- [C][U]云 visible water vapour floating in the sky
- [C]团,群 mass of smoke, dust, sand, etc. in the air; mass of insects moving together in the sky
- [C]造成不愉快或不明朗的事物 thing that causes unhappiness, uncertainty, etc.
- vt. & vi. (使)某物变得阴沉暗淡,不清楚 (cause sth to) become dull, unclear or indistinct
- vt. & vi. (使)某人的脸显得阴沉或忧伤 (of sb's face) show sadness or worry
- any collection of particles (e.g., smoke or dust) or gases that is visible
- a visible mass of water or ice particles suspended at a considerable altitude
- out of touch with reality;
"his head was in the clouds"
- a cause of worry or gloom or trouble;
"the only cloud on the horizon was the possibility of dissent by the French"
- suspicion affecting your reputation;
"after that mistake he was under a cloud"
- a group of many things in the air or on the ground;
"a swarm of insects obscured the light"
"clouds of blossoms"
"it discharged a cloud of spores"
- make overcast or cloudy;
"Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
- make less visible or unclear;
"The stars are obscured by the clouds"
"the big elm tree obscures our view of the valley"
- billow up in the form of a cloud;
"The smoke clouded above the houses"
- make gloomy or depressed;
"Their faces were clouded with sadness"
- place under suspicion or cast doubt upon;
"sully someone's reputation"
- make less clear;
"the stroke clouded memories of her youth"
- colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- make milky or dull;
"The chemical clouded the liquid to which it was added"
- A cloud is a mass of vapor in the sky.
- When there are black clouds you can tell it's going to rain.
- His sudden departure cast a cloud upon our scheme.
- The sad news of her father's death was the only cloud on an otherwise happy year.
Not a single cloud is to be seen.
Gleams of sunshine came through the breaks of the cloud.
The top of the mountain was covered in cloud.
I wandered like a lonely cloud.
The sky came over dark as a thick cloud passed before the sun.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
The clouds are gathering for a storm.
The clouds soon cleared away and it became quite warm.
White clouds floated in the sky.
There are so many clouds today.
Ugly clouds gathered on the horizon.
Masses of dark clouds melted away.
The heavy clouds have made this a gloomy day.
The skyscraper pierces the clouds.
Look at those clouds. They are purple.
The sky is covered with dark clouds.
It is ragged clouds driven by the wind.
That evening was dark with clouds.
These high summits are seldom free from clouds.
The mosquitoes were coming in clouds.
He made his way to the exit in a cloud of security men.
The darkest cloud has been lifted from the future.
When they married, there were no clouds on their happiness.
A cloud of suspicion is hanging over him.
Her eyes clouded with tears.
Her brows clouded with worry.
His face clouded at the mention of Grandpa's name.
That's a separate argument and it will only cloud the issue.
Her breath clouded the mirror.
The thick mist clouded the mountains.
All these troubles have clouded his mind.
You'll cloud the beer if you shake the barrel.
I hope this disagreement won't cloud our friendship.
The sky is darkly clouded.
His judgment was clouded by selfishness.
- cast a cloud on〔over〕
在…上投下一层阴影 make sth not very happy
I am sorry to cast a cloud on the party, but I am afraid there's been some bad news. 很抱歉给聚会抹上了一层阴影,可是恐怕有些坏消息要告诉大家。
His miserable manner cast a cloud over the whole proceedings. 他痛苦的样子给整个活动投下了阴影。
His arrival cast a cloud over the meeting. 他的到场给这次会议投下了阴云。
- 在…上投下一层阴影 make sth not very happy
- in the clouds
在高空中 in the sky
We can see a plane flying in the clouds. 我们能看到在高空中飞的飞机。
想入非非,爱幻想 just like to consider, but dislike to do
All the way home I was in the clouds. 在回家的路上我一直都在想入非非。
He is always in the clouds. 他总爱幻想。
A good artist should have his head in the clouds sometimes, but his feet always on the ground. 一位好的艺术家有时应富于幻想,但始终要脚踏实地。
- 在高空中 in the sky
- on cloud nine
极快乐 extremely happy
He was on cloud nine after winning the competition. 他在比赛胜利后欣喜若狂。
She has been on cloud nine since the magazine printed the story she wrote. 自从那份杂志发表了一篇她写的故事后,她高兴得不得了。
- 极快乐 extremely happy
- under a cloud
受到怀疑 being doubted
She was always under a cloud at the office. 她在办公室里经常受到怀疑。
Joyce has been under a cloud since her roommate's bracelet disappeared. 自从室友的手镯不见以后,乔伊斯一直受到怀疑。
The butcher is under a cloud because the inspectors found that his scales were not honest. 这个卖肉商丧失了信誉,因为检查人员发现他的秤缺斤短两。
Your reputation was under a cloud. 你的名誉受到了怀疑。
- 受到怀疑 being doubted
- under cloud of night
趁黑夜 when it is dark
They broke into our house under cloud of night. 他们趁黑闯进了我们的房子。
He tried to escape under cloud of night. 他想趁黑逃跑。
- 趁黑夜 when it is dark
- cloud over (v.+adv.)
布满乌云 be covered with dark cloud
The sky clouded over before the storm. 暴风雨来临前,天空阴云密布。
Just as we were beginning to enjoy the sunshine, the sky clouded over and a cold wind began to blow. 正当我们准备欣赏一下阳光时,天空突然乌云密布,刮起了冷风。
脸色变得阴沉 cause sb's face to show sadness
When he heard the news of his friend's accident, his face clouded over. 他听到朋友发生事故后,脸色变得阴沉下来。
Mary's face clouded over when she heard the bad news about her mother's operation. 当玛丽听到有关她母亲动手术的坏消息时,她的脸色变得阴郁起来。
- 布满乌云 be covered with dark cloud
- cloud up (v.+adv.)
(使)模糊,变得模糊 cause sth not clear cloud up
My glasses have clouded up after I entered the room.我进屋后眼镜变得模糊了。
The windows have clouded up in the steam.窗户在水汽中变得模糊不清了。cloud sth ⇔ up
The steam has clouded the windows up.蒸汽使窗户变得模糊不清。
- (使)模糊,变得模糊 cause sth not clear cloud up
- cloud beer 使啤酒变浑浊
- cloud friendship 影响友谊
- cloud issue 把问题搞得模糊不清
- cloud memory 记忆模糊
- cloud mind 使思绪不清
- cloud mirror 使镜子模糊不清
- cloud mountain 遮住山
- cloud sky 天空布满乌云
- cloud with 因…而模糊
She is advanc'd Above the clouds, as high as heaven itself.出自：Romeo Juliet,Shakespeare
Big rain clouds raced across the moon.出自：L. Deighton
La Condesa rose lightly as a cloud.出自：K. A. Porter
Cloud may reduce light intensity to as little as five per cent of that of the full sun.出自：Anthony Huxley
- cloud可用many, masses of, a shred of, a fluff of等修饰,但不可用much来修饰。
- cloud在表示“一群”时,常用于in clouds或in a cloud短语中。
- cloud用作动词时的意思是“变得阴沉暗淡,不清楚”,指由于受某物的影响或阻隔而显得模糊不清; cloud还可指由于某些不愉快的事情或消息而脸色变得难看,“显得阴沉或忧伤”。cloud引申还可指“毁坏,影响”。
- in the cloud 在云中
- in the clouds 在高空中; 想入非非,幻想
- There is no cloud in the sky.
- There is not a cloud in the sky.
误 Can you see the plane flying in clouds?
正 Can you see the plane flying in the clouds?
析 in the clouds可表示“在高空中飞”, the不可以省略。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的culd，意为岩石，小山。
- rain cloud雨云
- befog 用雾笼罩
- disorient 使 ... 失去方向感...
- bedim 使 ... 模糊
- humiliate使 ... 蒙羞
- mortify 使 ... 受辱
- ill fortune厄运
- stigmatize 污蔑
- CLOUD:Communities and Libraries Online Union Database社区和图书馆网络联盟的数据库
- cloud:简介Cloud Strife： 中文名字：克劳德 クラウドストライフ Cloud和Strift都是英语单词。 Cloud的名字暗示着他神秘，不清楚的过去以及他那不可预知的将来：他的记忆是乌云密布（Cl…