not live.
The amount of electricity used is recorded by a meter.
The meeting recorded that there had been a heated argument.
Listen to the speaker and record what he says.
It is recorded as being the best.
He is recorded to have made this canal.
Let the record speak for itself.
His fame soon passed from record and memory.
History is a record of past events.
Do you keep a record of your expenditure?
The secretary kept a record of what was done at the meeting.
The travellers wrote a record of their journey.
The official records are kept in that building.
Bamboo was one of the earliest materials the Chinese people used for their written records.
This is quite a record.
The team has a very poor record.
We'll try to hit a new record.
He broke a record in running.
Some new world records were made on this Olympic Games.
They have been training regularly for some time and have set a few new records.
He broke several world swimming records at the 2000 Olympics.
His record is against him.
His political record was outstanding.
That airline has a bad record.
The man had a long criminal record.
The police are looking into the past record of the suspect.
A record number of people attended the concert.
They finished in record time.
Sales have reached record levels.
Unemployment was at a record high.
The price of gold has risen to a record high this month.
U. S. dollars fell to a record low.
The bank rate was increased to a record 8%.
And whether they play in smoky cellar clubs or spacious concert hall, jazz musicians are drawing record crowds.
- record from (v.+prep.)
从…录制,转录 use a machine such as a tape recorder to make a lasting record of (sound or picture) produced in the course of (a performance) or taken from (an earlier recording) record from sth
Firms are now selling packages of favourite performances recorded from films.有些公司正出售从电影中录制下来的整套受人欢迎的节目。record sth from sth
We managed to record the whole of the concert from a live studio broadcast.我们设法把现场直播音乐会的全部节目录了下来。用于be ～ed结构
These songs were recorded from a concert during last year's season.这些歌曲是在上季的音乐会上录下来的。
- 从…录制,转录 use a machine such as a tape recorder to make a lasting record of (sound or picture) produced in the course of (a performance) or taken from (an earlier recording) record from sth
- record on1 (v.+adv.)
录制(声音或图像) use a machine such as a tape recorder or use certain materials as a means of reproducing the sound or picture; mark an effect on sth record sth on
A cassette tape recorder can easily record sound on and play sound back from tape.盒式录音机可以很容易地用磁带录音和放音。
- 录制(声音或图像) use a machine such as a tape recorder or use certain materials as a means of reproducing the sound or picture; mark an effect on sth record sth on
- record on2 (v.+prep.)
把(声音或图像)录制在…上; 表明 use a machine such as a tape recorder or use certain materials as a mean of reproducing the sound or picture; mark an effect on sth record sth on sth 用于be ～ed结构
The language teaching lessons were recorded on videotape so that they can be shown again and again.语言教学课程已制成录像带,可以反复放映。
In the early days, performances used to be recorded on wax.在过去,演出节目常录在唱片上。
Her sufferings are recorded on her face for the rest of her life.苦难的经历在她脸上留下了永久的痕迹。
The intensity of the explosion is recorded on the charred tree trunks.那些烧焦的树干表明爆炸的强烈。
- 把(声音或图像)录制在…上; 表明 use a machine such as a tape recorder or use certain materials as a mean of reproducing the sound or picture; mark an effect on sth record sth on sth 用于be ～ed结构
- record onto (v.+prep.)
把…转录在…上 move an reproduction of a sound or picture from one tape or material onto another record sth onto sth
The electricians have performed wonders in recording these long dead voices from old wax onto modern plastic surfaces.电气技师们很出色地把这些早已失传的声音从老唱片中转录到现代的塑料薄膜唱片上。用于be ～ed结构
Nowadays, one's voice, appearance or movement can be recorded onto tape or film.现在一个人的声音、表情或者动作都可以录在磁带或胶片上。
- 把…转录在…上 move an reproduction of a sound or picture from one tape or material onto another record sth onto sth
- a matter of record
有记录可查的事; 有案可稽之事 sth known to be true
It's a matter of record that there were ten bankruptcies in the town last year. 去年这个城市有十家破产是事实。
It's a matter of record that nobody has ever failed this examination. 根据记载,从没有人在这考试中不合格。
A birth certificate or a marriage license is a matter of record. 出生证明和结婚证书都是记录在案的。
If you're convicted of speeding, it becomes a matter of record. 如果你被判犯有超速行驶罪,它就成为记录在案的事了。
- 有记录可查的事; 有案可稽之事 sth known to be true
- for the record
正式记录在案,正式地 be formally noted
Just for the record,I think the President is a fool. 我公开声明,总统是个傻瓜。
Just for the record,I think we're making a grave mistake. 我要郑重地指出,我认为我们正在犯一个严重的错误。
For the record I'd just like to say that I totally disagree with this decision. 必须郑重声明,我完全不同意这一决定。
- 正式记录在案,正式地 be formally noted
- go on record
公开表明观点; 被记录在案以备日后查阅 speak out one's own opinions; record (for future reference)
The mayor went on record as opposing a tax raise. 市长公开表示反对增税。
Everything that is said between them will go on record. 他们的谈话都要记录下来。
- 公开表明观点; 被记录在案以备日后查阅 speak out one's own opinions; record (for future reference)
- have a good track record
功绩卓著; 使可以信赖 have a lot of achievements ; have an experience that is to one's credit
He has a good track record as a scientist and has made a number of discoveries. 他作为科学家功绩卓著,因为他有许多重大的发现。
This applicant for the job has the best track record and I recommend that we employ her. 这位求职者可以信赖,我建议我们雇用她。
- 功绩卓著; 使可以信赖 have a lot of achievements ; have an experience that is to one's credit
- off the record
〈口〉不得发表的,不可正式记录的 not for publication or not to be noted
The President told the reporters his remarks were strictly off the record. 总统告诉记者们,他的谈话不得公开发表。
He told us off the record that the firm was doing badly this year. 他私下对我们说,今年公司不景气。
I was present when the question was discussed, and I can tell you, off the record, that the committee was by no means unanimous. 讨论这个问题时我在场,我可以私下对你们说,委员会的意见根本不一致。
- 〈口〉不得发表的,不可正式记录的 not for publication or not to be noted
- on record
记载,记录在案的,公开发表的 recorded; publicly known
All the important events are on record. 重大事件都有记载。
We don't know when the famous writer was born, but the date of his death is on record. 我们不知道这位著名作家是什么时候出生的,但他逝世的日子是有记录的。
The police kept his name on record. 警方将他的名字记录在案。
- 记载,记录在案的,公开发表的 recorded; publicly known
- put on record
公开表明观点; 被记录在案以备日后查阅 speak out one's own opinions; record (for future reference) put sth on record
The two candidates went on television to put their ideas on record.两位候选人在电视上公开发表意见。
I wish to be put on record as disagreeing with these decisions.我不赞同这些决定,并希望将此写进记录。
- 公开表明观点; 被记录在案以备日后查阅 speak out one's own opinions; record (for future reference) put sth on record
- put〔set〕 the record straight
纠正错误,澄清是非 remedy a mistake
He thought I was nearly forty, but I soon put the record straight. 他认为我已近40岁了,但我及时对此作了更正。
He wrote a book to set the record straight. 他写了一本书来澄清问题。
To set the record straight,I must say now that I never supported the idea. 我必须在此表明,我从未支持过那种意见。
- 纠正错误,澄清是非 remedy a mistake
- record a day's events 记录一天的重大事情
- record a television broadcast 拍摄电视广播
- record history 记载过去的事
- record one's thoughts and experience 记载想法与经历
- record sb's impressions 记下印象
- record the life of sb 记录某人的生活情况
- record the names 记录人名
- record the results 记下结果
- record the scene 拍摄风景
- record by concealed cameras 偷录下来
