- =solutions to employment problems 就业问题解决办法
- [C] 脚步,步 an act of moving by raising one foot and bringing it down somewhere else
- [C] 一步的距离,短距离 the distance covered in one step, a short distance
- [C] 楼梯,台阶 a flat narrow surface, especially one in a set of surfaces each higher than the one before, on which the foot is placed for climbing up and down; stair
- [C] 级别,等级; 阶段 a degree on a scale, or a stage in a process
- [C] 步骤,措施 an act, especially one of a set of actions, which should produce a certain result
- vi. & vt. 举步; 行走; 跨步 move and then put down the foot
- any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal;
"the situation called for strong measures"
"the police took steps to reduce crime"
- the distance covered by a step;
"he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- the act of changing location by raising the foot and setting it down;
"he walked with unsteady steps"
- support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway;
"he paused on the bottom step"
- relative position in a graded series;
"always a step behind"
"subtle gradations in color"
"keep in step with the fashions"
- a short distance;
"it's only a step to the drugstore"
- the sound of a step of someone walking;
"he heard footsteps on the porch"
- a musical interval of two semitones
- a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface;
"the police made casts of the footprints in the soft earth outside the window"
- a solid block joined to the beams in which the heel of a ship's mast or capstan is fixed
- a sequence of foot movements that make up a particular dance;
"he taught them the waltz step"
- shift or move by taking a step;
- put down or press the foot, place the foot;
"For fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
"step on the brake"
- cause (a computer) to execute a single command
- treat badly;
"This boss abuses his workers"
"She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
- furnish with steps;
"The architect wants to step the terrace"
- move with one's feet in a specific manner;
- walk a short distance to a specified place or in a specified manner;
"step over to the blackboard"
- place (a ship's mast) in its step
- measure (distances) by pacing;
"step off ten yards"
- move or proceed as if by steps into a new situation;
"She stepped into a life of luxury"
"he won't step into his father's footsteps"
- The government is taking steps to control the rising crime rate.
- We should take steps to prevent war.
- However, the next step can be started.
- They are not attached to the fruits of karma, and are but one step from Buddhahood.
- This dance step is quite complicated.
- One dancer was fractionally out of step.
- He bounced into the room with a springy step.
- She runs up the stairs with a light graceful step.
- She stepped on a loose stone and twisted her ankle.
- I hope you try to get them to step up production.
- She can keep calmed and step back.
- He is not ready to step down yet.
- Kindly step this way, ladies and gentlemen.
- You cannot step twice into the same river.
I won't venture a step farther.
He received his prize with a proud step.
With every step I took the load seemed to get heavier.
Take two steps forward and two steps back.
There were children's steps in the cement.
The dance has some complicated steps.
Bill darted out of bed as his father's step was heard on the stairs.
It's only a step to the station.
The water was deeper at every step.
The park is only a short step away from our house.
There is but one step between the ludicrous and the sublime.
The hospital is only twenty steps away.
He lives a good step down the road.
A flight of steps leads up to the house.
The ladder has a number of steps.
May I borrow your steps?
His present job is a step up from his previous one.
When do you get your next step?
A colonel is three steps above a captain.
A step in temperature on the Fahrenheit scale is smaller than a step on the Centigrade scale.
It is time to take a positive step to break the vicious circle.
He will not warrant such a step.
What's the next step in your plan?
The first step will be to get a job in some office.
We can miss the next few steps if you like.
Take such steps as you think best.
A touch of colour came into her cheeks and her step became more firm and confident.
He stepped backward and fell over the cliff.
When we passed his window, we stepped softly as usual.
As soon as he stepped ashore, he found himself surrounded by friendly people.
If you don't step lively, we shall miss the train.
Will you please step this way.
