- [U][C]思索,思考; 思维能力; 思考的过程 (act, power or process of) thinking
- [U]思想,思潮 way of thinking that is characteristic of a particular period
- [U][C]关心,注意,考虑 care; consideration
- [P]想法,见解,观点 idea or opinion
- [C][U]意向,意图 intention
the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about;
"it was not a good idea"
"the thought never entered my mind"
the process of using your mind to consider something carefully;
"thinking always made him frown"
"she paused for thought"
the organized beliefs of a period or group or individual;
"19th century thought"
a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty;
"my opinion differs from yours"
"I am not of your persuasion"
"what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
- The old man was lost in thought and did not hear us come in.
- Art is the mold of feeling as language is the mold of thought.
- They stood possessed by the same thought.
- The thought nerved me to make an other effort.
- She lingered on the thought of her loved ones.
- Let my thought comes to you. When I am gone, like the afterglow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.
- Learn new culture, create new thought, establish new idea and reach new success.
- What I dread is to get into a rut. One yearns for freshness of thought and ideas.
- Take no thought for your future needs.
- It's the thought that counts.
- Don't give it another thought.
- His thought is beyond the reach of my imagination .
- This fable arouses in us thought as well as laughter.
- We now find ourselves much closer to the working people in thought and feeling.
- He threw it without thought.
- She often acts without thought.
- This problem calls for careful thought.
- She was deep in thought.
- On seeing the picture,I let my thoughts run back over my childhood.
- That boy's thoughts are always running on food.
- My thoughts were running upon the past.
- My thoughts kept returning to the contents of the letter I had just received.
- During this long time he had always remained in my thoughts.
- There seemed to be little that Grace could do to take her thoughts off that red-haired boy.
- A thousand conflicting thoughts rushed through his mind.
- He was well-read in all these schools of thought current at the time.
- The thought comforted him.
- The thought came to him that maybe Tom had already gone.
- This thought filled me with pleasure.
- One wrong thought may cause a lifelong regret.
- That is not a very comforting thought.
- I put down my thoughts in the notebook.
- His words are in complete accord with his thoughts.
- He thinks noble thoughts.
- If you had any thought for your parents you would not grieve them in this way.
- Spare a thought for those less fortunate than you.
- He has no thought for others.
- Norman Bethune will always be remembered for his utter devotion to others without any thought of himself.
- The thought of resigning never crossed my mind.
- She had no thought of going.
- He said he had no thought of hurting my feelings.
- Just the thought of eating snails makes me want to throw up.
- Do you have the thought of going to China this summer?
- I have given considerable thought to the matter.
- We are all turning our thoughts to the question.
- at the thought of
一想到…(就) as soon as thinking of
- collect one's thoughts
集中思想,整理思路 gather one's thoughts; put one's thoughts together
- read sb's thoughts
看出某人的心思〔想法〕 understand what sb is thinking about
- second thought(s)
改变后的想法 change of opinion after reconsidering
- train of thought
思路 sequence in which one's thinking runs
- abandon the thoughts of 抛弃…的想法
- bare one's thoughts 暴露意图
- collect one's thoughts 集中思想
- distract sb's thought 使某人分心
- express thoughts 表达思想
- gather one's thoughts 集中思想
- get rid of thought of 清除…的想法
- give thought to 考虑,想
- give up the thoughts of 抛弃…的想法
- have a thought 抱有某种想法
- interrupt thoughts 打断思绪
- keep one's thoughts to oneself 把想法闷在自己肚里
- organize thought 组织思路
- pour out one's thoughts 倾诉自己的思想
- present one's thoughts 表达自己的想法
- read sb's thoughts 看出…的心思
- reveal one's thoughts 披露自己的思想
- take thought for the tomorrow 为未来作打算
- understand sb's thought 明白某人的意思
- waste thoughts 花费心思
- beautiful thoughts 美丽的思想
- central thought 中心思想
- deep thought 沉思
- essential thought 要旨
- evil thought 邪恶的念头
- gloomy thoughts 悲观的想法
- half-formed thoughts 尚未成熟的思想
- happy thought 巧妙的想法
- independent thought 独立思考
- innermost thoughts 心灵深处的思想
- logical thought 有逻辑性的想法
- modern thought 现代思潮
- much thought 仔细考虑
- new thought 新的想法
- only thought 唯一的想法
- original thought 创见
- passing thought 一闪而过的念头
- positive thoughts 积极的思想
- private thought 内心的想法
- profound thought 深刻的思想
- pure thoughts 纯洁的思想
- scientific thought 科学思想
- serious thought 郑重考虑
- sick thoughts 不健康的思想
- sober thought 理智的思想
- terrible thought 可怕的想法
- unclean thought 淫秽思想
- vagrant thoughts 随想
- wicked thoughts 邪念
- after thought 经过考虑之后
- at first thought 乍一想
- at the thought of 一想到
- beyond thought 想象不到
- in thought 在想,在思想上,沉思
- in thought and deed 想的和做的
- on first thought 乍一想
- on second thought(s) 经仔细考虑后
- upon a thought 立刻,马上
- with a thought 立刻,马上
- without thought 不加考虑地,贸然
- without a moment's thought 立刻
- thought on this matter 对此事的想法
Whether Brutes are capable of thought?出自： J. Norris
Psychology..analyses the transition from sense to thought.出自： B. Jowett
Stripped of love And thought and grace.出自： R. S. Thomas
- thought作“关心,注意,考虑”解时,常与介词for连用; 作“想法,见解,观点”解时,常用于复数形式; 作“意向,意图”解时,常与“of+ v -ing”结构连用。
- thought可统指“思想”，表示“一个思想”时，用a thought，但表示多个时，用thoughts；
- thoughts是指具体想法、看法，thought则是指思索、思考的过程、有系统的思想或思潮，如Marxist thought；
- in deep thought和deep in thought都表示“陷入沉思”的意思。
- have (some) thoughts of doing和have a thought of doing都是“考虑做某事”的意思。
- thought, concept, conception, idea, notion
- It is impossible for a blind man to have a conception of colours.盲人不可能有颜色的概念。
- Science has overturned many old conception of the universe.科学推翻了人们对于宇宙的许多陈旧概念。
- These basic concepts must be kept in mind in our discussion of China's cultural problems.我们讨论中国文化问题时,不能忘记这些基本概念。
- Her notion of delta was a lot of channels and islands.她所理解的三角洲就是许多水道和岛屿。
- Please let me have your thoughts on the matter.请告诉我你对这个问题的想法。
- The thesis is on the scientific thought in the 19th century.这篇论文论述了19世纪的科学思想。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的thoht，意为想法，同情。