- record in history 载入史册
- record in one's notes 记在笔记本中
- record into wax 录进唱片中
- amend a record 刷新纪录
- approach sb's record 接近某人的纪录
- beat a record 打破纪录
- better a record 刷新纪录
- break a record 打破纪录
- close a record 封闭档案,终止一个纪录
- create a record 创造纪录
- cut a record 打破纪录,录制唱片
- destroy a record 打破纪录
- equal a record 平一项纪录
- establish a record 创立记录
- go on record 被记录下来,公开表明见解
- have a good record 有良好的履历
- hold record 保持纪录
- keep a record 保持纪录
- look up the records 查阅记录
- make a record 记录,制作唱片
- open up a record 创立记录,打开档案,开始设立档案
- play a record 放唱片
- set a record 创立记录
- tie a record 平一项纪录
- academic record 学业成绩
- clean record 清白的履历
- criminal record (罪犯的)前科
- detailed record 详细的记录
- distinguished record 杰出的成绩
- excellent record 优秀成绩记载
- fine record 优良的成绩
- good record 良好的履历
- historical record 历史记载
- honourable record 光荣的履历
- long-playing record 慢转(密纹)唱片
- medical records 病历
- national record 全国最高纪录
- new record 新纪录
- official record 正式的记录
- Olympic record 奥林匹克纪录
- original records 原始记录
- pictorial record 照片记录
- public record 公开的记录
- sketchy record 粗略的记录
- spotty record 有污点的履历
- the highest record 最高记录
- unbeaten record 不败的纪录
- unbroken record 未被打破的纪录
- altitude record 最高纪录
- attendance record 出席记录
- family record 家谱
- phonograph record 唱片
- police records 犯罪记录
- safety record 安全记录
- school records 学业成绩
- service record 服务成绩
- speed record 速度记录
- the earliest record 最早的记载
- world record 世界纪录
- record holder 纪录保持者
All the principals were on record with some statement protecting themselves against all possible developments.出自：H. Kissinger
Word for word..their conversation had been recorded..in the fluent writing.出自：E. Bowen
Winchester itself had been recorded in the..diary.出自：A. Hollinghurst
The author has most usefully provided recordings of the lessons.
She keeps all her old gramophone records in her box.
- 表示某人录制的唱片时，用spoken，如a record spoken by Mary。
- record可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词、that/wh-从句作宾语,可用于被动结构。用作不及物动词时,常与on, onto等连用。
- record还可接以“as v -ing”或“to have v -ed ”作补足语的复合宾语。
- record还可作“唱片”解,指用虫胶、塑料等制成的圆盘,表面有记录声音变化的螺旋槽,可以用电唱机把所录的声音重放出来。现在生活中很少见到,多见于博物馆中。例如:Put a record on the record player and let's have some music.把唱片放在电唱机上,咱们听听音乐吧。
- record, catalogue, enroll, list, register
这组词的意思相近,其区别是：record指作出旨在提供证据或供查阅细节的精确或正式的记录。catalogue指把项目分门别类地编入目录,并加上注释或说明; enroll指把取得某种资格或享有某种荣誉的人记入名册,也可指把物品列入清单; list指把数字、事项记入表格或把姓名记入名单; register指某一专门事件的事实记录或细节记录。例如:He enrolled with an employment agency for a teaching position.他在一家职业介绍所登记,谋求一个教师的职位。Let's just list these factors.让我们仅列举下列因素。This book has not yet been catalogued.这本书尚未列入目录中。Have you registered the birth of your baby?你给婴儿的出生登记了吗?
- record, register
这两个词都有“记录”的意思。其区别在于:1.record指对事件或情况的记载; register指正式的或官方的登记或注册。例如:Some records of ancient civilization were discovered recently.最近发现了一些古代文明的史料。By law we are required to keep a register of births and deaths.法律要求我们对出生和死亡进行登记。2.record还有“履历”的意思,而register则没有此义。例如:The commander had an outstanding record in leading the army against the enemy.指挥官率领军队抗敌,功勋卓著。
- record, recording
这两个词都可表示“录音”“唱片”, recording着重在“音”; record则着重在“片〔带〕”。例如:He keeps all his gramophone records in his bedroom.他把他的所有的唱片都放在自己的卧室里了。The author has most usefully provided recordings of the lessons.非常有用的是作者提供了各课的录音。
误 He made a world record in high jump.
正 He set a world record in high jump.
析 表示“创造纪录”一般说set a record,不说make a record; 表示“打破纪录”一般说break〔beat〕 a record; “保持纪录”一般说keep a record。
错句：only five or six records of them being seen in the country in february exist.
纠正：only five or six records of their being see in the country in february exist.
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的recorder，意为反复，背诵；最初源自拉丁语的recordari：re (恢复 ）+ cor (心）。
- record:record n. 履历, 档案, 诉状, 最高纪录, 报告, 唱片vt. 记录, 标明, 将...录音vi. 录音, 被录音adj. 创纪录的 英英解释:名词record:1. anything (…