- 罪有应得， 招惹，招致，自找（麻烦），自讨（苦吃）（for）
- =Amplitude Shift Keying 幅移键控
- vt. & vi. 问,询问 request information (about sb/sth) (from sb)
- vt. & vi. 要求,请求 request that sb gives sth or does sth; request permission to do sth
- vt. & vi. 邀请 invite (sb)
"I asked about their special today"
"He had to ask directions several times"
make a request or demand for something to somebody;
"She asked him for a loan"
direct or put; seek an answer to;
"ask a question"
consider obligatory; request and expect;
"We require our secretary to be on time"
"Aren't we asking too much of these children?"
"I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
address a question to and expect an answer from;
"Ask your teacher about trigonometry"
"The children asked me about their dead grandmother"
require as useful, just, or proper;
"It takes nerve to do what she did"
"success usually requires hard work"
"This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
"This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
"This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"
"This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
require or ask for as a price or condition;
"He is asking $200 for the table"
"The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
- May I ask a question?
- I'm calling to ask you about the delivery.
- He'll lend you the money if you ask him.
- It was such a big job that he had to ask for help .
- I have asked some friends for tea.
- I have the right to ask for an explanation.
- My father ask me to account for my conduct.
- The man asked ten dollars for the book.
- As parents, we should not ask too much of our children.
- If you don't know, you must ask.
- Why didn't you ask?
- I asked merely out of curiosity.
- If you need any help, just ask.
- If you have any questions, ask him.
- You'd better ask him.
- Why didn't you ask me first?
- Don't tell him if he asks you.
- I have something to ask you.
- He asked the way to the bank.
- Nobody asked anything at the end of the lecture.
- The teacher asked a question, but nobody could answer it.
- Someone is asking to see you.
- She asked to be sent to study in Shanghai.
- Did she ask to leave any message?
- She asked to be given more work to do.
- Jack asks to be given another opportunity for the exam.
- He asked to be allowed to stay in the club.
- I asked to speak to Fred Branley.
- I must ask to be excused.
- He said that Mr.Davidson was asking to see me.
- He asked how to pronounce the word “c-o-u-g-h”.
- She asked what to do next.
- I'll ask how to get there.
- Did you ask what to do?
- He asks when to start work.
- He asked that he might get up.
- The headmaster asks that we go in one by one.
- The boy earnestly asked that his application be granted.
- He asked that he be allowed to do the experiment.
- He asks that he be given an opportunity to try this method.
- He asked that he be given an opportunity to explain his case.
- I asked that the proposal be submitted to a special committee in Shenyang.
- She asked that the message be taken to the school immediately.
- I ask that he leave.
- I ask that my request may be granted.
- Mary asks what you actually want her to do.
- I'll ask when the train leaves.
- She asks when you will be back in Beijing.
- She asked whether I took sugar in my tea.
- “How many languages can you speak?” he asked.
- “Have you met him before?” I asked.
- “What's the meaning of all that?” he asked.
- “Where do you live?”he asked.
- Ask him his name.
- May I ask you a question?
- I want to ask you something.
- I came to ask you a favour.
- He asked me ￡5 a month as rent for that house.
- I was asked many questions.
- At the news conference he was asked all kinds of questions.
- He asked the farmer how to drive the tractor.
- He asked me how to open the box.
- He asked me how to start the machine.
- Go and ask the manager what to do tomorrow.
- Did you ask them what to do next?
- Ask him where to go.
- You'd better ask her where to get such records.
- Did you ask her which to buy?
- I asked her if I might call and see her that afternoon.
- I asked him what he wanted.
- They asked me what my name was, where I came from, and why I had come.
- Please ask her when she will be back.
- I asked John why he didn't go to see a lawyer for the matter.
- I asked her whether she believed in God.
- I asked him whether he would accept the post.
- I ask you to do this for me.
- I must ask you to excuse me.
- I ask you to do it at once.
- He asked me to wait a moment.
- He asked her to wake him up at six.
- He hospitably asked me to step in and have a talk.
- I was asked to hand this letter to you.
- I was asked to see them off.
- He was asked to lecture on Irish Folklore.
- They were asked to attend the meeting.
- ask about (v.+prep.)
