- (空间)在近处,在附近 at a short distance away; near by
- (时间)临近,来临 with a short time between
- (程度)几乎,差不多,将近 not far from in degree
- (表示位置)靠近,在…接近 with a short distance between
- (表示时间)将近,快到,临近 with a short time between
- (表示程度)接近,近乎,濒临 not far from in degree
- (表示关系)与…近似; 与…紧密相关 not far from in quality
- (表示过程)到…去从事活动 going in for sth
- (表示数目)大约,接近 about
- 近的,不远的 within a short distance or time from sb/sth; not far
- 亲密的; 近亲的 closely related
- 近似,相似 similar
- vt. & vi. 走近; 靠近 come or draw near to; approach
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances;
"in the near future"
"they are near equals"
"his nearest approach to success"
"a very near thing"
"a near hit by the bomb"
"she was near tears"
"she was close to tears"
"had a close call"
- being on the left side;
"the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"
"the animal's left side is its near or nigh side"
- closely resembling the genuine article;
"a dress of near satin"
- giving or spending with reluctance;
"our cheeseparing administration"
"very close (or near) with his money"
"a penny-pinching miserly old man"
- with or in a close or intimate relationship;
"a good friend"
"my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
- very close in resemblance;
"sketched in an approximate likeness"
"a near likeness"
- near in time or place or relationship;
"as the wedding day drew near"
"stood near the door"
"don't shoot until they come near"
"getting near to the true explanation"
"her mother is always near"
"The end draws nigh"
"the bullet didn't come close"
"don't get too close to the fire"
- (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but;
"the job is (just) about done"
"the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"
"we're almost finished"
"the car all but ran her down"
"he nearly fainted"
"talked for nigh onto 2 hours"
"the recording is well-nigh perfect"
"virtually all the parties signed the contract"
"I was near exhausted by the run"
"most everyone agrees"
- move towards;
"We were approaching our destination"
"They are drawing near"
"The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- His flat's very near.
- We will meet in Beijing in the near future.
- The supermarket is very near to the station.
- Can you tell me the nearest way to the railway station?
- We don't have that color in stock, this is the nearest.
- He is very near with his money.
- I found some shops quite near.
- The Mid Autumn Festival is drawing near.
- I was near dead with fright.
- Lisa lives near.
- His clinic is near the newly-built railway station.
- He is near forty.
- My birthday is very near Christmas.
- Share prices are near their record high of last year.
- Nobody else comes near her in intellect.
- The company had staged a strong recovery from a point of near bankruptcy.
- He must be nearing home by now.
- The ship is nearing the land.
Please come nearer.
We live quite near.
The summer holidays are drawing near.
He was near frozen when they found him.
I was near killed in the accident.
The job is near impossible.
The work is nowhere near finished yet.
He came near falling.
The small child was afraid to go near the dog.
We were near him at the table.
Our house is near the river.
It's near five o'clock.
It is near Christmas.
Most views were fairly near the truth.
He has not been near the office for the past three days.
He never goes near a public house.
My father is near sixty.
He must be getting near retiring age.
Can you tell me the nearest way to the station?
We are near relatives.
Very often tragedies or near tragedies occurred.
The fire is dangerous to us as it is so near.
The post office is quite near.
Christmas is near.
The color is the nearest.
Storm clouds neared.
Christmas is nearing.
He got nervous as the day neared.
The harvest season nears.
The destination is nearing.
The boat was nearing the wharf.
The ship neared the land.
He must be nearing home by now.
When will we near the New York?
The work is nearing completion.
When the snake is neared by big animals, it will escape fast.
- as near as
达到…的准确程度as accurately as
There are about 100 people there, as near as I could judge. 就我所能判断的来说,那里约有100人。
- 达到…的准确程度as accurately as
- as near as make no differences
相差无几an amount, a measurement, etc. that is not significantly more or less
She was as near thirty as makes no differences the year war broke out. 战争爆发的那一年,她差不多30岁了。
- 相差无几an amount, a measurement, etc. that is not significantly more or less
- near to tears 几乎哭了
- near day 近日
- quite near 相当近
- near at hand 近在手边
The near kin of Meg were all in California.出自：D. H. Lawrence
She is Robert's near relative.出自：E. Bowen
The near in blood, The nearer bloody.出自：Macbeth,Shakespeare
Eva had come gradually nearer and nearer to her father.出自：H. B. Stowe
Now the hour of sunset was near.出自：B. Jowett
There was uneasiness..lest some danger might be near.出自：G. Stein
- near, beside, by, on
这组词的共同意思是“靠近,在…旁边”。beside是一般用语,其宾语可以是表示任何人或事物的名词; by强调“紧贴”,其宾语可以是一般的人或事物,但更常见的是side或含有side的名词; near所指的距离要比by远得多,其宾语可是任何表示人或事物的名词; on一般表示与江〔河,湖,海〕岸或铁路线呈线状的地点相接触,含有“邻接,濒临”的意思。
- near, nearby
- near, close
这两个词的共同意思是“靠近的,接近的”。其区别是：1.强调距离或数量上的“接近”用close更多些; 而强调关系或程度上的“接近”则用near更多些。2.near的语气要比close弱。例如:Near by is a department store.附近有一家百货商店。This is a near translation.这是一篇接近原文的翻译。
- How near is the station from here?
- How near is the station to here?
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的anvigia，意为更近的。
- near:near adj. 亲近的, 亲密的, 近, (车, 马等)左侧的, 吝啬的adv. (时间, 空间方面)近, 不远prep. 在...近旁, 近...v. 接近, 走近习惯用语come near (…