- =Near End Crosstalk，近端串扰（音）
- 紧接在后的,次于的 coming immediately after sb/sth in order, space or time
- 贴近的,紧邻的 closest, adjacent
- 接下去,然后 after this or that; then
- 居后,次于 taking the following place in order
immediately following in time or order;
"the following day"
"next in line"
"the next president"
"the next item on the list"
nearest in space or position; immediately adjoining without intervening space;
"had adjacent rooms"
"in the next room"
"the person sitting next to me"
"our rooms were side by side"
(of elected officers) elected but not yet serving;
"our next president"
at the time or occasion immediately following;
"next the doctor examined his back"
- If I miss this train I'll catch the next one.
- Let's pass on to the next item on the agenda.
- The next best thing would be to tell him the truth.
- She's in the room next door to her parents.
- There was a burst of laughter in the next room.
- Next, there was the matter of her clothes.
- They wrangled over what to do next.
- Next, the wheat is ground into flour at the mill.
- What will you do next?
- We may go out next Sunday, but that depends.
- The man has been designated by the President as the next Secretary of State.
- He announced the next singer in the show.
- He is eyeing a run for the Senate next year.
- I advise you to be very careful over the next several weeks, old Sanders is gunning for you.
- Something will happen during the next decade.
- She conditioned her acceptance of the gift on his coming to dinner next evening.
- He contrasted his son with the boy next door.
- His reply is next door to a refusal.
- The next house to ours is a mile away.
- The next meeting will convene on coming Sunday at the same place.
- Let's take the next train.
- Raising the output of steel to 12,000,000 tons is our next objective.
- What's our next move?
- The next two chapters deal with music.
- What are you going to do next?
- When shall we meet next?
- John arrived first and Jane came next.
When a Fox is very much troubled with Fleas, he goes into the next pool.出自： Addison
Music was borne in from the next room.出自： E. Waugh
Perched on a stool next to her is her friend Barbara.出自：Esquire
- next用作形容词可指位置、时间顺序上紧挨着。用于时间时,表示的是以现在为标准,则其前不加the,意思是“下(年、月、日)等”; 如果与特定时间有联系,其前要加the。表示顺序时,意为“下一个,紧接着的”,其前一定要加the。
- This is the next longest river in the country.
- This is the next to the longest river in the country.
- This is the second longest river in the country.
- This is the longest river but one in the country.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的niehsta，意为最近的。