- n. 假定；基本条件
- vt. 要求；假定
(logic) a proposition that is accepted as true in order to provide a basis for logical reasoning
maintain or assert;
"He contended that Communism had no future"
take as a given; assume as a postulate or axiom;
"He posited three basic laws of nature"
require as useful, just, or proper;
"It takes nerve to do what she did"
"success usually requires hard work"
"This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
"This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
"This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"
"This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
- A combinatin of sources of uranium may be the most realistic postulate.
- Authority is a postulate of the moral order and derives from God.
- If so we shall have a wave function that satisfies our new postulate .
- The school building programme postulates an increase in educational investment.
- He postulated that a cure for the disease will have been found by the year 2000.
- They postulate excessive increase in price.
The first postulate of this hypothesis is..the assumption of total coherence.出自： N. Frye
Therapy depends..on the postulate that the truth of a person's life can be uncovered in therapy.出自： J. Masson
The chapter was then allowed to postulate the bishop of Bath.出自： W. Stubbs
- assume 假定
- guess 推测
- hypothesize 假设
- suggest 建议
- claim 要求
- put forward 提出
- propose 打算
- advance 前进
- nominate 提名
- select 选择
- choose 选择
- solicit 恳求
- submit 使服从
- thesis 毕业论文
- speculation 推测
- proposition 提议
- shot 注射
- posit 假定
- require 要求
- need 需要
- take 拿
- involve 包含
- ask 询问
- necessitate 使 ... 成为必需...
- contend 竞争
- demand 要求
- call for 需要
- presume 假定
- suppose 假设