- adj. 圆的；球形的；丰满的；完整的；整数的；不确切的；大量的；坦率的；严厉粗暴的
- adv. 环绕地；周长；调转方向；依次；到某处
- prep. 围绕；在另一侧；四处
- n. 一局(轮)；常规活动；巡视；圆形物；(由一人给大家买的)一巡饮料；一整片面包；一阵(掌声)；一发(子弹)
- v. 绕行；弄圆；使成为整数
- 圆形的,球形的 shaped like a circle or ball
- 滚圆的,丰满的 (of a part of the body) fat and curved
- [A]用整数表示的,取整数的,完整的 (of a number) full; complete
- 绕圈子,围绕地 with a circular movement; spinning in a circle
- 在周围,在附近 in a circular position or arrangement; surrounding a central point
- 到处; 四处 to various places
- 去某地点 to a particular place
- 遍及地; 逐一地,挨个地 all over the place; in or into all parts; everywhere or everyone in a place
- 朝反方向 so as to face the other way or the stated way
- 大约,大概 approximately
- (表示位置)在…四周,围绕于…; 向〔在〕…各处,遍及; 在…附近 covering or at points close to the edge of sth; into all parts of; all over a place
- (表示时间)从…的开始到结束,在…整个期间 from the beginning to the end; during the whole period of
- (表示方向)环绕,围绕; 往〔在〕…的另一边,绕过 with a circular movement about a center point; to or at a point on the other side of sth
- (表示状态)团结在…周围,跟随着 circling sb/sth
- (表示论及)关于…的解决办法〔途径〕 concerning the way of resolving problems
- [C]圆(片)形食物; 圆; 圆形物 (of food) sth round; a round piece or shape
- [C]一回合,一局,一场 stage in a game, competition, etc.
- [C]一连串,一系列,一套,一组; 一阵 set or series; burst
- [C]巡视(路线); 巡回(路线) regular series, succession, route, etc.
- [C]循环,周期 circulate and become widespread
- vt. & vi. (使)成圆形 become round; make round
- vt. & vi. 绕行 go round
a charge of ammunition for a single shot
an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs;
"the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
a regular route for a sentry or policeman;
"in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
(often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order);
"the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning"
"the postman's rounds"
"we enjoyed our round of the local bars"
the activity of playing 18 holes of golf;
"a round of golf takes about 4 hours"
the usual activities in your day;
"the doctor made his rounds"
(sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
the course along which communications spread;
"the story is going the rounds in Washington"
a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic);
"he ordered a second round"
a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time;
"they enjoyed singing rounds"
an outburst of applause;
"there was a round of applause"
a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
any circular or rotating mechanism;
"the machine punched out metal circles"
having a circular shape
(of sounds) full and rich;
"the rotund and reverberating phrase"
(mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand;
"in round numbers"
from beginning to end; throughout;
"It rains all year round on Skye"
"frigid weather the year around"
wind around; move along a circular course;
"round the bend"
"round the edges"
pronounce with rounded lips
attack in speech or writing;
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state;
"polish your social manners"
express as a round number;
"round off the amount"
become round, plump, or shapely;
"The young woman is fleshing out"
- He put the apples on a round plate.
- The earth is round because of gravity.
- Eustacia slowly drew up her sleeve and disclosed her round white arm.
- Give me a round dozen and I'll pay in cash.
- In round figures, you have $2000 left in your bank account.
- The plan calls for a round sum of money.
- My father gave me a round thrashing.
- He stood there looking all round.
- His waist measures forty inches round.
- He turned his car round and steered for home.
- They've moved all the furniture round.
- I'll be round in an hour.
- We've invited the Smiths round this evening.
- The earth travels round the sun.
- He knotted the tie round his neck.
- Our house is round the next band.
- He walked round the corner into the next street.
- He showed me round the hospital.
- The next round of peace talks will be held in Rome.
- Let's have a good round of applause for the next performer.
