- [C] 年 time taken by the earth to make one orbit round the sun
- [P] 与某事物有关的一年的期间 period of one year associated with sth such as education or finance
- [P] 年纪,年龄,年岁 age, time of life
- [C] 学年,年度 a period of a year in the life of an organization
- a period of time containing 365 (or 366) days;
"she is 4 years old"
"in the year 1920"
- a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity;
"a school year"
- the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun;
"a Martian year takes 687 of our days"
- a body of students who graduate together;
"the class of '97"
"she was in my year at Hoehandle High"
- Winter is the coldest season in a year.
- The thief was put into prison for one year.
- She was designated sportswoman of the year.
- She is sixteen years old but has a mental age of five.
- Mary will proceed to the degree of M.A. this year.
A leap year has 366 days.
The lease expires in the year 2010.
He was born in the fighting year of 1938.
The years flowed on.
It cost him three years of toil to win.
He got 25 years for robbery.
She's worked there for ten years.
I've worked for this firm for years.
It's years since we last met.
The country went through years of turmoil.
It took her years to realize this.
His father died years ago.
Cars were invented more than one hundred years ago.
It's just a year since I arrived here.
I arrived a year ago.
In a year's time they're getting married.
It's been a good year for films.
All these events took place in this same crowded year.
How many years would you give him?
He died in his sixtieth year.
I have just completed my 18th year.
Purple, though beautiful, adds years to the age.
His eyes were blurred from years.
My teacher is a seventy-year-old woman.
The school year is broken up with many holidays.
He took Greek in his first year at university.
- all (the) year round
一年到头 throughout the year
He swims in the sea all year round. 他一年到头都在海里游泳。
They grow crops all the year round. 他们一年到头种庄稼。
All the year round we get new members of staff coming in. 一年里不断有新职员来我们这儿就职。
The mountain was so high that the snow does not melt on it all the year round. 这山很高,上面的雪终年不融。
Then the child has private lessons all the year round. 然后,小孩子就好像是一年到头地由家庭教师授课。
The sun shines here all the year round. 这里一年到头都能照到太阳。
- 一年到头 throughout the year
- put years on
觉得老些 make sb feel or appear older
The shock put years on him. 这一场冲击使他变老了。
His work has put years on him. 他的工作使他变得老练。
All these recent worries have put years on me in a few weeks. 最近,所有这些令人伤脑筋的事几个星期就让我老了许多。
- 觉得老些 make sb feel or appear older
- take years off
显得年轻 make sb feel or appear younger
Giving up smoking has taken years off her. 她戒烟以后显得年轻了。
Moving to London may have taken five years off her. 搬到伦敦也许使她年轻了5岁。
The doctor is so pleased about Jim's loss of weight, and says it will take years off him. 吉姆体重减轻,医生非常高兴,并说这将使他显得年轻。
- 显得年轻 make sb feel or appear younger
- the year dot
很久以前 a very long time ago
I've been going there every summer since the year dot. 我从很久以前每年夏天都到那里去。
The book contained church records going back to the year dot. 这本书收录有追溯到很久以前的一些教会记录。
Fuel shortage isn't something that's going to happen in the year dot within the lifetime of the youngest of us. 能源不足并不是在遥远的未来才会发生的事,我们之中年纪最小的人这一生中就会碰到。
- 很久以前 a very long time ago
- year after year
年复一年 continuously for many years
Tens of thousands of men, year after year, have travelled southwards to find work. 每年有数万人到南方去找工作。
Winter fades into spring year after year. 冬去春来,年复一年。
Year after year I have had a letter from Arthur on New Year's Day. 每年新年之际我都收到阿瑟的来信。
- 年复一年 continuously for many years
- year by year
一年一年地 progressively each year
Year by year their affection for each other grew stronger. 他们的爱情逐年加深。
Year by year we grow a little older. 我们会逐年变老。
Year by year, century by century English has grown and changed. 英语已一年一年,一个世纪一个世纪地有所发展,有所变化。
Prices tended to rise year by year. 物价年年呈上涨趋势。
The university gets bigger year by year. 这所大学的规模一年比一年大。
One could see the neighbourhood deteriorate year by year. 任何人都可以看到邻近地区变得一年不如一年了。
The boy grows taller year by year. 这男孩一年一年地长高了。
- 一年一年地 progressively each year
- year in year out
年年,岁岁,年年如此 regularly each year, without ever changing
They go to the same campsite year in year out. 他们年年都去同一个营地野营。
And ever since I grew up I've weighed ten and half to eleven stone year in year out. 而从我长大成人以来,我的体重年年都在147到154磅之间。
- 年年,岁岁,年年如此 regularly each year, without ever changing
- add year 显老
- attain year 达到成年期
- enter a new year 进入新的一年
- feel one's year 觉得自己老了
- hail a new year 迎新年
- put on years 增长年岁
- reach the year 年龄够了
- show one's years 显得衰老
- advancing year 年事已高
- astronomical year 天文年
- bumper year 兴隆的一年
- calendar year 历年
- civil year 民用年
- closing year 最后一年
- coming year 来年
- common year 平年
- crowded year 多事的一年
- favourable year 顺利的一年
- fiscal year 财政年
- golden year 黄金年
- good year 好年头
- last year 最后一年
- memorable year 难忘的一年
- new year 新的一年
- beyond sb's year 超越某人的年龄
- index by year 年序索引
- by the year 2000 到2000年
- be paid by the year 按年度领薪水
- for years 好几年
- over the years 这些年来
- under five years 五岁以下
The Martian year is 687 earth days long.出自：Scientific American
- year of之后往往不搭用年份的数目,除非前面有定语。
误 It's year since they met each other.
正 It's years since they met each other.
析 要表示“很多年,很长时间”, year要用复数形式。
误 A highly talented twelve-years-old girl was recently admitted to this university.
正 A highly talented twelve-year-old girl was recently admitted to this university.
析 表示“岁数”用...year old,但如果这个短语用作前置定语,那么名词year要用单数形式,而且单词用连字符,构成一个合成形容词。
误 This school was founded in the year of 1932.
正 This school was founded in the year 1932.
误 My youngest sister is only five years.
正 My youngest sister is only five.
正 My youngest sister is only five years old.
正 My youngest sister is only five years of age.
误 How old are you this year?
正 How old are you?
析 汉语中常说“你今年多大年纪?”,但英语却不习惯用this year。
误 The grain output in this province has increased year after year.
正 The grain output in this province has increased year by year.
析 year after year(年复一年)和year by year(逐年的)的区别在于:后者含有“比较”的意义。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的eagr，意为年。
- life span寿命
- second childhood老年的智力衰退时期(老年...
- year in and year out一年一年地, 年复一年...
- without a break不间断地(不停顿地...
- everlastinglyadv 永久地, 持久地...
- year:year n. 年, 年龄, 年岁Google提供的广告习惯用语a year and a day 【律】满一年(某些事务所规定的法定期间, 其目的在确定该段时间能满一整年.)advanced in y…