- [S]大气,大气层 the mixture of gases that surrounds the earth
- [U]空气 air in or around a place
- [C]气氛,环境 mood; feeling in the mind that is created by a group of people or a place
a particular environment or surrounding influence;
"there was an atmosphere of excitement"
a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
the mass of air surrounding the Earth;
"there was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"
"it was exposed to the air"
the weather or climate at some place;
"the atmosphere was thick with fog"
the envelope of gases surrounding any celestial body
a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing;
"an air of mystery"
"the house had a neglected air"
"an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"
"the place had an aura of romance"
- The burning of fossil fuels results in the pollution of the atmosphere.
- The atmosphere of the city is very much polluted.
- The atmosphere is very stuffy here and can we open a window?
- The atmosphere changed as soon as she walked in.
- The atmosphere over dinner was warm and friendly.
- The atmosphere pressure gradient is an inverse measure of the spacing of the isobars on a weather map.
- The water droplets ejected by the gun expand in the atmosphere because it is at lower pressure than the air used to make the droplets.
- Changes in the climate are due to pollution of the atmosphere.
- There were no windows to admit a moist atmosphere.
- There is an atmosphere of peace and calm in the country quite different from the atmosphere of a big city.
- clear the atmosphere 消除误会
- create atmosphere of 创造
- enliven the atmosphere 活跃气氛
- live in an atmosphere of 生活在…环境中
The earth's atmosphere decreases so rapidly in density, that half its mass is within 3 1 / 2 miles above the sea; and at 80 miles high there can be practically no atmosphere.出自： E. Denison
The atmosphere of Mars contains about 95 percent carbon dioxide.出自： B. Lovell
It must be..some trick of the atmosphere, the stillness and dryness of the air.出自： W. Boyd