- a false step
- 失足 a wrong moveHe took a false step and fell down the river.他踩空了脚掉到河里去了。
- 错误,失策 a wrong actionA false step can cost us millions of dollars.一步失策会使我们损失几百万美元。
- a pair of steps
A pretty portable pair of steps in one corner of the room showed that those even on the higher shelves were intended for use. 屋角放着一架小巧玲珑的折梯,说明架子上层的书也是准备随时取用的。
- 折梯 step-ladder
- a step forward
前进一步 a forward move
This is a notable step forward. 这是一个显著的进步。
It marks a forward step in human progress. 这标志着人类发展的一次进步。
- 前进一步 a forward move
- break step
- 〔说明〕 break step中的step要用单数。
- 便步走,不以一致步伐行走 stop marching together in stepThe marching units were allowed to break step when they had passed the reviewing stand.游行队伍通过检阅台后就允许便步走了。
与…不一致,与…不协调 not in accordance or agreement with others break step with sb/sth
He broke step with his party and supported a rival candidate.他和他那个党的意见不一致,转而支持对方的候选人。
Three committee chairmen broke step with president.三个委员会主席和总统意见不一致。
- dog sb's steps
跟踪某人 follow sb
The police dogged his steps for a whole month. 警察跟踪他整整一个月了。
I am certain that ill luck dogs my steps, that's the fourth fountain pen I've lost in six months. 肯定是霉运缠着我了,这是我六个月来丢失的第四支钢笔。
- 跟踪某人 follow sb
- fall into step
调整步伐使之与…一致,开始接受或遵循 take action to make sth move at the same time, begin to accept and follow sth
The three of them fell into step. 他们三人步伐一致。
We are likely to fall into step with them. 我们可能接受他们的意见。
- 调整步伐使之与…一致,开始接受或遵循 take action to make sth move at the same time, begin to accept and follow sth
- follow (in) sb's steps
步某人的后尘 follow a similar occupation
Following in his steps,I passed through damp spruce woods to an open cliff. 我跟在他的后面,穿过一片潮湿的云杉树林,来到一片开阔的峭壁前。
My daughter has followed in my steps and become a teacher. 我的女儿走了我的路,成为一名教师。
- 步某人的后尘 follow a similar occupation
- guide sb's step(s)
引导〔指导〕某人行走 direct sb to walking
It was she who guided my every step in the working-class movement. 是她在工人运动中指导我的每一步行动。
- 引导〔指导〕某人行走 direct sb to walking
- in step
步调一致 (of a person or behaviour) marching in such a way that each person's right foot and left foot move forward at the same time
John is in step with the others. 约翰跟得上其他人。
They were moving in step with music. 他们随着音乐的节拍走。
The decision has been accepted by everyone, so now we are all in step. 这个决定已被大家接受,所以我们现在步调一致。
- 步调一致 (of a person or behaviour) marching in such a way that each person's right foot and left foot move forward at the same time
- in steps
Progress toward democracy has to be made in steps, rather than a sudden leap. 必须逐步地实行民主化,不可操之过急。
- 逐步地 gradually
- keep step with
跟上 follow up with
Your legs are longer than mine,I can't keep step with you. 你的腿比我长,我跟不上你。
- 跟上 follow up with
- out of step
不协调,跟不上; 不合拍 (of a person or behaviour) marching in such a way that each person's right foot and left foot move forward at different time as other people's
Tom is out of step with the times. 汤姆跟不上时代的步伐。
It doesn't mean you are out of step with other students of your age just because you don't smoke. 你不抽烟,这并不算你跟不上别的同龄学生。
John always marches out of step with the music. 约翰走起路来老是不合音乐的节拍。
- 不协调,跟不上; 不合拍 (of a person or behaviour) marching in such a way that each person's right foot and left foot move forward at different time as other people's
- step by step
A foreign language cannot be learned rapidly, it must be learned step by step. 外语并非在短时间内就能学会,学外语是一个循序渐进的过程。
He learnt the rules of the game step by step. 他逐步学会了游戏的规则。
- 一步步地,逐步地,逐渐地 gradually
- take steps
采取措施 take action take steps to-v
We must take immediate steps to cope with the situation.我们必须立即采取措施来应付这一局面。
- 采取措施 take action take steps to-v
- watch one's step
小心行事,当心 act with great care
Watch your step when you ride down that steep hill on the bicycle. 骑自行车下那个斜坡时,当心点。
Watch your step, the boss is in a particularly bad mood. 你要小心点,老板今天情绪特别不好。
- 小心行事,当心 act with great care
- step across1 (v.+adv.)
