- 宁愿，喜欢，愿意，决定（要…） ，情愿
- vt. & vi. 挑选; 选择 pick out from a great number; show what or which one wants by taking
- vt. & vi. 选定,决定 decide
- vt. & vi. 喜欢; 宁愿 like; prefer
pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives;
"Take any one of these cards"
"Choose a good husband for your daughter"
"She selected a pair of shoes from among the dozen the salesgirl had shown her"
select as an alternative over another;
"I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"
"She opted for the job on the East coast"
see fit or proper to act in a certain way; decide to act in a certain way;
"She chose not to attend classes and now she failed the exam"
- It's up to you to choose where we should go.
- He will choose banking as his career.
- He chose not to go home until later.
- Do just as you choose.
- You have chosen well.
- He chooses wisely.
- I cannot choose but wait.
- I chose you because you have such a darling complexion.
- I have chosen the best.
- I have chosen the smallest.
- She took a long time to choose a new sweater.
- Will you help me choose a cap?
- She has chosen a green hat.
- He deliberately chose the heaviest and dirtiest job.
- They vote to choose a President.
- In choosing your play,I recommend that you select one written during the last 25 years.
- She chose happiness instead of wealth.
- Well,I choose this one before all others.
- He chooses death before dishonour.
- He was chosen for special training.
- The dean was chosen by election.
- Only the best young men were chosen.
- If you choose to come, you may.
- He does not choose to go abroad this year.
- Why have so many people chosen to migrate abroad?
- He doesn't choose to be a teacher.
- It's not my business how she chooses to live.
- He did not choose to help me.
- Jack chose to stay at home rather than go fishing.
- He chose not to go home until later.
- Though I am fond of desserts, especially fruit,I chose not to have any.
- Have you chosen where to go?
- I do not choose running.
- If you had to choose staying here alone or going with me, what would you do?
- I do not choose that he should run for the Presidency.
- He chose that we should stay.
- She chooses that we should set off early.
- We can't choose who bring us into the world.
- Have you chosen what you want for your birthday?
- Choose me a good one, please.
- She took a long time to choose her new hat.
- He chose me a bike.
- We chose a Christmas present for her.
- They have chosen a competent tutor for their son.
- They chose her a secretary.
- We chose him president.
- They choose me to be their representative.
- They chose him to be president.
- Who did they choose to be their new member of Parliament?
- We choose him as our monitor.
- They choose her as their spokesperson.
- They choose Mr. Hobbs as their leader.
- Smith was chosen the head of the factory.
- He was chosen as President because he was a fully qualified, charismatic statesman.
- I choose him to stay here.
- Last year he was chosen to attend a conference of advanced workers.
- A small boy was chosen to run this errand because he would not arouse enemy's suspicions.
- choose among (v.+prep.)
从…之间选择 elect among
choose among sth
You have to choose among these fabrics.
- choose between (v.+prep.)
在…之间选择 make a choice between ( usually two things or people)
choose between sb/sth/v-ing
We have agreed that you shall choose between us now.
There is little to choose between them.
We had to choose between death and dishonour.
It is difficult to choose between two such nice houses.
I had to choose between staying with my parents and going abroad.
留下来跟父母在一起还是出国,我必须作出选择。choose sth between sth
You may choose one book between the two.
- choose for (v.+prep.)
把…选作 choose sb/sth to be
choose sb/sth for sb/sth
She chose Charlie for her husband.
That's the name he has chosen for his new novel.
- choose from (v.+prep.)
从…之间选择 elect; choose sb/sth from
choose sb/sth from sb/sth
They chose us from a large number of students.
I chose a few books from the shelf yesterday morning.
