- 失明的,瞎眼的 unable or without the power to see, unable or failing to see
- 视而不见的,盲目的 unable or unwilling to recognize or understand sth bad; without thought, judgment, or reason
- vt. 使看不见,使瞎 make unable to see
- vt. 使失去判断力或理解力 take away power of judgement or understanding
- [P]窗帘,百叶窗 roll of cloth or woolen strings that you can pull down to cover a window
- people who have severe visual impairments, considered as a group;
"he spent hours reading to the blind"
- a hiding place sometimes used by hunters (especially duck hunters);
"he waited impatiently in the blind"
- a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight;
"they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
- something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity;
"he wasn't sick--it was just a subterfuge"
"the holding company was just a blind"
- unable to see;
"a person is blind to the extent that he must devise alternative techniques to do efficiently those things he would do with sight if he had normal vision"
- unable or unwilling to perceive or understand;
"blind to a lover's faults"
"blind to the consequences of their actions"
- not based on reason or evidence;
- render unable to see
- make blind by putting the eyes out;
"The criminals were punished and blinded"
- make dim by comparison or conceal
- Love is blind and sometimes deaf.
- She wants it so much that she became so stupid and blind.
- There's none so blind as those who won't see.
- She was blind to the silent worship in his eyes.
- The soldier was blinded in battle.
- Staring at an eclipse can blind you.
- Your pride cannot blind God!
- By this time Felice's tears began to blind her.
- Falling in love can blind us to an extent.
- Most parents have a blind spot for their children.
- Many elderly people give their money to crooks in blind faith.
- Something,such as a window shade or a Venetian blind,that hinders vision or shuts out light.
- The extract takes room air through the light shelf and lower window venetian blind cavity via the clerestory glazing plenum.
A blind man can't judge colours.
He's a blind man.
Tom helped the blind man across the road.
There were six blind men in a village in India.
A blind man will not thank you for a looking-glass.
The blind man can't see the traffic light.
Blind love mistakes a harelip for a dimple.
It's a blind lane.
It's a blind wall.
There is a blind curve on the highway.
There was a blind smile on her face.
There was a blind rage in him.
He killed the man in a blind fury.
We refused him on his blind side.
Blind worship of this idol must be ended.
Some people think that the world is governed by blind forces.
He has blind faith in what she says.
The majority of the people used to have blind faith in the wisdom of the leaders.
They were ready to follow in blind confidence whenever he might lead.
We were not going to take a holiday this year but we were passing the travel agents and on a blind impulse went in and booked a fortnight in Thailand for next month.
In his blind haste he almost ran into the river.
He did not take a blind bit of notice.
Even the blindest person must see that this elephant isn't like any of the things you named.
He is a man blind from birth.
Keller was blind, deaf and dumb.
The old man with the white stick was blind.
He is ninety-four years of age and he is blind, deaf, and bad-tempered.
He is stone-blind.
He is half blind.
He is color blind.
There's none so blind as Terry when it comes to praising the work of modern artists.
None are so blind as those who won't see.
She grew blind.
He has gone blind.
He went blind when he was young.
He was born blind.
He was struck blind.
Love is sometimes blind.
The horse is blind in the right eye.
He is half blind in the right eye.
The accident left him almost totally blind.
She wept her eyes blind.
She cried herself blind in her sorrow.
She read and worked herself blind.
The blind often know things by feeling them.
The blind are to be taken care of.
Among the blind the one-eyed man is king.
He runs an institution for the blind.
A collection for the blind will be made next Saturday.
Don't make fun of the blind.
He gives alms to the blind.
The explosion blinded him in the right eye.
The sulphuric acid went on her face and blinded her.
The glare from the sun and snow blinded him.
The glare of the sun almost blinded them.
The strong smoke blinded me from her view.
The fog blinds us.
Clouds blind the stars from my view.
The darkness blinds the path.
Money blinded him.
His resentment blinds his good sense.
He was blinded by the smoke from the burning leaves.
