- v. 逆转；倒退；互换；改变
- adj. 相反的；反面的；颠倒的
- n. 相反；背面；失败；倒档
- 【机】（使）倒退， 使倒开，倒退行驶
- 彻底改变， 完全改变
- 【机】回动 ，回动装置
- vt. & vi. 反转; 颠倒; 翻转 turn the other way round or up or inside out
- vt. 使倒退 cause to go in the opposite direction
- [A]相反的,颠倒的,反向的 opposite to the usual or former, especially in position or direction
- [S]相反 the opposite; the other way round
- [S]钱币的反面〔背面〕 the side of a coin that does not show the ruler's head
- [C]失败,挫败 a defeat or change to a worse condition
- [U]倒车挡; 倒转装置 gear for backwards movement
a relation of direct opposition;
"we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
the gears by which the motion of a machine can be reversed
an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
the side of a coin or medal that does not bear the principal design
(American football) a running play in which a back running in one direction hands the ball to a back running in the opposite direction
turning in the opposite direction
directed or moving toward the rear;
"a rearward glance"
"a rearward movement"
of the transmission gear causing backward movement in a motor vehicle;
"in reverse gear"
reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect
change to the contrary;
"The trend was reversed"
"the tides turned against him"
"public opinion turned when it was revealed that the president had an affair with a White House intern"
turn inside out or upside down
"The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
"He revoked the ban on smoking"
"lift an embargo"
"vacate a death sentence"
reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of;
"when forming a question, invert the subject and the verb"
- The government has failed to reverse the economic decline.
- He reversed the car into a tree.
- Statistics showed a reverse trend to that recorded in other countries.
- Count down in reverse order 10, 9, 8...
倒数--10、 9、 8...
- In hot weather, the reverse happens.
- There's a picture of an eagle on the reverse of the coin.
- Put the car into reverse.
- reverse appreciably 明显地改变
- reverse automatically 自动地改变
- reverse dramatically 戏剧性地改变
- reverse exactly 恰恰相反
- financial reverse 经济上的挫折
- serious〔slight〕 reverse 严重〔轻微〕的挫折
- severe reverse 惨败
- tactical reverse 战术上的失败
- unexpected reverse 出乎意料的不幸遭遇
- in reverse 相反,反之
- put a car in reverse 使汽车倒退
- take the enemy in reverse 从背面攻击敌人
- on the reverse 在背面,(汽车)倒开着
If my father's relatives were hard.., my mother's were the reverse: all gentle.出自： E. Blishen
What was..printed represented the reverse of his views.出自： D. Halberstam
Judicial decisions cannot be reversed by Parliament.出自： R. Scruton
- reversely adv. 颠倒地,相反‖reversible adj. 可颠倒的；可翻转的