- n. 感觉；知觉；气氛；鉴赏力；反感
- adj. 有感情的；富于同情心的；含情脉脉的
- [U]知觉 ability to feel
- [C]感觉,感触 thing that is felt through the mind or the senses
- [S]态度,看法 attitude; opinion
- [C][U]感受力,鉴赏力 sensitivity; appreciation
- [U]同情,体谅 sympathetic understanding
- [U][C]激情 strong emotion, especially of discontent, resentment, etc.
- [P]感情,情绪 person's emotions rather than intellect
the experiencing of affective and emotional states;
"she had a feeling of euphoria"
"he had terrible feelings of guilt"
"I disliked him and the feeling was mutual"
a vague idea in which some confidence is placed;
"his impression of her was favorable"
"what are your feelings about the crisis?"
"it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"
"I had a feeling that she was lying"
the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people;
"the feel of the city excited him"
"a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"
"it had the smell of treason"
a physical sensation that you experience;
"he had a queasy feeling"
"I had a strange feeling in my leg"
"he lost all feeling in his arm"
the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin;
"she likes the touch of silk on her skin"
"the surface had a greasy feeling"
an intuitive understanding of something;
"he had a great feeling for music"
- I have a feeling that we are being followed.
- The feeling deepened with the passing of the years.
- He had no movement or feeling below his navel.
- I've lost all feeling in the left arm.
- There is a weird feeling about the place.
- There was a faint feeling of unrest at the table.
- You have no feeling for the beauty of nature.
- His speech caused a lot of feeling.
- His rapid promotion caused much bad feeling among his colleagues.
- He is not a mere lump of clay but a feeling creature.
- I've lost all feeling in my hands.
- He rubbed his numb foot to restore the feeling.
- She has very strong feelings of jealousy.
- She had an uneasy feeling that they were still following her.
- My own feeling is that we should buy it.
- This had completely altered her feeling toward him.
- There's considerable division of feeling over the issue.
- The peasant child has a natural feeling for music.
- We must develop a feeling for beauty in nature.
- She plays the piano with great feeling.
- She has no feelings for the suffering of others.
- Our teacher is a man of fine feeling.
- He was carried forward on a wave of popular feeling.
- He spoke with feeling about the high rate of unemployment.
- I like her and I hope the feeling is mutual.
- Hard feelings existed between the neighbours.
- Now so many of the young men think it is hard to tell which feelings are real and which ones are artificial.
- His abrupt reply hurt our feelings.
- She doesn't like expressing her intimate feelings.
- If you want to be a successful businessman you must be aggressive and not worry about other people's feelings.
- The letter shows his fond feeling towards his neighbour.
- She is a consistent girl in her feeling.
- That girl is dead to your feeling.
- She is rich in the inner feelings.
- His poetry is instinct with strength and feeling.
- He has very little regard for the feelings of others.
- He continued speaking, regardless of my feelings on the matter.
- He was sensitive to the feelings of others.
- He felt all the old feelings.
- bad〔ill〕 feeling
恶感,反感,不满 resentment; dissatisfaction
- no hard feelings
〈非正〉没有嫌弃,没有恶感 no resentment or bitterness
- affect sb's feelings 影响某人的感情
- consider the feelings of others 考虑别人的感情