- I met the doctor on his round of sick calls.
- Cut the bread into small rounds and give me two.
- I'll buy you all a round of drinks!
- He wins a round of applause when he end his speech.
- We only have three rounds of ammunition left.
- We rounded the corner at high speed.
- Over millennia ice and water have rounded the stones.
- The bill should have been $29.54 so I round it up to$30.
- The child had a round face.
- He was a short and round man.
- Give me a round dozen and I'll pay in cash.
- What he said is a round lie.
- He is clever enough to have made such a round guess.
- The area was perfectly round.
- It is neither round nor square.
- The horse is running round the field.
- A crowd soon gathered round.
- He visited all the people round.
- Spring came round.
- What are you hanging round for?
- Let me show you round.
- He invited us round for drinks.
- I haven't got enough candies to go round.
- Turn the picture round to face the wall.
- It was the face of a man round fifty.
- They swarmed close round her to hear.
- The children were sitting round the table.
- He lives in a village round the town.
- The blood circulates round the body.
- The shops are always crowded with people all round the year.
- It was a mile by water, four miles round the shore.
- The reformer soon gathered a band of followers round him.
- There are several solutions round this.
- These are 6 whole rounds of bread.
- Each round of the boxing match lasts three minutes.
- A round of parties ushered in the New Year.
- His speech won round after round of enthusiastic applause.
- She doesn't know at all about the life round of a fly.
- The night watchman makes the rounds of the building every hour.
- The bear rounded and faced the hunters.
- The child's eyes rounded with excitement.
- He rounded a corner and walked into a narrow street.
- The ship rounded the cape.
- We rounded the hill and saw the sea.
- We rounded our lips to make the sound “uː”.
- in round figures〔numbers〕
不计尾数的,以整数表示,大概without paying attention to small amounts
- round about
- the other〔opposite〕 way round
- do〔go〕 the rounds
到各处玩乐make a tour; visit places one after another
- go the round of
流传,散播circulate in or among
- in the round
从所有角度(来看)in an all-round way
- round into (v.+prep.)
环行; 拐弯 go in a ring
round into sth
The runners rounded into the home stretch.
The century has rounded into its ninth decade.
本世纪已进入了90年代。round sth into sth
The sculptor rounded the clay into a sphere.
- round off (v.+adv.)
弄圆 make round
The performance was rounded off with an one-act play.
Your essay needs rounding off.
你的散文需要润色一下。round sth ⇔ off
Take a piece of sandpaper and round off the edges of the frame.
- round out (v.+adv.)
发胖; 丰满起来 have had a well filled out figure
Her figure is beginning to round out.
- round up (v.+adv.)
使集拢; 围捕 surround to seize
round sb/sth ⇔ up
This is a plan to round up the enemy spies.
- round dance 圆舞
- dance in round 围成圆圈跳舞
- go for a good round 出去好好兜一圈
- set out on a round of official calls 外出巡视
- out of round 不(很)圆
- round into 环行; 拐弯
In the hollow round of my skull.出自： T. S. Eliot
A great round globe of iron.出自： D. H. Lawrence
Her head was small and round.出自： J. Steinbeck
Rounding the backs of books..to produce a smooth..surface.出自： E. Diehl
She carried her books clutched to her chest, rounding her shoulders.出自： A. Tyler
We'll go round from right to left.出自： C. Bax
He felt weak, but the blood pumped loudly round.出自： J. Mitchell
Before Charlotte knew it spring had come round again.出自： V. Glendinning
- round, about, around
- 这三个词均可表示“在…周围”。about强调“在…附近”“接近”“靠…的周围”等意思,但不一定表示“把…团团围住”; around 和round则强调“围绕”“环绕”等意思,前者多用于美式英语中,而后者多用于英式英语中。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的roont；最初源自拉丁语的rotundus，意为循环的。
- roundly adv. 有力地; 广泛地‖roundness n. 圆,圆形