- [C] 年 time taken by the earth to make one orbit round the sun
- [P] 与某事物有关的一年的期间 period of one year associated with sth such as education or finance
- [P] 年纪,年龄,年岁 age, time of life
- [C] 学年,年度 a period of a year in the life of an organization
a period of time containing 365 (or 366) days;
"she is 4 years old"
"in the year 1920"
a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity;
"a school year"
the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun;
"a Martian year takes 687 of our days"
a body of students who graduate together;
"the class of '97"
"she was in my year at Hoehandle High"
- Winter is the coldest season in a year.
- The thief was put into prison for one year.
- She was designated sportswoman of the year.
- She is sixteen years old but has a mental age of five.
- Mary will proceed to the degree of M.A. this year.
- A leap year has 366 days.
- The lease expires in the year 2010.
- He was born in the fighting year of 1938.
- The years flowed on.
- It cost him three years of toil to win.
- He got 25 years for robbery.
- She's worked there for ten years.
- I've worked for this firm for years.
- It's years since we last met.
- The country went through years of turmoil.
- It took her years to realize this.
- His father died years ago.
- Cars were invented more than one hundred years ago.
- It's just a year since I arrived here.
- I arrived a year ago.
- In a year's time they're getting married.
- It's been a good year for films.
- All these events took place in this same crowded year.
- How many years would you give him?
- He died in his sixtieth year.
- I have just completed my 18th year.
- Purple, though beautiful, adds years to the age.
- His eyes were blurred from years.
- My teacher is a seventy-year-old woman.
- The school year is broken up with many holidays.
- He took Greek in his first year at university.
- all (the) year round
一年到头 throughout the year
- put years on
觉得老些 make sb feel or appear older
- take years off
显得年轻 make sb feel or appear younger
- the year dot
很久以前 a very long time ago
- year after year
年复一年 continuously for many years
- year by year
一年一年地 progressively each year
- year in year out
年年,岁岁,年年如此 regularly each year, without ever changing
- add year 显老
- attain year 达到成年期
- enter a new year 进入新的一年
- feel one's year 觉得自己老了
- hail a new year 迎新年
- put on years 增长年岁
- reach the year 年龄够了
- show one's years 显得衰老
- advancing year 年事已高
- astronomical year 天文年
- bumper year 兴隆的一年
- calendar year 历年
- civil year 民用年
- closing year 最后一年
- coming year 来年
- common year 平年
- crowded year 多事的一年
- favourable year 顺利的一年
- fiscal year 财政年
- golden year 黄金年
- good year 好年头
- last year 最后一年
- memorable year 难忘的一年
- new year 新的一年
- beyond sb's year 超越某人的年龄
- index by year 年序索引
- by the year 2000 到2000年
- be paid by the year 按年度领薪水
- for years 好几年
- over the years 这些年来
- under five years 五岁以下
The Martian year is 687 earth days long.出自：Scientific American
- year of之后往往不搭用年份的数目,除非前面有定语。
误 It's year since they met each other.
正 It's years since they met each other.
析 要表示“很多年,很长时间”, year要用复数形式。一个天分很高的12岁女孩最近被这所大学录取了。
误 A highly talented twelve-years-old girl was recently admitted to this university.
正 A highly talented twelve-year-old girl was recently admitted to this university.
析 表示“岁数”用...year old,但如果这个短语用作前置定语,那么名词year要用单数形式,而且单词用连字符,构成一个合成形容词。这所学校是1932年创办的。
误 This school was founded in the year of 1932.
正 This school was founded in the year 1932.
误 My youngest sister is only five years.
正 My youngest sister is only five.
正 My youngest sister is only five years old.
正 My youngest sister is only five years of age.
误 How old are you this year?
正 How old are you?
析 汉语中常说“你今年多大年纪?”,但英语却不习惯用this year。这个省的粮食产量逐年增加。
误 The grain output in this province has increased year after year.
正 The grain output in this province has increased year by year.
析 year after year(年复一年)和year by year(逐年的)的区别在于:后者含有“比较”的意义。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的gear，意为年。
- session 会议
- period 一段时间
- space 空间
- term 学期
- spell 拼写
- span 时期
- stretch 伸展
- age 年龄
- lifetime 一生
- life span 寿命
- generation 代
- duration 持续时间
- agedness 老年
- senescence 衰老
- senectitude 晚年
- second childhood 老年的智力衰退时期(老年...
- senility 高龄
- decrepitude 衰老
- time 时间
- aeon 永世
- century 百年
- decade 十年
- year in and year out 一年一年地, 年复一年...
- regularly 有规律地
- continuously 不断地
- without a break 不间断地(不停顿地...
- unfailingly 无穷尽地
- unchangingly unchanging的副...
- everlastingly adv 永久地, 持久地...
- interminably 没完没了地
- endlessly 不断地
- YR [计] 年,[经] 年...
- twelvemonth 十二个月
- class 等级