- vt. 触摸；感动；吃；喝；触及
- vi. 接触；联系
- n. 触觉；接触；修饰；少许；痕迹
- 触（摸），碰，摩，触知，触及（ 两个或以上的东西、表面等）
- vt. & vi. 接触; 触摸 be in contact with; bring a part of the body into contact with
- vt. 吃; 喝 take food; drink
- vt. 感动(某人或其情绪) affect (a person or his feelings)
- [C]接触,碰到 an act of touching
- [U]触觉 the sense of feeling by which an object is known to be hard, smooth, rough, etc.
- [C](完工前的)细小变动,润色 a small addition or detail that improves or completes sth
- [S]少许,一点 a slight amount
the event of something coming in contact with the body;
"he longed for the touch of her hand"
"the cooling touch of the night air"
the faculty by which external objects or forces are perceived through contact with the body (especially the hands);
"only sight and touch enable us to locate objects in the space around us"
a suggestion of some quality;
"there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"
"he detected a ghost of a smile on her face"
a distinguishing style;
"this room needs a woman's touch"
the act of putting two things together with no space between them;
"at his touch the room filled with lights"
a slight but appreciable amount;
"this dish could use a touch of garlic"
a communicative interaction;
"the pilot made contact with the base"
"he got in touch with his colleagues"
a slight attack of illness;
"he has a touch of rheumatism"
the act of soliciting money (as a gift or loan);
"he watched the beggar trying to make a touch"
the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin;
"she likes the touch of silk on her skin"
"the surface had a greasy feeling"
deftness in handling matters;
"he has a master's touch"
the feel of mechanical action;
"this piano has a wonderful touch"
make physical contact with, come in contact with;
"Touch the stone for good luck"
"She never touched her husband"
perceive via the tactile sense;
"Helen Keller felt the physical world by touching people and objects around her"
"A stirring movie"
"I was touched by your kind letter of sympathy"
be relevant to;
"There were lots of questions referring to her talk"
"My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
be in direct physical contact with; make contact;
"The two buildings touch"
"Their hands touched"
"The wire must not contact the metal cover"
"The surfaces contact at this point"
have an effect upon;
"Will the new rules affect me?"
deal with; usually used with a form of negation;
"I wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot pole"
"The local Mafia won't touch gambling"
cause to be in brief contact with;
"He touched his toes to the horse's flanks"
to extend as far as;
"The sunlight reached the wall"
"Can he reach?"
"The chair must not touch the wall"
be equal to in quality or ability;
"Nothing can rival cotton for durability"
"Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"
"Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
"Don't touch my CDs!"
make a more or less disguised reference to;
"He alluded to the problem but did not mention it"
"He could not touch the meaning of the poem"
"She didn't touch her food all night"
"her greying hair was tinged blond"
"the leaves were tinged red in November"
- Don't touch the paint until it's dry.
- His sad story touched our hearts.
- I'm not going to touch a thing tonight.
- I could use a touch of alcohol in this drink.
- Sorry, I never touch alcoholic drink.
- The peak seems to touch the sky.
- He feared to touch on distressing memories.
- The two wires were touching.
- I had no difficulty in getting in touch with him.
- We have been out of touch for years.
- The blind have a keen sense of touch.
- They keep close touch with me.
- Bob had to touch up the exterior paintwork where it was necessary.
- The wood-work is done, but there are a few places he has to touch up.
- There was a touch of sarcasm in his tone.
- Real jade is always cool to the touch and will resist any scratch with metal.
- Their hands touched.
- His lover stands so close to him that their bodies touch.
- The two farms touch.
- Touch it and feel if it is hot.
- Don't touch the door; the paint is wet.
- He walked around the table touching glasses with all the foreign guests.
- He was asleep the moment that his head touched the pillow.
- In the past women were forbidden to touch weapons.
- He treasured the machine like a jewel. He would not allow anyone to touch it.
- She lightly touched my forehead.
- He turned as a hand touched his shoulder.
- They are left there to be sold the next day. No one touches them.
- The blind touched the elephant's ear and said that it was just like a huge fan.
- The mountain is so high that it seems to touch the clouds.
- The branch was so long that it touched the window.
- He is so tall that he can touch the top of the door.
- The car almost touched the fence.
- Her fingers touched the keys of the typewriter speedily and accurately.
- He touched the bell.
- I daren't touch lobster.
- He refused to touch a morsel of the food they had brought.
- You haven't touched your food; I hope you are not ill.
- He swore he'd never touch a drink again.
- Tea was brought in, but no one touched it.
- The story touched all of us.
- Her evident distress touched him.
- The hero's speech touched the entire audience.
- Their poverty, their strained environment touched his heart.
- This touched his self-esteem.
- If you mention this, you'll touch him on a tender spot.
- The thermometer is expected to touch 35°C this afternoon.
- Your work will never touch the standard set by him.
