- n. 划分；隔离物
- vt. 区分；隔开；分割
- vt. 分割,划分,分裂 divided into parts
a vertical structure that divides or separates (as a wall divides one room from another)
(computer science) the part of a hard disk that is dedicated to a particular operating system or application and accessed as a single unit
(anatomy) a structure that separates areas in an organism
the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
divide into parts, pieces, or sections;
"The Arab peninsula was partitioned by the British"
separate or apportion into sections;
"partition a room off"
- The key to resolve the problem is elaborate partition for time and manpower.
- I could hear what he was saying on the phone through the partition.
- Our office is comparted by a partition board.
- There is a plywood partition between the two rooms.
- The workers partition a room into three parts.
- He partition off part of the room as a study.
- We've partitioned off one end of the kitchen to make a breakfast room.
- The rich small country was partitioned by the imperialist powers before World War Ⅰ.
- Some countries, partitioned at the end of World War II remain to be reunified.
- partition into (v.+prep.)
把…分成 divide into sth
partition into sth
The area was partitioned into two countries.
- partition off (v.+adv.)
分隔开 make (especially a part of a room) separate by means of a partition
partition sth ⇔ off
Several offices have been partitioned off from the original large room.
A small bathroom has been partitioned off from the original kitchen.
These two lots of cargo should be partitioned off from each other.
- partition off 分隔开,分隔出来
The Germans and Russians have consecrated their Unholy Alliance by a formal partition of Poland.出自： J. Colville
- separation 分离
- division 划分
- divide 划分
- split 分裂
- panel 嵌板
- separate 分开的
- divider 除法器
- wall 墙壁
- wall off 用墙隔开
- fence off 隔开(挡住)
- segregate 分离
- divide up 瓜分
- divvy up 分掉, 分摊
- break up 结束，散会
- subdivide 细分
- dividing wall 间壁,分隔墙,隔离壁...
- screen 屏幕
- sliding doors 滑动门
- rift 裂口
- breaking up 破裂
- detachment 冷漠
- compartment 间隔
- section 部分
- border 边界
- sectionalization 分节
- zone 地域
- partitioning 划分
- segmentation 分割
- partition off 隔开