访问 pay a visit to a nearby person or place step across
Step across and have tea with me tomorrow.明天请过来喝杯茶。
- 访问 pay a visit to a nearby person or place step across
- step across2 (v.+prep.)
跨过 pass over without treading in or on step across sth
I stepped across the stream and kept my feet dry.我跨过了小溪,没有把脚沾湿。
- 跨过 pass over without treading in or on step across sth
- step aside (v.+adv.)
- 走到一边 go asideI stepped aside so that she might go in.我往旁边走一步,以便她能进来。
- 从权威地位退下 move from a position of authorityThere was mounting pressure in Congress to force him to step aside.国会里迫使他离职的压力不断增加。
- step back (v.+adv.)
后退; 退居不重要的部位 move into an insignificant position step back
If you step back, you could fall down the cliff.如果你再往后退,你就掉到悬崖下面去了。
He doesn't want to step back from the centre of things.他不想退居无足轻重的地位。
- 后退; 退居不重要的部位 move into an insignificant position step back
- step down (v.+adv.)
退休,辞职 retire or leave a top position step down
In a couple of years that high school principal will step down, and her job will be taken by the vice-principal.那位中学校长干不了几年就要离职,她的职务将由副校长接任。
- 退休,辞职 retire or leave a top position step down
- step forward (v.+adv.)
向前走 take a step so as to move forward from one's present position step forward
Just then, the crowd divided and three men stepped forward to hand the citizens' request to the king.正在那时,人群分开了,三个人走出来把市民的要求转达给国王。step forward to-v
I step forward to receive my prize.我走向前去领奖。
站出来 offer oneself, as to help〔说明〕 step forward作此解时常不用于进行体。 step forward
The police have asked for witnesses of the accident to step forward to help with enquiries.警察让事件的目击者站出来,为调查者提供帮助。
- 向前走 take a step so as to move forward from one's present position step forward
- step in1 (v.+adv.)
干涉,介入 become involved in; enter into step in
The police are reluctant to step in.警察不愿插手干预。
If the local communities do not meet their responsibilities, the federal and state governments will step in.如果当地各社区不履行各自的职责,那么联邦政府和州政府就要进行干预。
The government may step in and try to settle the dispute.政府可能要插手进来设法处理这场争端。step in for sb
Can you step in for me at the meeting?你能在会上替我一会儿吗?
- 干涉,介入 become involved in; enter into step in
- step in2 (v.+prep.)
进入; 涉足 take a step into sth step in sth
We had to step in mud over our ankles.我们必须进入没脚的泥塘。
- 进入; 涉足 take a step into sth step in sth
- step inside (v.+adv.)
进入 enter step inside
If you care to step inside for a minute, we can sign the contract straight away.如果你想到我办公室坐一会,我们就能直接把合同签了。
- 进入 enter step inside
- step into (v.+prep.)
干预,涉足 enter into; take a step into sth step into sth
That would give the United States an excuse to step into their internal affairs.那会给美国一个借口去干预他们的内政。
His assistant stepped into the breach when the old surgeon was unable to go on with the operation.当那老外科医生不能继续做手术时,他的助手接替他将手术进行了下去。
After graduation John stepped into his father's shoes to become a lawyer.约翰毕业后,便继承了他父亲的衣钵,当了一名律师。
- 干预,涉足 enter into; take a step into sth step into sth
- step off1 (v.+adv.)