- The two parties touched many questions of mutual concern in their talks.
- The question touches your interests closely.
- Their profession touches our national defence very closely.
- My boots were not touched by the fire.
- This question has not been touched yet.
- The policeman helped the old lady find the lost money, she was very much touched.
- She was greatly touched by the concern they had shown her.
- She was deeply touched by what the veteran worker said.
- He was really touched beyond words.
- We were greatly touched by the hero's heroic deeds.
- The whole audience was touched by his excellent performance.
- It was a touching sight.
- I felt a touch on my arm.
- This material was soft to the touch.
- The blind have a keen touch.
- Even the lightest touch will break it.
- This painting lacks the finishing touches.
- His essay has a light touch.
- The soup wants a touch of salt.
- There was a touch of irony in his speech.
- The dean has a marvelous touch in dealing with the students.
- The ball is out of touch.
- They can read by touch.
- She brought me into touch with everything.
- The steering answers to the slightest touch.
- The horse answered to its rider's touch.
- It will break at a touch.
- A re you in touch with Smith nowadays?
- Write as soon as you can.I don't want to lose touch with you.
- During his life he has a near touch twice.
- It was touch and go whether we should escape.
- Willie put the touch on me for another 1000 yuan last night.
- touch at (v.+prep.)
(船等)停靠(of a ship, etc.) make a stop
touch at sth
The ship touched at several ports on the return voyage.
We at last touched at Sydney.
- touch bottom
触到底 press to bottom
- touch down (v.+adv.)
降落,着陆 reach the ground; land
Our plane touched down half an hour early.
We touched down at Tokyo airport at 7 a.m.
The plane touched down in Hong Kong.
At last he touched down on the mainland.
- touch off (v.+adv.)
touch off sth
The boy touched off a firecracker.
His comments touched off a discussion about religion.
The remark touched off a heated controversy.
The news touched off a wave of protest throughout China.
This touched off a new storm against violent repression.
What touched off the fight?
It touched off a nationwide movement for the recovery of railway rights.
His action touched off a crisis.
The dispute was touched off by the dismissal of a workman for insubordination.
- touch on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
与…有关,涉及 have a bearing on; relate to
touch sb on sth
He touched me on the arm.
I touched the baby on her forehead.
If you mention this, you'll touch him on a tender spot.
你要提起这件事就会触及他的痛处。touch on〔upon〕 sb/sth
Such actions touch on betrayal.
The lecture was mainly on Shakespeare, but it also touched on other dramatists as well.
He is reading all the current publications touching on his field of research.
He touched on many points without enlarging on any of them.
In his lecture he touched on the major aspects of the controversy.
He told us about his early career, although he only touched on his service in military intelligence.
We've only touched on that, so far.
We can touch on it only briefly here.
Let me now deal more fully with the important question that was touched on earlier.
- touch up (v.+adv.)
唤醒,对…起刺激作用 rouse as by striking
- touch with (v.+prep.)
用…触摸; 带着(某种颜色) feel sth with sth; bring one colour
touch sth with sth
He touched the delicate petals with gentle fingers.
The white rose was touched with pink at the edge of the petals.
His hair was scarcely touched with grey.
- be out of touch
失去了联系 no longer keep in touch with
- keep in touch with
与…保持联络 have regular communication with
- touch forehead 摸额
- touch glasses 碰杯
- touch one's hat to sb 轻触帽檐向某人致意
- touch sb's heart 感动某人,触动某人的心弦
- touch sb's home 触到某人的痛处
- touch the television set to channel 4 把电视机调到四频道
- touch the wind 开足马力
- touch wine 沾酒
- touch accidentally 偶然触摸
- touch adequately 充分地触摸
- touch adversely 不利地影响
- touch affectionately 深情地抚摸
- touch aimlessly 无目的地触摸
- touch blindly 盲目地触摸
- touch briskly 轻松地触摸
- touch cautiously 小心翼翼地触摸
- touch characteristically 具有特色地轻击
- touch cheerfully 兴高采烈地触摸
- touch continuously 不停地轻击
- touch deeply 深刻地影响
- touch delicately 微妙地触摸
- touch desperately 极度渴望地触摸
- touch directly 直接影响
- touch discreetly 小心地触摸
- touch eagerly 热切地触摸
- touch excitedly 激动地触摸
- touch expertly 熟练地触摸
- touch feebly 无力地轻击
- touch fervidly 充满激情地触摸
- touch freely 随意地触摸
- touch gently 轻轻地触摸
- touch genuinely 真正触摸
- touch gravely 严重地影响
- touch greatly 大大地影响
- touch immediately 立刻影响(到)
- touch indirectly 间接影响
- touch inexpressibly 无法形容地触摸
- touch materially 大大地影响
- touch personally 个人影响
- touch profoundly 深刻地影响
- touch quietly 静静地触摸
- touch respectfully 谨慎地触摸
- touch rhythmically 有节奏地轻击
- touch seriously 严重地影响
- touch severely 严重影响
- touch softly 柔和地触摸
- touch spontaneously 自然地轻击
- touch strongly 深刻地影响
- touch timidly 胆怯地触摸
- touch unconsciously 不知不觉地影响
- touch unkindly 非善意地触摸
- touch vitally 极大地影响
- touch down (飞机)着陆,落地
- touch down at the airport 降落在机场
- touch in 增改,添画
- touch in a few patches of colour with a fine brush 用细笔略加几笔色彩来润色一下
- touch off 超过,草草写,发射,释放,引起
- touch off a new wave of protest 引起新的抗议浪潮
- touch up 润色,完成,唤醒,对…起刺激作用
- touch up the picture 对此画作修改
- touch at 短暂停留
- touch at Sydney (船)在悉尼停靠
- touch at three ports (船)短暂停靠三个港口
- touch for 征求,要求
- touch sb for a loan 向某人借款
- touch on〔upon〕 简略地论述,涉及,与…有关
- touch on many questions 涉及许多问题
- touch on the question of the emancipation of women 稍稍谈了一下妇女解放问题
- touch on the subject 简明扼要地谈这个问题
- touch sb on the shoulder 在某人肩上轻轻拍一下
- touch sb to the heart 使某人深深感动
- touch sb to the quick 使某人伤心透了
- touch with pink 带有一点粉红色
- get in touch 保持联系
- give sb a touch 碰碰某人
- lose touch 失去联系
- put the touches on〔to〕 sth 对某事作润色
- stay in touch 保持联系
- gentle touch 轻轻地碰
- heavy touch 重重地碰
- light touch 轻轻地碰
- soft touch 轻轻地碰
- the slightest touch 一点,少许
- finishing touches 最后的润色
- firm touch 笔法一丝不苟
- common touch 平易近人的品质,亲切和蔼的品质
- personal touch 个人的风格
- man's touch 男士的风格
- woman's touch 女士的风格
- at a touch 一接触
- in touch with sb 与某人保持联系
- out of touch with sb 与某人失去联系
- to the touch 摸上去的感觉
- a touch of fever 低烧
- a touch of pain 微痛
- a touch of salt 少许盐
- a touch of self-interest 一点私心
- touch on the arm 碰手臂
- touch on the piano 弹钢琴
- touch with friends 与朋友们的联系
Eddy..feels a shy touch at his wrist.出自： J. C. Oates
She touched my shoulder lightly.出自： A. Davies
I touched the..glass with my finger.出自： I. Murdoch
- touch 还可译为“吃”“喝”“比得来”,这时多用于否定结构。
- 在表示触及某人身体的具体部位时,要用 touch sb on...结构。
- touch表示“触,碰,摸”“触觉”“轻按,轻击”“笔画,笔触,润色”“少许,一点”“(心理或道德上的)理解力; 了解,技巧,手腕”时,是可数名词。泛指一般概念的“接触,联系”等时,用作不可数名词。
- touch, affect, move
- move指足以产生某一行动或情感的流露、表露; affect则强调“怜悯”“温柔”,是普通用词; touch是语气更强烈的词,含有“哀泣”的意味。例如:
- She was deeply affected by the news of his death.他去世的消息使她深感悲痛。
- His sad story so touched us that we nearly cried.他那悲惨的遭遇深深打动了我们,使我们几乎要哭出声来。
- touch, approach, equal, match
- 1.equal和match都可表示达到同一水平或标准,不存在差别; equal侧重“相等”; match侧重“相匹敌”。另外, match主要用于力量、表现、兴趣、美感等方面; 而 equal 主要用在数量、价值、程度等方面。例如:
- The pattern on this material matches that of the sofa.这块料上的图案与沙发上的相当。
- 2.approach和touch都表示该事物非常接近另一事物, touch的意思是“赶得上”,两者的差别几乎看不出来; 而approach表示的差别虽微乎其微,但却可看出,即approach表示的差别比touch大些。另外, approach的意思是“向…接近”,表示一个持续的动作,所以可用于进行体,而touch则不能用于进行体。例如:
- His work is approaching perfection.他的作品接近完美无缺。
- No one can touch him as an actor of tragic roles.作为一个扮演悲剧角色的演员,没人能够赶得上他。
- touch, contact
- 这两个词都可表示“接触”“联系”。其区别在于:touch指具体的、感觉器官的接触,并暗示这类接触所带来的优美或亲密的感觉; 而contact指抽象的接触,仅指“联系”而身体未必接触。例如:
- I must contact my lawyer before I make my final decisions.在作出最后决定以前,我必须先同我的律师联系一下。
- Until recently, this remote tribe had contacted little with the outside world.这个边远的部落直到最近和外界几乎没什么联系。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的touchier，意为尝试，击打；最初源自通俗拉丁语的toccare，意为敲打，打击。