- [C]概念,观念,看法 an idea, belief or opinion in one's mind; concept
- [C]突然的念头,奇想; 意图,打算 a sudden desire; intention
- a vague idea in which some confidence is placed;
"his impression of her was favorable"
"what are your feelings about the crisis?"
"it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"
"I had a feeling that she was lying"
- a general inclusive concept
- an odd or fanciful or capricious idea;
"the theatrical notion of disguise is associated with disaster in his stories"
"he had a whimsy about flying to the moon"
"whimsy can be humorous to someone with time to enjoy it"
- (usually plural) small personal articles or clothing or sewing items;
"buttons and needles are notions"
- State control is a very un-American notion.
- They want a system based on the notions of personal equality and liberty.
- We had a notion that he was telling a lie.
- She dinged the notion into our ears.
One common Chinese notion is that the elders ought to be respected.
He has no notion of economy.
Your head is full of silly notions.
He had a sudden notion to visit all his relatives.
He had no notion of running the risk.
He has no notion of the difficulty of this problem.
I haven't the faintest notion what you're talking about.
A first notion is the concept of a thing as it exists itself.出自：W. Hamilton
Happy the soldier home, with not a notion How somewhere, every dawn, some men attack.出自：W. Owen
Not the objective facts of nature, nor any abstract notion based on those facts.出自：H. Read
I have no notion what we talked about.出自：Day Lewis
The notion of Judgment Day was as tangible as the weather.出自：J. Irving
He must have some notion (of) what happened last week.
I have no notion (of) whose house this is.
Have you any notion (of) when he will come?
- notion作“突然的念头,奇想,意图,打算”解时常接动词不定式或“of+ v -ing”作定语。
- notion作“理解,明白”解时前面常用no, any, some修饰,其后可接of引导的介词短语,也可接what引导的同位语从句。
- notion, concept, conception, idea, thought
这组词都可表示“想法,概念”。其区别是：idea是日常用语,使用范围广,指一种“想法”,也可用于学术方面,指“观念”“概念”。conception所指的“概念”“观念”“想法”是哲学用语,指理性的认识与概括的结果。concept指从同类事物中归纳出来的“基本概念”，也指一般人们对某一事物所持有的“观念”。例如:It is impossible for a blind man to have a conception of colours.盲人不可能有颜色的概念。Science has overturned many old conception of the universe.科学推翻了人们对于宇宙的许多陈旧概念。These basic concepts must be kept in mind in our discussion of China's cultural problems.我们讨论中国文化问题时,不能忘记这些基本概念。notion作“想法”“见解”解时是日常用语,指模糊的观念,无定见的思想活动,一般可和idea通用,但不能作学术用语。例如:Her notion of delta was a lot of channels and islands.她所理解的三角洲就是许多水道和岛屿。thought作“思想”“思维活动”解时指经过推理与思考而产生的看法,也指较全面、较系统的思想。例如:Please let me have your thoughts on the matter.请告诉我你对这个问题的想法。The thesis is on the scientific thought in the 19th century.这篇论文论述了19世纪的科学思想。
- idea concept conception thought notion impression
- notion:notion n. 概念, 观念, 想法, 意见, 打算, 主张, (复数)小饰物习惯用语have a good notion of 很懂得have a notion that... 认为have n…