- n. 要求；要求权；主张；断言；声称；要求物
- vt. 要求；请求；主张；声称；断言
- vt. 声称,断言 assert; say that sth is a fact
- vt. & vi. 对…提出要求,索取 ask for or demand as the rightful owner or as one's right
- vt. (灾难等)使失踪〔死亡〕 (of a disaster, an accident, etc.) cause the loss or death of sb
- vt. 需要,值得 call for; deserve; need; require
- [C]要求 demand; request
- [C]主张,断言 statement of sth as a fact; assertion
an assertion of a right (as to money or property);
"his claim asked for damages"
an assertion that something is true or factual;
"his claim that he was innocent"
"evidence contradicted the government's claims"
demand for something as rightful or due;
"they struck in support of their claim for a shorter work day"
an informal right to something;
"his claim on her attentions"
"his title to fame"
an established or recognized right;
"a strong legal claim to the property"
"he had no documents confirming his title to his father's estate"
"he staked his claim"
a demand especially in the phrase
"the call of duty"
assert or affirm strongly; state to be true or existing;
"He claimed that he killed the burglar"
demand as being one's due or property; assert one's right or title to;
"He claimed his suitcases at the airline counter"
"Mr. Smith claims special tax exemptions because he is a foreign resident"
ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example;
"They claimed on the maximum allowable amount"
lay claim to; as of an idea;
"She took credit for the whole idea"
take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs;
"the accident claimed three lives"
"The hard work took its toll on her"
- The matter claimed our serious attention.
- Did you claim on the insurance after your car accident?
- The government would not even consider his claim for money.
- He set up a claim to the throne.
- I claim payment from my friend.
- Has anyone claimed the bike?
- The flood claimed hundreds of lives.
- There are several matters that claim my attention.
- The care of the baby claims half my time.
- They claim to have discovered a cure for the disease.
- He claimed that he found the money in the forest.
- He claimed himself to be engineer.
- They claimed the child as their own.
- It is claimed to be true.
- She has no claim on my sympathies.
- He made a claim for damages.
- Mary made a claim to the book.
- His claim to own the house is valid.
- He made no claims to sound scholarship.
- claim against (v.+prep.)
(根据…)有权利要求得到 (according to sth) have right to get sth
claim against sb/sth
You should be able to claim against the car insurance.
你可以要求得到汽车保险金。claim sth against sth
You should claim the cost against the house insurance.
- claim back (v.+adv.)
要求付还 ask for paying back
claim sth ⇔ back
Buy the special supplies for the company, and claim back their cost.
- claim for (v.+prep.)
声称〔宣布〕…属于 declare sth belonging to sb
claim for sth
Can I claim for yesterday's journey?
能支付给我昨天的差旅费吗?claim sth for sth
You can only claim 100 dollars a day for your travel.
差旅费只能一天付给你100美元。claim sth for sth
The discoverer claimed the island for the nation.
Magical properties are sometimes claimed for certain medicines.
- lay claim to
自称有知识〔技能〕等 state that one has knowledge, understanding, a skill, etc.
- put in a claim for
提出有权得到(某物) lay claim to sth
- set up a claim to
提出…的要求 ask for sth
- accept a claim 接受要求
- drop〔waive〕 one's claim 放弃要求
- hand in a claim 送交一项要求
- reject sb's claim 拒绝某人的要求
- relinquish〔withdraw〕 a claim 撤回要求
- resist a claim 反对一项要求
- satisfy one's claim 满足要求
- settle a claim 解决一项要求
- excessive claim 过分的要求
- fair claim 公正的要求
- legal claim 合法要求
- outstanding claim 未解决的要求
- the first claim 首先要求
- unsupported claim 没有根据的要求
The telephone company sent us circulars in which they made large claims.出自： C. Day
By arbitrary arrest and imprisonment he enforced his claim to tax without Parliamentary consent.出自： C. Hill
The Department of Justice instituted a claim for libel against the newspaper.出自： A. Brink
He claimed that his word should be law.出自： C. Merivale
Every townsman could claim to be tried by his fellow-townsman.出自： J. R. Green
The television screen was beginning to claim their full attention.出自： B. Pym
The cholera had claimed four more lives.出自： M. M. Kaye
You should claim a refund of the repair cost from the shop.出自：Which?
- claim用作动词时的基本意思是“声称,断言”,可接动词不定式、that从句作宾语,也可接由“to be/as n./adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。
- claim, affirm, allege, assert, declare
- He alleged illness for a reason for not going to work.他称病,以此作为不去工作的理由。
- It may be safely affirmed that he is innocent.可以断言,他是无罪的。
- He asserts the cause of liberty.他主张自由主义。
- He claimed to be the rightful heir.他声称自己是合法继承人。
- He declared that he had not done it.他声称他没干这事。
- claim, demand, exact, require
- The opposition have demanded that all the facts be made public.反对派要求把所有的事实都公之于世。
- Did you claim on the insurance company after your car accident?你出车祸后有没有向保险公司提出赔偿?
- The urgency of the situation requires that we should make an immediate decision.局势紧急,需要我们立即作出决定。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的clamer，意为称呼，声称；最初源自拉丁语的clamare，意为叫喊。