He was blinded by dust.
My eyes were momentarily blinded by flash bulbs.
I was blinded by the car headlights.
The crash was due to the driver's being blinded by a sudden violent rainstorm.
He was accidentally blinded in the left eye.
He was blinded of one eye.
The soldier was blinded of both eyes in the war.
He was blinded by the lust for gain.
He was blinded by prejudice.
She is blinded by love.
Her eyes were blinded with tears.
Our eyes are often blinded with passion.
We have rolling blinds,Venetian blinds and window-blinds in our house.
He pulled down the blinds.
Would you object to my drawing up the blinds?
The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
His fishing trips were a blind for smuggling operation.
His newspaper job was only a blind for his real business, which was receiving stolen goods.
When he hunts ducks, he hides behind a blind of twigs, grass, and leaves.
- a blind alley
死胡同,绝境 an alley with a wall at the end
I'm afraid you came into a blind alley. 我恐怕你走到死胡同里来了。
I'm afraid our present course of action may turn out to be a blind alley. 我担心我们目前这种干法可能是条死胡同。
They tried one idea after another, but they all seemed blind alleys. 他们试了一个个办法,但看起来都行不通。
- 死胡同,绝境 an alley with a wall at the end
- as blind as a bat
视觉有困难的 having difficulty in seeing
He is as blind as a bat. 他双眼全是瞎的。
Stepping from the bright sunlight into the darkness of that cellar,I was as blind as a bat until my eyes became used to it. 从明亮的阳光下走进黑暗的地窖中,我什么也看不见,直到眼睛适应了为止。
- 视觉有困难的 having difficulty in seeing
- be blind to
对…视而不见 unable or unwilling to understand or notice sb/sth
He was blind to the consequences. 他不知道后严果的重性。
He is blind to his own interests. 他不知道自己的利益。
He was blind to his wife. 他不了解自己的妻子。
I am not blind to it. 我并非不知道它。
They were not blind to the defects of Western society. 他们并非不了解西方社会的缺陷。
He is blind to his own weakness. 他看不到自己的缺点。
She is blind to his faults. 她对他的缺点视而不见。
He was very stubborn and was blind to his own defects. 他很固执,看不见自己本身的缺点。
Mothers are sometimes blind to the faults of their children. 母亲们有时看不到子女的缺点。
You are always blind to the strength of the people. 你总是看不到人民的力量。
If we are blind to this, we shall commit the gravest error imaginable. 如果我们看不到这一点,就会犯极大的错误。
The girls were completely blind to the consequences of their actions. 女孩子们对于自己的行为所产生的后果完全不注意。
We must not be blind to the suffering of others. 我们对他人的苦难绝不能熟视无睹。
They are blind to the facts. 他们无视事实。
He was blind to her needs. 他看不到她的需要。
He was blind to all arguments. 和他有理也讲不通。
- 对…视而不见 unable or unwilling to understand or notice sb/sth
- be blind with
被…弄得眼花,因…狂热unable to see clearly with sth
The woman in the country was blind with the big city. 这位农村妇女被大城市弄得眼花缭乱。
He was blind with rage. 他因发怒而失去了理智。
He is blind with fury. 他茫然地发怒。
His mind was blind with weeping. 他哭糊涂了。
- 被…弄得眼花,因…狂热unable to see clearly with sth
- blind drunk
〈俚〉烂醉如泥 very drunk