询问,打听 request information concerning (sth/sb)
ask about sb/sth
Uncle Hill asked about you the other day.
Newspaper reporters have been asking about the missing child all day.
I'll ask about it when I go to town.
He went to the station to ask about the trains.
The director is asking about those papers that you promised to have ready.
主任正在询问你早先为他准备的那些文件。ask sb about sth
We must ask him about it.
I have nothing more to ask you about apart from these questions.
- ask after (v.+prep.)
询问…的健康 enquire about the health of sb
ask after sb
When I met Mrs. Smith this morning she asked after you and the children.
Jones has been asking after you; he's heard you've been ill.
He asked after your health.
Was Aunt Sarah asked after, too?
- ask for (v.+prep.)
自找麻烦 behave so as to cause trouble
ask for sth
Might I ask for a photograph of your little daughter?
They all asked for the job.
The miners are asking for another increase in pay.
He asked for time to think all this over.
If you get into difficulties, don't hesitate to ask for advice.
I asked for the taxi to come at 8 o'clock.
He asked for an interview with the Premier.
May I ask for your views on a few questions?
She sent me a postcard asking for your address.
He has written to his friends in Ha'erbin, asking for information.
他已经给他哈尔滨的朋友写了信去了解情况。ask sb for sth
We often asked the veteran workers for advice.
He constantly asked them for criticism.
Why don't you go and ask her for help?
They asked the waiter for their bill.
I'll ask the leadership for half a day's leave.
They asked him for his address.
I should have asked him for a shot of penicillin.
我应当让他给我打一针青霉素的。ask for sb
He is very ill and keeps asking for his daughter.
There's a woman at the door, asking for Mr.Sharp.
There's been someone here asking for you.
Go to the office and ask for the secretary.
到办公室去找秘书。ask for it
She has been teasing the dog for weeks, and I'm not surprised it bit her— she certainly asked for it.
They asked for it by using that rude manner with me.
She's asking for it in acting like that.
What made you do that?It was asking for it.
- ask in (v.+adv.)
请(某人)进来 invite sb to enter
ask sb ⇔ in
Mr.Brown is at the door, shall I ask him in?
I asked him in for a drink.
- ask of (v.+prep.)
向…要求,要求… request sth from sb
ask of sb
It's not too much to ask of you to clean your own shoes.
You are asking too much of them.
She's not strong.We can't ask too much of her.
You asked of me more than you asked of the others.
你要求我的比要求别人的多。ask sth of sb/sth
I would like to ask a favour of you.
I asked my way of a passer-by.
He asked my opinion of the pictures.
- ask out (v.+adv.)
请(某人)外出 invite sb to a show, meal, etc.
ask sb out
Mr. and Mrs. Brown are not at home, some friends have asked them out.
I asked her out to lunch.
This is the third time he asked me out.
She's busy tonight; she's been asked out to dinner.
I've been asked out to a dance on Saturday.
- ask over (v.+adv.)
请(某人)来自己家 invite sb to one's home, usually for a short time
ask sb over
I asked her over to my house.
They asked us over to dinner.
We haven't seen them for ages; why not ask them over for lunch on Sunday?
- ask to (v.+prep.)
邀请…参加… invite sb to be one's guest at (an event or occasion)
ask sb to sth
Do I have to ask all my relatives to the wedding?
They asked me to their wedding party.
When Jerry asked me to her house I usually made some excuse.
I am asked to more social affairs than I have time to attend.
- ask up (v.+adv.)
请(某人)上楼 invite sb to come upstairs
ask sb up
Please ask him up.
They asked me up.
When the doctor arrives, ask him up.
