- [C]开幕; 开张; 开端 the act of becoming or making open, especially officially
- [C]洞,缺口 a hole or clear space
- [C]空缺,缺额 an unfilled job position
- [A]首次的,开始的 first; beginning
- an open or empty space in or between things;
"there was a small opening between the trees"
"the explosion made a gap in the wall"
- a ceremony accompanying the start of some enterprise
- becoming open or being made open;
"the opening of his arms was the sign I was waiting for"
- the first performance (as of a theatrical production);
"the opening received good critical reviews"
- the act of opening something;
"the ray of light revealed his cautious opening of the door"
- opportunity especially for employment or promotion;
"there is an opening in the sales department"
- the initial part of the introduction;
"the opening established the basic theme"
- a possible alternative;
"bankruptcy is always a possibility"
- an aperture or hole that opens into a bodily cavity;
"the orifice into the aorta from the lower left chamber of the heart"
- a vacant or unobstructed space that is man-made;
"they left a small opening for the cat at the bottom of the door"
- an entrance equipped with a hatch; especially a passageway between decks of a ship
- a recognized sequence of moves at the beginning of a game of chess;
"he memorized all the important chess openings"
- the first of a series of actions
- first or beginning;
"the memorable opening bars of Beethoven's Fifth"
"the play's opening scene"
- He scraped through the narrow opening.
- He put a gate across the opening in the fence.
- The book's opening is dull, but the last chapters are interesting.
- Receptiveness was regarded as the time between flower opening and closure.
- The opening of the exhibition has been postponed.
- There's an opening for a plumber.
- I'm trying to apply for an opening in an advertising firm.
- His opening remarks are applauded by the audience.
Many attended the opening of the new shopping mall.
The book's opening is dull, but the last chapters are interesting.
There was an opening in the wall.
There are no openings for secretaries at the bank at present.
Many guests were invited to opening ceremony.
Who made the opening speech?
- grand opening 盛大的开幕
- job opening 工作〔就业〕机会
- opening at… 地方有空缺
- opening for… 职位的空缺
- opening in the hedge 树篱上的孔
- opening of a supermarket 超级市场的开张
- opening of the college year 学年开始时
Where there occurred an opening among the trees you could..see the sky.出自：J. K. Jerome
Cally hauled herself out through the opening.出自：S. Cooper
Any rehearsal greeting or opening speech, he forgot.出自：J. Wain