- vt. & vi. 猜 form an opinion or make a statement about sth without definite knowledge
- [C]猜测,估计,猜想 an attempt to guess
a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
an estimate based on little or no information
expect, believe, or suppose;
"I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"
"I thought to find her in a bad state"
"he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"
"I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation;
"I am guessing that the price of real estate will rise again"
"I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time);
"I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
guess correctly; solve by guessing;
"He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
- I don't really know, I'm just guessing.
- We could only guess at her motives.
- She guessed the right answer at once.
- He guessed the number of the beans in the jar.
- I guess he was wrong.
- I'll give you three guesses.
- My guess is that he didn't come because his parents wouldn't let him do.
- guess at (v.+prep.)
猜想 form an opinion
guess at sth
I can't guess at your name.
Let us guess at the height of the building.
Can you guess at the price?
Ordinary people can only guess at the causes of the sharp rise in the cost of living.
普通百姓对生活费用急剧上涨的原因只能猜测。guess at wh-clause
Just guess at what he means.
I can't even guess at what you mean.
- guess what
- at a guess
猜一下,粗略估计 without being certain or exact
- by guess
靠猜 depend on guess
- It's anybody's guess
谁也说不准 no one knows
- guess a riddle 猜一个谜语
- guess a secret 猜着秘密
- guess sb's age at forty 猜某人的年龄在40岁的样子
- guess sb's doubt 猜中某人的疑虑
- guess sb's meaning 猜着某人的意思
- guess sb's thoughts 猜中某人的想法
- guess sb's weight 猜某人的体重
- guess the answer 猜答案
- guess the reason 推测原因
- guess the reason for sb's resignation 猜想某人隐退的理由
- guess the result 猜测结果
- guess the solution of a problem 猜着解决问题的办法
- guess the truth 推测真实情况
- guess nearly 接近猜中
- guess right 猜中
- guess wrong 猜错
- guess cleverly 精明地猜测
- guess correctly 正确地猜想
- guess easily 容易猜中
- guess luckily 幸运地猜中
- guess profoundly 深刻地猜测
- guess rightly 猜中
- guess shrewdly 精明地猜测
- guess skillfully 天才地猜想
- guess wildly 乱猜
- guess about 猜测
- guess at 对…猜测
- guess at sb's age 猜某人的年龄
- guess at the answer 猜答案
- guess sth from various circumstances 从各种情况来推测某事
- give〔have〕 a guess 猜测
- hazard a guess 姑妄猜之
- make a guess at sth 猜测某事
- miss a guess 猜错了
- venture a guess 大胆猜测
- baseless guess 没有根据的猜测
- good guess 猜得对
- hazardous guess 无把握的猜测
- instinctive guess 凭直觉的猜测
- rough-and-ready guess 大致的猜测
- round guess 粗略的猜测
- wild guess 乱猜
- wrong guess 错误的猜测
- guess as to 出自…的猜测
Mere guess, supposition and possibility, when opposed to historical evidence, prove nothing.出自： J. Butler
I don't need three guesses to know what you're talking about.出自： M. Shadbolt
He had no guess-idea of what bemused his vision.出自：Blackwood's Magazine
The eye being liable to be grossly deceived in guessing the direction of a perpendicular.出自： J. Tyndall
Guess my surprise when..I received a mysterious note.出自： T. Hardy