- ask an advice 征求意见
- ask an excuse 请求原谅
- ask an name 问姓名
- ask a price 要价
- ask a question 提问
- ask a reason 问原因
- ask time 问时间
- ask a way 问路
- ask loud 大声地问
- ask pointblank 直截了当地问
- ask too much 要价太高
- ask civilly 文明地问
- ask contemptuously 轻蔑地问
- ask earnestly 恳切地问
- ask guardedly 谨慎地问
- ask hospitably 殷勤地问
- ask impertinently 无礼地问
- ask impressively 胆小地问
- ask insistently 急切地问
- ask lightly 轻率地问
- ask listlessly 无精打采地问
- ask natively 自然地问
- ask pertinently 很恰当地问
- ask pointedly 尖刻地问
- ask politely 彬彬有礼地问
- ask probably 可能地问
- ask relentlessly 残酷地问
- ask savagely 野蛮地问
- ask sharply 尖刻地问
- ask shrewdly 敏捷地问
- ask specifically 具体地问
- ask spitefully 恶狠狠地问
- ask sternly 粗暴地问
- ask tremulously 声音颤抖地问
- ask wistfully 渴望地问
- ask in 请求某人进来
- ask off 请假
- ask on 继续问
- ask out 请(某人)外出吃饭、看戏等
- ask over 请(某人)来自己家
- ask up 请(某人)上楼
Asking to her why she had trespaced his commaundments.出自： Caxton
It is axed at the mouth of the wyse.出自：Bible (Coverdale): Ecclesiasticus
The other axed ye price, he sayed: xx. nobles.出自： H. Latimer
Knocking at the taverns, And asking every one for Sir John Falstaff.出自：2 Henry IV , Shakespeare
They asked them, saying, Is this your son?出自：Bible (AV): King John
Ask your own heart; and nothing is so plain.出自： Pope
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no fibs.出自： Goldsmith
Once I ask'd him of his early life.出自： Tennyson
I..asked him what o'clock it was.出自： Dickens
I asked her her maiden name.出自： G. Borrow
Animals are such agreeable friendssthey ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.出自： George Eliot
A farmer of whom I asked the way.出自：Oxford English Dictionary
'Dost thou give news for love, or dost thou sell it?' Kim asked.出自： R. Kipling
If you want to know the time, ask a P'liceman!出自： E. W. Rogers
Often Jeff would ask her, did she really love him.出自： G. Stein
Where was he this morning, for instance? Some committee, she never asked what.出自： V. Woolf
If Hitler had come into the conversation she would have interrupted to ask who he was.出自： G. Greene
It was the question that Nessim asked himself repeatedly.出自： L. Durrell
I seldom asked my father..about our relations near or distant.出自： Day Lewis
Father Patrick asked me if I'd like to be a priest.出自： K. Laffan
- ask用作及物动词,其后可接名词、代词、带或不带疑问词的动词不定式或that/wh-从句作宾语, that从句中常使用虚拟式。
- ask也可用作不及物动词,其后一般接介词after〔for〕。ask after表示“问候”, ask for表示“要求得到或见到”。
ask在大部分情况下是指“问”，如ask her name（问她的名字），ask the way（问路），但在于price搭配时，表达两种意思，“问价”和“讨价”。
I asked her the price.
I asked the price of ￥20.
ask后可带直接宾语和间接宾语，如ask his name和ask him。也可带双宾语，但是要注意将间接宾语（指人的词）先放在前面，中间不需要任何介词连接。
She asked me my opinion.
ask后可接of，但多半情况下，省略of。如句子I asked him a question比I asked a question of him的用法普遍，而 She has a question to ask (of) you和she asked (of) me中的of均可省略。不过，在特定的句子中，of 不可省略。
I am afraid it is too much to ask of him.
- ask和ask for都有“请求”的意思，而前者常用在无形的物体上，后者则可同时用在有形和无形的物体上。如ask a favour，ask advice和ask for bread，ask for money。如果在这两种表达方式后加被请求的人，那么用ask时该在宾语后加of 和人，而用ask for时该在ask和for中间加人，如ask a favour of her和ask him for meat。通常情况下，ask在指“请求”时，后要求带双宾语，但比较特殊的是，favour是直接宾语，所以可以将ask a favour of him改为ask him a favour，不能说ask him advice或ask him permission；
I ask that he shall/should call this evening.
I ask that he call (不用calls) this evening.
I asked to go home.
I asked for the children to have extra milk.
She asked me something.
She asked me for something.
He asked about her.
He asked after she.
He asked for her.
