- 向后 towards a place or position that is behind; towards the back, the beginning, or the past
- 倒,逆 with the back part in front
- 每况愈下 towards a worse state
at or to or toward the back or rear;
"he moved back"
"tripped when he stepped backward"
"she looked rearward out the window of the car"
in a manner or order or direction the reverse of normal;
"it's easy to get the `i' and the `e' backward in words like `seize' and `siege'"
"the child put her jersey on backward"
- He looked backwards over his shoulder.
- She drove the car backwards carefully.
- You have put your hat on backwards.
- The ball rolled backwards.
- She looked backwards over her shoulder.
- Lean backwards and let your partner catch you.
- She stepped backwards into the pond.
- Take three steps backwards.
- He was coming backwards down the stairs.
- He took a step backwards to allow her to pass.
- He was thrown backwards by the force of the explosion.
- I glanced backwards over my shoulder to see if anyone was following me.
- I lost my balance and fell backwards.
- I walked backwards down the stairs, carrying the heaving box.
- I walked backwards towards the door.
- It's not easy to walk backwards．
- But in fact of course you're always working backwards.
- “Ambulance” is written backwards so you can read it in the mirror. Ambulance
- Can you say the English alphabet backwards?
- Count backwards from ten to one.
- He began counting backwards “Ten, nine, eight...”
- In the movie they take a journey backwards through time.
- Let's work backwards through all the steps to see where we went wrong.
- With these new weaker pollution controls, the government seems to be moving backwards.
- It's only by looking backwards that we can understand how these rivalries developed.
- Twenty-eight years? Looking backwards, that takes us to the end of World War Two.
- Japan's industrial era extends backwards only a little over a hundred years.
- Instead of progressing, we're going backwards.
- You've put your hat on backwards.
- Your skirt is on backwards.
- He got the directions backwards. He drove south instead of north.
- backwards and forwards
〈口〉详尽；彻底in all details;thoroughly;completely
- lean〔bend〕 over backwards
尽力(以至有点过分) make a great effort, especially in order to be helpful or fair
对…了如指掌,熟知… know sth perfectly
- backwards, back