- choose a cap 挑选一顶帽子
- choose a fully qualified, charismatic statesman 选一完全合格、具有超凡魅力的政治家
- choose a new sweater 挑选一件新毛衣
- choose a nice birthday present 挑选了一件精致的生日礼物
- choose a President 投票选举总统
- choose death 宁愿死
- choose dishonour 宁愿受辱
- choose happiness 选择幸福
- choose one's friend 挑选朋友
- choose such a darling complexion 挑选长相讨人喜欢的人
- choose the advanced workers 推选先进工作者
- choose the best young men 选中那些最优秀的青年人
- choose the colours 挑选这种颜色
- choose the dean 选举系主任
- choose the dirtiest job 拣最脏的活儿干
- choose the head of the factory 选厂长
- choose the heaviest job 拣最重的活儿干
- choose the largest apple 挑一个最大的苹果
- choose the path of revolution 选择了革命的道路
- choose the play 挑选剧本
- choose the representative 选代表
- choose the smallest 挑了个最小的
- choose the special training 选中特殊的训练
- choose wealth 选择财富
- choose well 选择得很好
- choose admirably 恭敬选择
- choose appropriately 合适地选择
- choose arbitrarily 随意地选择
- choose constitutionally 合乎宪法地选择
- choose critically 关键时刻地选择
- choose definitely 肯定地选择
- choose deliberately 深思熟虑地选择
- choose discreetly 慎重地选择
- choose emotionally 情绪激动地选择
- choose fastidiously 过分讲究地选择
- choose finally 最后地选择
- choose inevitably 不可避免地选择
- choose injudiciously 不明智地选择
- choose instinctively 本能地选择
- choose invariably 不变地选择
- choose irrelevantly 不相关地选择
- choose logically 按逻辑推理地选择
- choose mistakenly 错误地选择
- choose morally 道义地选择
- choose precisely 精确地选择
- choose promiscuously 不加区分地选择
- choose prudently 慎重地选择
- choose resolutely 坚定地选择
- choose righteously 正直地选择
- choose scrupulously 认真地选择
- choose sedulously 小心周到地选择
- choose sensibly 合理地选择
- choose shrewdly 明智地选择
- choose speedily 快速地选择
- choose sympathetically 同情地选择
- choose tactfully 机敏地选择
- choose tastefully 趣味高雅地选择
- choose ultimately 最后地选择
- choose unaccountably 不可理解地选择
- choose unanimously 一致地选择
- choose universally 全体选择
Have unanimously chosen you Mayor.出自： S. Foote
Sir Thomas Arundell, who chose out..this spot.出自： A. L. Rowse
The Poles did not choose..the political system under which they live.出自： D. Lodge
- choose的基本意思是“选择,选取”,通常指一个人以主观判断或意愿在两个或两个以上的人或事物中加以选择,强调凭自己的好恶选择自己认为合适的东西，有时也指根据被选择对象的优点或实际需要所进行的选择。引申可作“决定”“喜欢; 宁愿”解。
- choose作“选择”解时可接名词、代词、带或不带疑问词的动词不定式、动名词、that/wh-从句作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词for的宾语。choose还可接以“to be/as+ n. ”或以动词不定式充当补足语的复合宾语。 choose作“决定,选定”解时,可接动词不定式或that/wh-从句作宾语,而不接名词或代词作宾语,不可用于被动结构。choose后接的that从句须用虚拟语气。
- choose作“喜欢; 宁愿”解时，可以搭用before, instead of或more than引起的短语来构成选择比较结构。
- choose as, choose for
- 这两者都可表示“选…作…”,其区别在于:choose as强调身份, choose for强调目的。
- choose, collect, elect, pick, select, single
- My wife is going with me to help me pick out a new suit.我妻子和我一起去以帮我挑选一件新西装。
- I like collecting stamps very much, and I've also collected many foreign stamps.我非常喜欢集邮,我还收集了许多外国邮票。
- It is highly important for us to choose and train successors.对我们来说,挑选和培养接班人是十分重要的。
- The students chose him as their monitor because they liked him.学生们选他做班长,因为他们喜欢他。
- The greedy boy chose the largest apple in the dish.那贪心的孩子从盘中挑了一个最大的苹果。
- You may choose from them the one you like best.你可从它们中间选出你最喜欢的一个。
- They chose her a secretary.他们选择她做秘书。
- He was chosen our team leader.他被选为我们的队长。
- They selected a diamond engagement ring.他们挑选了一枚钻石订婚戒指。
- Why didn't you select a nice subject?你为什么没选一个好题目?
- Select the book you want.选你需要的书。
- We selected her to represent us.我们选她作为我们的代表。
- He selected the village as a base of operation.他选择了该村为试验基地。
- He selected a pair of socks to match his suit.他为配他的那身衣服选了一双袜子。
- We elected the captain of our football team by a show of hands.我们举手选举我们的足球队长。
- Only someone born in the United States can be elected as President.只有在美国出生的人才可以被选为美国总统。
- The committee is made up of men and women elected by the people.委员会是由人民选出的人员组成。
- He was singled out to succeed his uncle.他被选出来继承他叔叔的产业。
误 There are a lot of goods for you to choose.
正 There are a lot of goods for you to choose from.
析 表示“从…中挑选”,应用choose from〔between〕, among, out of,而choose sth/sb 表示“挑选某物〔人〕”。我的印象是,这些书是她仔细挑选出来的。
误 I have the impression that she chose the books out with care.
正 I have the impression that she chose the books with care.
析 表示“选择”用choose即可, out与choose连用意思重复。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的chesen，意为选择。