He had six pints of beer and was blind drunk by the time he went home. 他喝了6品脱啤酒,回家后醉得不省人事。
He'll be blind drunk by the time he gets home from Tom's wedding. 他参加汤姆的 婚礼回来将会喝得烂醉如泥。
- 〈俚〉烂醉如泥 very drunk
- swear blind
发誓 be adamant
She swore blind she wasn't at the show, and yet I saw her there. 她发誓说她没 有去看演出,但我却看到她在那儿。
- 发誓 be adamant
- the blind leading the blind
瞎子给瞎子引路,外行指导外行 the uninformed attempting to inform others
He said he knew the way and would lead us there, but he didn't; it was a case of the blind leading the blind. 他说他认识路并愿意带我们去那儿,但是他事实上并不认识路,完全是盲人教瞎子。
If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. 如果外行指导外行的话,那么两方肯定会掉到沟里边。
- 瞎子给瞎子引路,外行指导外行 the uninformed attempting to inform others
- turn a/one's blind eye to
假装看不见 pretend not to see
He turned a blind eye to her mistakes. 他对她的错误睁一只眼闭一只眼。
She turned a blind eye to the facts. 她闭眼不看事实。
He turned a blind eye to my achievements. 他对我的成绩视而不见。
You shouldn't really drink here, but I'm willing to turn my blind eye to it. 你 实在不该在这儿喝酒,不过我愿意装作没看见。
- 假装看不见 pretend not to see
- blind to( v.+prep. )
使无视,不理会 refuse to allow sb, especially oneself to know sth blind sb to sth
Greed for money blinded her to the danger.贪财使她看不见危险。
His optimism blinded him to many problems.他的乐观态度使他对许多问题视而不见。
His determination blinded him to all the difficulties.他的执拗使他看不到存在的困难。
His desires to do it blinded him to all the difficulties.他因渴望做那件事而看不到将会遇到的各种困难。
The desire to climb the mountain blinded Jim to all the difficulties.登山的强烈欲望使吉姆无视所有的困难。
His admiration for her beauty blinded him to her faults.他痴情于她的美貌,完全看不到她的缺点。
You can't blind yourself to the true facts: the position is hopeless.你不能无视活生生的事实,那个职位是毫无希望的。
We have to beware that missionary zeal doesn't blind us to the realities here.我们必须注意绝不能让宣传的狂热使我们对这里的现实视而不见。用于 be ～ed 结构
For the first three years of their marriage,Mary was blinded to Jim's faults.他们婚后的头三年,玛丽未能看出吉姆的缺点。
Mothers are sometimes blinded to the faults of their children.母亲们有时看不到子女的缺点。
He was blinded to his son's faults.他对儿子的错误视而不见。
They were not blinded to the defects of Western society.他们并非不了解西方社会的缺陷。
- 使无视,不理会 refuse to allow sb, especially oneself to know sth blind sb to sth
- blind advertises 不具名广告
- blind alley 死胡同
- blind angle 盲角
- blind area 无信号区
- blind axle 游轴,侧轴
- blind baggage 行李车中的行李
- blind bud 不开花的芽
- blind car 行李车
- blind choice 轻率的选择
- blind coal 无烟煤
- blind corner 死角
- blind competition 盲目竞争
- blind copy 不填数副本
- blind date 盲目约会
- blind ditch 暗沟
- blind door 堵死的门
- blind entry 失实记录
- blind eye 瞎眼
- blind faith 盲目的信仰
- blind flying 盲目飞行
- blind forces 盲目的作用力
- blind girl 双目失明的女孩
- blind god 恋爱之神
- blind guess 瞎猜
- blind hole 不通孔
- blind home 盲人收容所
- blind house 盲人院
- blind joint 无间隙接头
- blind landing 盲目着陆
- blind man 盲人
- blind nail 暗钉
- blind navigation 仪表导航
- blind question 莫名其妙的问题
- blind school 盲人学校
- blind shell 死弹,失效弹
- blind side 弱点,死角
- blind spot 盲点
- blind street 死胡同
- blind tiger 非法卖酒处
