characterized by intense emotion;
"an ardent lover"
"a fervent desire to change society"
"a fervent admirer"
"an impassioned appeal"
"a torrid love affair"
"the fervent heat...merely communicated a genial warmth to their half-torpid systems"
"set out...when the fervid heat subsides"
- It assailed her with all the violence of her fervid imagination.
- He was a ready scholar as you are, but more fervid and impatient.
- Quality is the base of Market, Goodwill erected by fervid service.
- Pass by the fervid flowers that press themselves on your sight.
- But the fervid facility of his impromptus could not be so accounted for.
- In the vale of Enna there is a lake embowered in woods, which screen it from the fervid rays of the sun.
It was so pleasing to find a breeze up there allaying the fervid afternoon.出自： Quiller