(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct;
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he's about 30 years old"
"I've had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundred pounds"
"holds 3 gallons, more or less"
"20 or so people were at the party"
- This is a close approximation to the truth.
- I guess it may be similar to the Hindu culture.
- hold one's cards close to one's closet 秘而不宣
- close to the wind 迎风航行
- draw to a close 结束(告终)
- close one's ears to 拒听
- close one's eyes to 闭眼不看,拒绝注意;...
- close to the bone 接近事实
- close to one's heart 使one所爱; 对o...
- play it close to the chest 对自己的意图或行动秘...
- sail close to the wind 切风航行(行为失检...
- bring to a close 结束, 使终止...
- lay close to 接近(紧跟)
- come to a close 渐近结束
- live close to one's belly 勉强糊口,挣一天吃一...
- close to home 触到痛处(说得太露骨...
- bring an issue to a close 把问题解决
- keep one's cards close to one's closet 秘而不宣