- blind tillage 出苗前的耕作
- blind wall 无窗墙
- blind window 假窗,百叶窗
- blind writings 难以理解的作品
- blind zone 盲区
- completely blind 双目失明的
- half blind 半瞎
- legally blind 法盲
- nearly blind 几乎全瞎
- totally blind 全盲的,双目失明
- utterly blind 全盲的,双目失明的
- blind in an eye 一目失明
- blind in the right eye 右眼失明
- blind of one eye 一只眼瞎了
- blind to 对于…一无所知
- blind to danger 看不到危险性
- blind to fine arts 对美术缺乏鉴赏力
- blind to one's own defects 看不见自己的缺点
- blind to one's own faults 无视自己的缺点
- blind to one's own shortcoming 看不到自己的缺点
- blind to the consequences of one's actions 无视自己行动的后果
- blind to the world 烂醉
- blind with 被…弄得眼睛花
- blind with anger 气昏了
- blind with devotion 被盲目的虔诚所迷惑
- blind with fury 气得双目失明
- blind with love 被爱情迷惑了
- blind with rage 因发怒而失去理智
- blind with tears 泪水遮眼
- blind with weeping 哭糊涂了
- blind by the lust for gain 利令智昏
- blind by the smoke 因冒烟而看不见
- blind in the war 在战争中双目失明
- blind of one eye 意外弄瞎了一只眼睛
- blind to one's faults 对某人的错误视而不见
- blind to the fact 使人看不到事实
- blind to the realities 看不清现实情况
- blind with the lust for gain 利令智昏
- blind with passion 因愤怒而辨不清是非
- adjust the blind 调整窗帘
- draw down the blind 放下百叶窗
- draw up the blind 卷起窗帘
- let down the blind 拉下百叶窗
- lower the blind 放下窗帘
- pull the blind 拉起百叶窗
- pull down the blind 拉下窗帘
- raise the blind 卷起窗帘
- wood blind 木制百叶窗
If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.出自：Bible (AV): Matthew
The little blind bed-chamber.出自：S. Pepys
How jealousy blinds people!出自：R. B. Sheridan
The glamour of their resounding titles blinded him to their faults.出自：W. S. Maugham
- blind一般指双目失明,“一只眼瞎了”应说blind in〔of〕 one eye。“左〔右〕眼瞎了”应说blind in the left〔right〕 eye。
- “盲人”是blind man,不是blindman,作“捉迷藏”解时却是blindman's buff,因为在 “捉迷藏”的游戏中,捉人的儿童并非盲童。
- blind的基本意思是“使看不见或看不清”,可指使其视觉器官失明; 也可指通过设置障碍等方法使其“看不见”。引申可指缺乏识别实际存在的事物所必需的思想或理解力、洞察力或判断力。
- blind of, blind to
这两个短语的意思是不相同的。blind of的意思是“…盲”“…瞎”。而blind to的意思是“不知”“对…是盲目的”。
- blind, blinded
这两个词都可以用作表语, blind是形容词,而blinded是动词blind的过去分词。其区别是：原因明确时用blinded; 原因不明确时用blind。例如:He was blinded by dust.他因灰尘而看不清东西。He became blind.他瞎了。
误 The blind needs our help.
正 The blind need our help.
误 The poet is a blind.
正 The poet is blind.
误 He is blind in an eye.
正 He is blind in one eye.
正 He is blind of an eye.
正 He is blind of one eye.
析 表示一只眼睛失明时可以用be blind in one eye 或 be blind of an eye。用in 时,其后一般接one eye; 用of时,其后可接one eye,也可接an eye。
误 He is blind of the left eye.
正 He is blind in the left eye.
误 Her left eye became blind when she was a girl.
正 She became〔went〕 blind when she was a girl.
误 He is blind of his own defects.
正 He is blind to his own defects.
析 在be blind, turn a blind eye 等之后都接to,表示“对…视而不见”。
- The blind is my uncle.
析 the blind在一定上下文中也可指单个人,这时谓语动词是单数形式,此处的blind是名词。而在表示“一类人”的the blind中blind是形容词。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bnild，意为暗的，智力低下的。
- blind:blind adj. 瞎的, 盲目的vt. 使失明, 缺乏眼光或判断力习惯用语Among the blind the one-eyed man is king. [谚]盲人国里, 独眼称王; 山中无虎…