- prep. 到处；在 ... 附近；围绕；大约；符合
- adv. 到处；在周围；现有；闲散地；转弯；掉头
- adj. 存在的；在风行的
- 在周围,在附近 in the surrounding area; near
- 到处,四周 here and there; in many direction
- 大约 approximately
- 〈主美〉以圆周计算 measured in a circle
- 旋转地，迂回地 moving in a circle
- 朝着相反方向，向着对立面 facing the opposite direction
- 恢复过来 recovering
- (在某一领域或行业中)活跃的；突出的；知名的 active, prominent and famous in a particular field or profession
- 现存的；活着的 being in existence
- 流通着的；可利用的 in circulation; available
- 见过世面的；阅历广的；经验丰富的 seasoned; veteran
- (表示位置)围绕,绕在; 在…各处,在…范围之内; 在…附近,在…周围 on all sides of; surrounding; in some place near; in the area of
- (表示方向)绕过,越过; 朝…的四周,往…的四周 so as to avoid or get past; to many places within
- (表示状态)包着,裹着; 在…身边,接近(某人) form a circle of (sth); near to sb
- (表示依据)以…为中心,根据 having a center or base in
in the area or vicinity;
"a few spectators standing about"
"waited around for the next flight"
by a circular or circuitous route;
"He came all the way around the base"
"the road goes around the pond"
used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction;
"wandering about with no place to go"
"people were rushing about"
"news gets around (or about)"
"traveled around in Asia"
"he needs advice from someone who's been around"
"she sleeps around"
in a circle or circular motion;
"The wheels are spinning around"
(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct;
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he's about 30 years old"
"I've had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundred pounds"
"holds 3 gallons, more or less"
"20 or so people were at the party"
in or to a reversed position or direction;
"suddenly she turned around"
to a particular destination either specified or understood;
"she came around to see me"
"I invited them around for supper"
all around or on all sides;
"dirty clothes lying around (or about)"
"let's look about for help"
"There were trees growing all around"
"she looked around her"
"the trunk is ten feet around"
"the pond is two miles around"
from beginning to end; throughout;
"It rains all year round on Skye"
"frigid weather the year around"
- He runs around the playground.
- I saw him around the place this morning.
- The earth moves around the sun.
- There're around 1000 employees in this company.
- I can't arrange everything around your timetable.
- We have travelled around in Europe for six weeks.
- You have 15 minutes to look around.
- There was more money around in those days.
- There were several young people sitting around looking bored.
- He turned around as he heard a noise behind him.
- He is the most intelligent artist around today.
- There are many new cars around.
- I can see some people around.
- I traveled around for a few years.
- A dense fog lay around.
- The press was gathering in front, looking around.
- I'll be back at around 5 o'clock.
- It costs around 10 dollars.
- I'll come back around lunch time.
- The wheels turned around.
- He spun around like a top.
- The driveway to the house goes around past the stables.
- He turned around when he heard a noise behind him.
- Sit still and don't turn around.
- After our persuasion, he finally came around .
- See you soon,I expect—I'll be around.
- Is that famous singer still around?
- He's been around as a singer since the 1980's.
- That type of phone has been around for some years now.
- The play has been around for years.
- She's been around.
- If that was so, he had really been around.
- I hear laughter all around.
- There are farms and cottages scattered all over the moors for miles around.
- Do you know your way around?
- An old tree five feet around was cut down to make room for the new library.
- He is the most intelligent of the artists around today.
- There will be new potatoes around in the shops soon.
- There was a lot of money around in those days.
- The smelling salts brought her around.
- He has fainted, try to bring him around.
- A crowd collected around the singer.
- Anyone with a bad cold may infect the people around him.
- We sat around the table.
- After planting these seeds, saturate the earth around them.
- A crowd swarms around the entrance.
- Copernicus reasoned that the earth revolved around the sun.
- He had a towel wrapped around his waist.
- They walked around the town.
- He lives somewhere around London.
- They put flowers around the statue.
- I prowled around the lake admiring the beautiful scenery.
- Let's go around the town, not through it.
- Unable to meet the secretary, he went around her and spoke with White House aids.
- I look around the room and out the windows.
- I bound the cloth around my head to stop the bleeding.
- She had a blue scarf around her head.
- She tied a cord around her box.
- I've bought a seal to put around the edge of the bath.
- Only those guards around the officer understood his motives.
- Their society was built around a belief in God.
- His bravery was built around a belief in the justice of his cause.
- get one's tongue around 正确发出（难发音的词或姓名等的）音
- kick around 被到处乱丢于，被闲置于
- know one's way around 对…完全熟悉，通晓
- read around （为获得背景知识）阅读与…有关的书籍
- run circles around 比…做得出色
- show around 带领…参观（某地）
- stick around 呆在…附近，在…周围闲荡
- stop around 懒洋洋地在…周围走来走去
- turn sb around one's (little) finger 左右某人，任意摆布某人，完全控制某人
- twist sb around one's (little) finger 左右某人，任意摆布某人，完全控制某人
- walk around 回避
- wind sb around one's (little) finger 左右某人，任意摆布某人，完全控制某人
- wrap around 将…缠绕或围住某人〔某物〕
- swing around the circle （总统候选人等的）竞选旅行
The players closed around, flushed and muddy.出自： Joyce
A blue pigeon it is, that circles the blue sky,..around and round and round.出自： W. Stevens
He turned around.Like the moon, the artificial satellites move around the earth.
- around有一些固定的搭配，如around and about，around and above，all around等。而有时不可用around，如winter comes around，all the year around，win one around等；
She walked round the car and looked at the wheels.
We walked round the old part of the town.
Could you pass the cups round, please?
The children were running around/about everywhere.
- around, about, approximately, roughly
- around, round
- around, about, round
- 这三个词均可表示“在…周围”。about强调“在…附近”“接近”“靠…的周围”等意思,但不一定表示“把…团团围住”; around 和round则强调“围绕”“环绕”等意思,前者多用于美式英语中,而后者多用于英式英语中。
- about 关于
- approximately 大约
- near 近的
- nearby 附近的
- in 在 ... 里
- throughout 遍及
- close to 接近于
- nigh 近的
- peripherally 外围地
- backwards 向后
- all over 到处
- proximately 近似地
- recurrently 循环地(周而复始地)...
- repeatedly 重复地
- hereabout 在这附近
- circa 大约
- circuitously 曲折地
- indirectly 间接地
- just about 差不多
- over 在 ... 的上方...
- or so 大约
- through 通过
- beside 在 ... 旁边
- neighboring 附近的
- on 在 ... 之上
- close 关
- all around 四处
- close by 在旁边
- in the region of 在 ... 左右
- in reverse 相反
- here 这里
- present 礼物
- from place to place 各处
- near to 在 ... 近旁(靠近...
- all over the place 到处
- roundabout 绕道的
- next to 邻近
- adjacent to 靠近
- near here 在附近
- reverse 逆转
- circumference 圆周
- by 靠近
- all 所有的
- so 那么
- just 刚才
- or 或者
- to 对于
- next 下一个的
- roughly 粗略地
- adjacent 邻近的
- round 圆的
- adjoined 动词adjoin的过去式...
- with 用
- more or less 或多或少
- some 一些
- almost 几乎
- contiguous 邻近的
- nearly 几乎