- n. 学说；理论；原理；意见
- [C]学说 a reasonable or scientifically acceptable explanation for a fact or event
- [U]理论,原理 general principles and knowledge as opposed to practical methods or skills
- [C]意见,看法 opinion or supposition, not necessarily based on reasoning
a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena;
"theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"
"true in fact and theory"
a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena;
"a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"
"he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
a belief that can guide behavior;
"the architect has a theory that more is less"
"they killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"
- There're many theories about the origin of life.
- In theory, anything could happen.
- Not everyone can understand Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
- In his book, he explained the operating theories of computer in detail.
- Mary is full of fascinating theories about men and women.
- She has a theory that drinking milk prevents cold.
- There are many theories about the origin of life.
- Your plan sounds fine in theory.
- He was studying music theory.
- She has a theory that drinking milk prevents colds.
- abstract〔crude〕 theory 抽象〔不成熟〕的理论
My aunts and uncle had..no theories about child upbringing.出自： Day Lewis
- hypothesis 假说
- idea 主意
- supposition 假设
- speculation 推测
- explanation 解释
- thought 思想
- judgment 裁判
- attitude 态度
- conception 概念
- view 视野
- inference 推理
- impression 印象
- opinion 意见
- thesis 毕业论文
- sentiment 情绪
- abstraction 抽象
- feeling 感觉
- proposition 提议
- philosophy 哲学
- model 模范
- concept 观念
- system 系统
- scheme 阴谋
- notion 观念
- principle 原理
- belief 信念
- rule 规则
- premise 前提
- conjecture 推测
- presumption 推测
- assumption 假定
- guess 推测
- law 法律
- possibility 可能
- practice 练习