- [U] 安全 freedom or protection from danger or worry
- [C] [U] 抵押品 pledge
- [P] 有价证券 documents or certificates showing who owns stock, bonds, shares, etc.
- the state of being free from danger or injury;
"we support the armed services in the name of national security"
- defense against financial failure; financial independence;
"his pension gave him security in his old age"
"insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
- freedom from anxiety or fear;
"the watch dog gave her a feeling of security"
- a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends;
"he held several valuable securities"
- property that your creditor can claim in case you default on your obligation;
"bankers are reluctant to lend without good security"
- a department responsible for the security of the institution's property and workers;
"the head of security was a former policeman"
- a guarantee that an obligation will be met
- an electrical device that sets off an alarm when someone tries to break in
- measures taken as a precaution against theft or espionage or sabotage etc.;
"military security has been stepped up since the recent uprising"
- I'll undertake for your security.
- The visitors were secarched for security reasons.
- Our own actions are our security.
- He traded in securities and became rich.
- The value of a derivative is based on another security.
- He has given his house as security for the loan.
- A life insurance policy may serve as security for a loan.
- We need greater security in car parks.
They lulled her into a false sense of security.
He gave the house as a security.
When Mr. Green mentioned government securities, they came alive.
- Security Council联合国安全理事会...
- security blanket安全毯
- security clearance(对参加秘密工作人员...
- security guard安全警卫
- security risk危险人物
- securities loan融券
- open prison不设防监狱
- closed-end securities investment fund封闭式证券投资基金...
- aviation security航空安全
- open-end securities investment fund开放式证券投资基金...
- Chief Security Officer首席安全官
- Chief Information security Officer首席资讯安全官...
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act人员退休收入保障法案...
- advance money on security垫付保证金
- security light安全灯
- security equipment保密设备
- in security安全地
- for security为了确保安全...
- as security作为低押品
The emperor and his court enjoyed..the security of the..fortifications.出自：Gibbon
Before birth the child lay in complete security.出自：H. T. Lane
- security, safety
这两个词的共同意思是“安全”。其区别是：safety有“事到临头,消极逃避以免受害”的意味; 而security则有“积极防范以保证不受害”的意味。例如:The Smiths are living in peace and security.史密斯一家过着平静安稳的生活。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的securitas，意为安的全状态。
- security:术语简介 Security：网络安全技术及其协议（Network Security Technologies and Protocols：AAA，VPN and Firewall） 网络安全包括…