- ask, ask for
- She asked a favour of me.她请求我帮忙。
- 而ask for的宾语既可是抽象的,也可是具体的东西。例如：
- The beggar asked him for bread.那个要饭的向他要面包吃。
- He asked me for my address.他向我要地址。
- 2.使用句型不同:如果要说出被请求的人,前者可用ask sb sth 或ask sth of sb; 而后者则用asked for sb's sth 或asked sb for sth。
- ask, ask about
- ask后的宾语很有限,如question, price, name, time, reason, way等名词,其他名词则一般放在ask about之后。
- ask after, give one's regards to, say hello to
- 这三个短语的意思是“问候”。其区别在于:ask after指向某人问起(另一人的)健康状况或福利、兴盛等情况,但所问候的人并不想知道详细情况,只表示一般的关心而已,例如：
- He asked after your health.他向你问候。
- say hello to与give one's regard to的意思和用法基本相同,后面都接被问候的对象,有时,这种问候是礼节性的说法,例如：
- Say hello to your parents for me, please.请代我问候你父母。
- Please give my kind regards to your brother.请代我向令兄问候。
- ask, inquire, interrogate, query, question
- Did you ask him his name and address?你问他的姓名和地址了吗?
- The police are trying to inquire into the cause of his death.警察正在设法查出他的死因。
- The prisoner was questioned by the police.犯人被警察所质问。
- The lawyer took a long time to interrogate the witness fully.律师花了很长的时间来彻底地盘问证人。
- They queried the President about his intentions.他们对总统的想法提出了疑问。
- ask, beg, demand, order, request, require
- 1.从语气上看, beg最弱,有“恳求”的意味,如ask后仍达不到愿望,就要进一步beg了。例如：
- He begged me to excuse him.他乞求我原谅他。
- Visitors are requested not to touch the exhibits.请观众不要抚摸展品。
- The boy asked timidly if he might see the book.那男孩怯生生地问能否看一下这本书。
- He asked curtly for a cup of water.他粗声粗气地要一杯水喝。
- This plan requires secrecy.这计划要求保密。
- The guard demanded his business.警卫查问他来干什么。
- If you make any more noise,I shall order you out of the classroom.你如果再叫,我就命令你从教室里出去。
- 2.从目的上看,这组词都表示要求对方满足自己的某种愿望, ask希望对方能给予肯定的答复,而request则对能否得到肯定的答复把握不大。例如：
- The meeting will take place at 8 o'clock. Your presence is requested.会议将于8时召开,敬请光临。
- 3.从根据上说, demand一般指客观上必要,缺此不可,多来自权威方面。例如：
- The work demands care and patience.这工作需要细心和耐心。
- His health requires that he go to bed earlier.他的健康状况要求他早睡。
- 4.从感情色彩上看, beg含有浓厚的感情色彩,表示“一再要求”。例如：
- The boy begged his mother not to punish him.那孩子要求他妈妈不要惩罚他。
- The father demanded knowledge of what had occurred during his absence from home.父亲要求说明他不在家时究竟发生了什么事。
- This requires great attention in our work.这一点我们在工作中要特别注意。
- 5.从使用场合看, ask使用范围最广; order则多限于军队中或医生对病人。例如：
- The officer ordered that the men should fire the guns.长官命令士兵开火。
- ask for, invite
- invite多指请人做不很劳累甚至有时是使人高兴的事,如请跳舞,参加晚会、吃饭、谈谈意见等; ask for意为“请,请求”,多指请求做需要付出努力的事。例如:
- He felt sore about not being invited to the party.他为没有被邀请参加晚会而恼火。
- With that he asked for their help.他接着就请求他们帮助。
- He asked me something.
- He asked me for something.
- He asked about you.
- He asked after you.
- He asked for you.
误 We asked seeing the manager.
正 We asked to see the manager.
误 It is Tom who opened the door and asked me to come in.
正 It is Tom who opened the door and asked me in.
析 ask作“邀请”解时已含有“进去”或“出来”的意味,后面不用再加to come或to go。他问我火车什么时候离开。
误 He asked me when was the train leaving.
正 He asked me when the train was leaving.
误 He asked to me my name.
正 He asked me my name.
误 I ask him that he calls on me this evening.
正 I ask him that he call on me this evening.
析 ask作“请求”解接that从句时,从句须用虚拟语气, should常可省略。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ascian，意为问。