- (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct;
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he's about 30 years old"
"I've had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundred pounds"
"holds 3 gallons, more or less"
"20 or so people were at the party"
- with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly');
"he was pushed roughly aside"
"they treated him rough"
- with rough motion as over a rough surface;
- There were roughly 200 people there.
- They all left at roughly the same time.
- The speaker was roughly handled by the mob.
- The oven was made of a roughly built cube of fire-bricks.
- He pushed her roughly out of the door.
- almost nearly about approximately around roughly
- roughly:roughly adv. 概略地, 粗糙地…