- 几乎,差不多 almost; not quite or not yet completely
(of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but;
"the job is (just) about done"
"the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"
"we're almost finished"
"the car all but ran her down"
"he nearly fainted"
"talked for nigh onto 2 hours"
"the recording is well-nigh perfect"
"virtually all the parties signed the contract"
"I was near exhausted by the run"
"most everyone agrees"
in a close manner;
"the two phenomena are intimately connected"
"the person most nearly concerned"
- Nearly all of them kept aloof from such doctrines.
- That fever nearly finished him off.
- He plays golf nearly every weekend.
- They sat so close that their heads nearly touched.
- This matter concerns you very nearly.
- He can nearly swim.
- I was nearly killed in the accident.
- The wind was so strong that people were nearly blown away as they waited for buses.
- Joe had a close call when his motorbike nearly collided with a lorry.
- I was nearly drowned last night, but was fortunate enough to be saved.
- He was nearly driven mad by his troubles.
- Suddenly the car in front of us drew out and nearly caused an accident.
- The car is pretty nearly new.
- Strange thoughts float through my mind when I am nearly asleep.
- Cars, trucks and buses produce exhaust nearly as harmful as the factories.
- The patient, who had been asleep for nearly three hours, began to move his body.
- Now that they've decided to build a shopping centre, nearly a hundred local people are going to be booked out of their homes.
- After nearly one year, the bike he lost was returned to him.
- You're nearly twenty, yet you keep saying silly things like that.
- She was quite surprised when she was told that she owed them nearly twenty pounds.
- Time is nearly up.
- She stood nearly outside the door.
- We'd better stop at the garage to fill up, we're nearly out of petrol.
- Nearly all of the people believed him because he was a very good man.
- Nearly every building was damaged in the earthquake.
- I used to go out nearly every night but I decided to cut it out because I couldn't really afford it.
- not nearly
远非,完全不 far from; much less than
- nearly a hundred 将近100
- nearly a month later 大约在一个月后
- nearly equal amounts 几乎相等的数值
- nearly evening 将近黄昏
- nearly time 快到时候
His liveries, his cognizance, his feats of arms..were nearly watched.出自： Sir W. Scott
- nearly可用在all, every之类的词之前。
- not nearly的意思是“远非”,不可误解为“几乎不”。
- nearly, almost
- There are almost〔nearly〕 enough people here to do the job.做这项工作,这些人手差不多够了。
- Well, it happened almost〔nearly〕 ten years ago.这差不多是十年以前的事了。
- 3.在all, always, every等词前。例如：
- Almost〔nearly〕 every student spoke.几乎每个学生都发了言。
- He almost〔nearly〕 arrived late.他几乎总是迟到。
- 1.从含义上说, almost强调“十分接近”,而nearly强调“尚有不足”,所以在表示“想要做而没做成”“很可能发生但还未发生”时,要用nearly; 而表示“简直”“像”等意思时,要用almost。例如：
- I nearly committed a great error.我几乎犯了大错。
- Please wait a minute.I'm almost out of breath.请等一下,我简直喘不过气来了。
- It was almost like a dream.这简直就像一场梦。
- I nearly fell off my bike.
- I almost fell off my bike.
- He almost dreaded a visit to the doctor.他几乎害怕去看病。
- She almost wanted to leave here.她几乎想离开这里。
- 2.从程度上说, almost比nearly更接近。例如：
- We're nearly there.
- We're almost there.
- I'm nearly as clever as you.
- I'm almost as clever as you.
- It is nearly time for class.
- It is almost time for class.
- ［误］ Our cat understands everything— she's almost human.
- ［正］ Our cat understands everything— she's nearly human.
- ［误］ My aunt almost sounds foreign.
- ［正］ My aunt nearly sounds foreign.
- 4.从语气上说, almost只是一般陈述; 而nearly则具有较明显的惊讶、抱怨等感情色彩。试比较以下两个句子：
- It cost me almost a hundred yuan .
- It cost me nearly a hundred yuan .
- It's almost 40 minutes' walk to the park.
- It's nearly 40 minutes' walk to the park.
- 5.与no, none, nothing等连用,只能用almost而不能用nearly; 反之,与not, never连用,只能用nearly而不能用almost(但美式英语可说almost never)。例如：
- There are not nearly enough people here to do the job.干这活儿,这些人手还远不够。
- We almost never traverse tortuous paths.(AmE)我们难得走弯路。
- 6.在more than, too前用almost,不用nearly。例如：
- That's almost too much!那简直太过分了!
- This is almost more than we feared.这简直远远超过我们所害怕的情况。
- 7.nearly可加very, pretty等修饰,而almost不可。
误 I nearly never see her.
正 I almost never see her.
析 nearly不能和never, no, none, nothing, nobody, nowhere, no one连用; 但almost却可以和这些词连用。