- control one's feelings 控制感情
- develop a feeling 产生感情
- enter into sb's feelings 同情某人
- excite a feeling of 引起对…的感觉
- express a feeling 表达感情
- have a feeling for sth 对某事有感情
- have no feeling 没有感觉
- hide one's feelings 掩饰自己的感情
- hurt sb's feelings 伤害某人的感情
- improve the feeling 增进感情
- increase the feeling 增强感情
- lose feeling 失去知觉
- relieve one's feeling 发泄感情,泄愤
- show great feeling 深表同情
- show much feeling 深表同情
- show no feeling 毫不同情
- spare sb's feelings 不伤害某人的感情
- work up sb's feelings 激起某人的感情
- wound sb's feelings 伤某人的感情
- anti-foreign feeling 排外情绪
- bad feeling 恶感
- better feeling 较好的感觉
- deep feeling 深刻的感觉,深厚的感情
- friendly feeling 友好的感情
- good feeling 好感
- happy feeling 欢乐感,愉快心情
- ill feeling 恶感
- indifferent feeling 冷漠感
- mixed feeling 复杂的感情
- national feeling 民族感情
- natural feeling 自然的感觉
- noble and general feelings 崇高豪爽的情怀
- peculiar feeling 特殊的感觉
- personal feeling 个人的感觉
- popular feeling 普遍感觉
- public feeling 民情
- sad feeling 悲哀的感觉
- tender feeling 温柔的感觉
- the sweet feeling 喜悦之情
- underlying feeling 潜在的感觉
- unspeakable feeling 不可言喻的感觉
- be carried away by one's feelings 为情所驱
- man of feeling 富有同情心的人
- play the piano with feeling 满怀感情地演奏钢琴
- without a feeling 没有感情
The Sense of Feeling can indeed give us a Notion of..Shape.出自： Addison
- feeling还有“同情,体谅”“激情 ”“感情”等意思。作“感情”解时常用复数,往往指与理智相对而言的“情感”或“情绪”。
- feeling, emotion, passion, sensation, sense
- 1.这组词都可指机体受到外界刺激后从身体到精神的反应; sensation常指身体的反应,尤其是感官如眼睛、神经等对外界刺激的反应,一般较轻微,常译为“感知”, feeling较强,一般译为“感觉”“感情”, emotion 更强,表现为喜怒哀乐,一般译为激动; passion最强烈,往往使人失去思维的能力,且使人不能自制。例如:
- Fire gives a sensation of warmth.火给人以温暖的感觉。
- I don't like to hurt his feeling.我不愿意伤害他的感情。
- She lost her reason in consequence of a violent emotion caused by a fire.她因失火而过分伤心,以致失去理智。
- Our moral sense controls passion.我们的道德观念控制着激情。
- 2.feeling是这组词中最常用的,可泛指一般的情绪; sense多指身体上五官的感觉; sensation还可指轰动一时的事件或人物。例如:
- He had some feeling for hope.他怀有希望的心情。
- The new invention has created a great sensation.这项新发明引起了很大的轰动。
- feeling, feel
- I have a feel〔feeling〕 of cold.我感觉到冷。
- He doesn't care about the feelings of others.别人的心情他不管。
- emotion 情感
- feel 感觉
- affection 影响
- sensation 感觉
- sentiment 情绪
- opinion 意见
- view 视野
- hunch 预感
- atmosphere 大气
- passion 激情
- instinct 直觉
- ambience 气氛
- touch 触摸
- impression 印象
- sense 感官
- vehemence 热烈
- fervor 热诚
- fire 火
- warmth 温暖
- ardor 热情
- compassion 怜悯
- sensitive 灵敏的
- enthusiasm 热情
- pity 怜悯
- passionate 热情的
- commiseration 怜悯
- emotional 感情的
- intuition 直觉
- tender-hearted 心肠软的; 慈善的...
- sympathy 同情
- suspicion 猜疑
- sentient 有知觉的
- tenderness 温柔
- impassioned 慷慨激昂的
- consciousness 意识
- tender 温柔的
- vehement 感情强烈的
- reaction 反应
- presentiment 预感
- intense 强大的
- response 反应
- fervid 炽热的
- sentience 感觉性
- inkling 暗示
- ardent 热心的
- foreboding 不祥的预感
- sympathetic 同情的
- soft-hearted 心慈的; 宽厚的; 仁慈...
- experience 经验
- comprehension 理解
- perception 观念
- sensitivity 敏感
- awareness 认识
- premonition （不祥的）预感...
- compassionate 有同情心的
- sensibility 感情
- understanding 理解
- sensibilities 名词sensibilit...
- sympathies 名词sympathy的复...
- susceptibilities 脆弱的感情
- emotions 情感
- sense of touch 触觉
- tactile sense 触觉
- notion 观念
- breast 乳房
- tactile sensation 质感
- outlook 景色
- tactual sensation 触觉
- tone 语气
- spirit 精神
- speculation 推测
- viewpoint 观点
- thought 思想
- look 看
- attitude 态度
- smell 气味
- affectionate 充满感情的
- mystique 神秘
- idea 主意
- touch sensation 触觉
- expression 表情
- theory 学说
- flavour 味道
- vein 静脉
- position 位置
- soul 灵魂
- conception 概念
- belief 信念
- stance 立场
- flavor 风味
- mood 心情
- posture 姿势
- tactile 触觉的
- of 关于
- reason 原因