- n. 屏幕；银幕；隔板；屏风；掩蔽物；纱窗；纱门；筛子
- v. 掩蔽；包庇；放映；筛；检查
- [C] 屏风,帘; 纱窗; 纱门 covered frame used to protect or hide sb/sth
- [C] 掩护物 anything that conceals sb/sth or gives protection
- [C] 屏幕 the front glass surface of an electrical instrument
- [C] 银幕; 荧光屏 a surface on which a cinema film is shown
- vt. 遮蔽,掩护 shelter or protect from light, wind, harm, punishment, etc.
- vt. 放映(电影),播放(电视节目) show or broadcast (a film or television show)
- vt. 审查,甄选 examine or test sb/sth to find out if there is any disease, defect, etc.
- vt. 袒护,包庇 protect sb (from blame, punishment, etc.)
a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight;
"they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube
a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something;
"a screen of trees afforded privacy"
"under cover of darkness"
"the brush provided a covert for game"
"the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background"
a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame;
"they put screens in the windows for protection against insects"
"a metal screen protected the observers"
the personnel of the film industry;
"a star of stage and screen"
a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
a door that consists of a frame holding metallic or plastic netting; used to allow ventilation and to keep insects from entering a building through the open door;
"he heard the screen slam as she left"
partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space
test or examine for the presence of disease or infection;
"screen the blood for the HIV virus"
"screen the suitcases"
examine in order to test suitability;
"screen these samples"
"screen the job applicants"
project onto a screen for viewing;
"screen a film"
prevent from entering;
"block out the strong sunlight"
separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
- The advertisement is full of the TV screen today.
- Buzz suddenly appeared on my computer screen.
- Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- Someday I will be a star on the big screen.
- His first play has been translated to the screen.
- They put a screen around his bed so that the doctor could examine him.
- There is a beautiful antique screen in their living room.
- The mound can be used as our screen.
- He looked through the screen and saw that Bill and Ted were in the back seat.
- The purpose of a screen door is to keep flies out.
- The screen cannot shut out the sunshine.
- The curtains screen out the sunlight.
- The camera lens must be screened from direct sunlight.
- I am not willing to screen you from blame .
- You can't screen your children from the real life forever.
- This novel does not screen well.
- They will screen a new movie at 9 a.m.
- The series is currently being screened on BBC2 on Fridays.
- We must screen the sand grains out of the silver sand.
- It is now possible to screen babies for diabetes.
- You can use an answerphone to screen your phone calls before you answer them.
- The picture on this screen is a good artistic work.
- His job was a screen for her spying activities.
- They hid behind the screen of bushes.
- You can see him on the T.V. screen quite often.
- She first appeared on the screen ten years ago.
- Close the screen or the flies will get into the house.
- A floppy hat screened her face.
- The trees screen our house off view.
- He admitted the crime in order to screen his wife.
- The film has been screened in the cinema.
- Unsuitable candidates were screened out.
- screen against〔from〕 (v.+prep.)
保护(某人)使之免于遭受…protect sb from (blame, punishment, etc.)I can't screen you under that situation.在那种情况下,我无法袒护你。
- put up a screen 竖起屏幕,安放屏风
- bedside screen 床边屏风
- dust screen 防尘网
- lamp screen 灯罩
- radar screen 雷达屏
- smoke screen 烟幕
- television screen 电视屏幕
- window screen 纱窗
- oil screen 滤油网
- screen door 纱门
Screens round a bed by the door.出自： D. M. Thomas
Great exertions were made to screen him from justice.出自： W. Irving
Under a..Japanese sunshade..visitors could be screened from the eyes of the curious.出自： J. Galsworthy
The drive curved and tall moulded hedges..screened it from the street.出自： R. Chandler
The silk walls had been screened by a..fence of carved jade flowers.出自： R. Ingalls
- screen, bury, cache, hide
- hide可指故意藏匿,也可指偶然或无意地隐藏; bury指埋藏或浸没在某物中,暗示被完全掩盖; cache指藏在极其秘密和安全的地方,以防被盗; screen指用遮蔽或隔开的方法来藏匿某物或庇护某人。例如:
- Where did you hide it?你把它藏到哪儿了?
- The dog has buried a bone.狗藏了一根骨头。
- The thieves cached the stolen money.小偷把偷来的钱藏了起来。
- He admitted the crime in order to screen his wife, who was the real criminal.他为了庇护太太而认罪,她才是真正的罪犯。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的escran，意为防火墙；最初源自中古荷兰语的scherm，意为屏障。
- shade 阴影
- inspect 检查
- separate 分开的
- canopy 天篷
- cover 封面
- shelter 避难所
- veil 面纱
- cloak 斗蓬
- hide 藏
- sort 种类
- filter 过滤器
- safeguard 保卫者
- protect 保护
- refine 精炼
- strain 拉紧
- check 检查
- sift 筛下
- test 考验
- analyze 分析
- conceal 隐藏
- partition 划分
- divider 除法器
- panel 嵌板
- awning 雨篷
- display 显示
- VDT Video Displa...
- monitor 监视
- broadcast 广播
- put on 穿上
- shield 盾
- vet 兽医
- select 选择
- shroud 寿衣
- defense 防卫
- cloud 云
- blanket 毛毯
- mesh 网孔
- curtain 窗帘
- harbor 海港
- ensure 担保
- covering 覆盖物
- eclipse 日或月食
- security 安全
- wall 墙壁
- protection 保护
- shepherd 牧羊者
- preserve 保护
- project 计划
- sieve 筛子
- silver screen 银幕
- riddle 谜
- concealment 隐匿
- projection screen 银幕
- screenland 电影界
- covert 隐蔽的
- screen out 筛选出
- filmdom 电影界
- screen door 纱门
- blind 盲目的
- CRT screen 阴极射线管屏幕...
- block out 封闭