- [C]学说 a reasonable or scientifically acceptable explanation for a fact or event
- [U]理论,原理 general principles and knowledge as opposed to practical methods or skills
- [C]意见,看法 opinion or supposition, not necessarily based on reasoning
- a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena;
"theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"
"true in fact and theory"
- a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena;
"a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"
"he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
- a belief that can guide behavior;
"the architect has a theory that more is less"
"they killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"
- There're many theories about the origin of life.
- In theory, anything could happen.
- In his book, he explained the operating theories of computer in detail.
- Mary is full of fascinating theories about men and women.
- She has a theory that drinking milk prevents cold.
There are many theories about the origin of life.
Your plan sounds fine in theory.
He was studying music theory.
She has a theory that drinking milk prevents colds.
- abstract〔crude〕 theory 抽象〔不成熟〕的理论
My aunts and uncle had..no theories about child upbringing.出自：Day Lewis
- theory:theory n. 理论, 学说, ...论, 原理, 意见, 推测 英英解释:名词theory:1. a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect…