- n. 安全；保证；证券；债券；抵押；防护措施
- [U] 安全 freedom or protection from danger or worry
- [C] [U] 抵押品 pledge
- [P] 有价证券 documents or certificates showing who owns stock, bonds, shares, etc.
the state of being free from danger or injury;
"we support the armed services in the name of national security"
defense against financial failure; financial independence;
"his pension gave him security in his old age"
"insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
freedom from anxiety or fear;
"the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends;
"he held several valuable securities"
property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation;
"bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers;
"the head of security was a former policeman"
a guarantee that an obligation will be met
an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.;
"military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
- I'll undertake for your security.
- The visitors were secarched for security reasons.
- Our own actions are our security.
- He traded in securities and became rich.
- The value of a derivative is based on another security.
- He has given his house as security for the loan.
- A life insurance policy may serve as security for a loan.
- We need greater security in car parks.
- They lulled her into a false sense of security.
- He gave the house as a security.
- When Mr. Green mentioned government securities, they came alive.
- Security Council 联合国安全理事会...
- security blanket 安全毯
- security clearance (对参加秘密工作人员...
- security guard 安全警卫
- security risk 危险人物
- securities loan 融券
- open prison 不设防监狱
- closed-end securities investment fund 封闭式证券投资基金...
- aviation security 航空安全
- high-security 相当安全的
- open-end securities investment fund 开放式证券投资基金...
- Chief Security Officer 首席安全官
- Chief Information security Officer 首席资讯安全官...
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act 人员退休收入保障法案...
- advance money on security 垫付保证金
- security light 安全灯
- security equipment 保密设备
- in security 安全地
- for security 为了确保安全...
- as security 作为低押品
The emperor and his court enjoyed..the security of the..fortifications.出自： Gibbon
Before birth the child lay in complete security.出自： H. T. Lane
- security, safety
- safety有“事到临头,消极逃避以免受害”的意味; 而security则有“积极防范以保证不受害”的意味。例如:
- The Smiths are living in peace and security.史密斯一家过着平静安稳的生活。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的securitas，意为安全的状态。