- vt. 恳求；征求；勾引
- vi. (妓女)拉客
- vt. 恳求，请求，乞求 ask for earnestly;make request(s) for
- vi. (指娼妇)拉客 (of a prostitute) speak to men in public places
make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently;
"Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"
"My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
make amorous advances towards;
"John is courting Mary"
approach with an offer of sexual favors;
"he was solicited by a prostitute"
"The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination;
"He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents"
make a solicitation or petition for something desired;
"She is too shy to solicit"
- We solicit your close cooperation with us in this matter.
- We should often solicit opinions from the masses .
- They were planning to solicit funds from a number of organizations.
- To solicit a judge means to offer him bribes.
- She was fined for soliciting.
- A prostitute was soliciting on the street.
- May I solicit your advice on a matter of some importance?
Henry had been soliciting the pope..in order to obtain a divorce.出自： W. Robertson
He had been solicited to accept indulgences.出自： Ld Macaulay
- solicitation n. 请求，恳求，征求