离开 leave sth such as a high level or vehicle, by moving the feet step off
Be careful how you step off, it's a long way from the ground.当心你怎么离开,那离地面太高。
步测(长度) mark or measure a length by walking step sth ⇔ off
Step off twenty feet and then place a marker in the ground.先步测20英尺,再在地上做个标记。
开始行军; 起跑 start marching step off
The men stepped off in good spirits.战士们精神饱满地出发了。
- 离开 leave sth such as a high level or vehicle, by moving the feet step off
- step off2 (v.+prep.)
从…走下来 leave by moving the feet step off sth
As the hero stepped off the platform, he was surrounded by several children with bouquets.当英雄走下讲台时,已被几名手持花束的儿童围住了。
- 从…走下来 leave by moving the feet step off sth
- step on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
在…顶部走 move with the feet on top of sth step on〔upon〕 sth
Mind where you put your feet, you could step on some broken glass.注意脚底下,你可能会踩在碎玻璃上。step sth on〔upon〕 sth
He's the first man to step foot on the moon.他是第一个踏上月球的人。
伤害某人的感情 hurt sb's feelings step on〔upon〕 sth
It's difficult to avoid stepping on her sensitive feelings.很难不伤害她脆弱的情感。
If you are going round stepping on people's toes like that you can't expect to have many friends.如果你那样到处得罪人,那就别想交到朋友。
斥责(某人) scold sb step on〔upon〕 sb
I shall step on her very firmly if she interrupts me again.如果她再来打扰我,我要毫不客气地斥责她。
- 在…顶部走 move with the feet on top of sth step on〔upon〕 sth
- step out (v.+adv.)
赶紧; 快走 walk fast〔说明〕 step out作此解时常不用于进行体。 step out
She steps out so actively that I have difficulty keeping up with her.她蹦蹦跳跳走得太快了,我很难跟上她。
When I go for a walk in cold weather,I like to step out to keep warm.当我在寒冷的天气出去散步时,为了保暖我必须走得很快。
暂时离开一下 walk outside, especially for a short time step out
He stepped out into the garden.他走出后进了花园。
I'm stepping out a while to go for a walk.我出去散一会儿步。
〈非正〉出去娱乐; 过活跃的社交生活 have fun; enjoy one's life step out
She's really stepping out these days, isn't she?这些日子她过得非常开心,难道不是吗?
I hear she's been stepping out almost every weekend.我听说她每周末都出入于社交场合。
步测 measure a distance by walking step sth ⇔ out
Step out ten feet and then put a marker in the ground.步测十英尺,然后在地上做个标记。
- 赶紧; 快走 walk fast〔说明〕 step out作此解时常不用于进行体。 step out
- step out on (v.+adv.+prep.)
对(某人)不忠 be unfaithful to sb step out on sb
No one told him that she had been stepping out on him for over a year.没有人告诉他她已经背叛他一年多了。
- 对(某人)不忠 be unfaithful to sb step out on sb
- step outside (v.+adv.)
- 到户外活动 walk out of door, especially for a short timeHe's just stepped outside for a breath of fresh air.他刚刚到户外呼吸呼吸新鲜空气。
- 为解决…而争斗 have a fight, as to settle an argumentIf you care to step outside, we can settle this.如果你愿意出去比试比试,我们一会儿就能把问题解决了。
- step over1 (v.+adv.)
走近(某地); 接近(某人) move to a place nearer to sb step over
I have a suggestion that may be to your advantage.你能到我办公室来一下吗?我有一个建议也许对你有好处。
- 走近(某地); 接近(某人) move to a place nearer to sb step over
- step over2 (v.+prep.)
抬高腿走过… lift the feet so as to pass above sb/sth step over sb/sth
We had to step over piles of broken bricks when we went to see our new house being built.当我们去看正在建造的新房时,我们必须小心地走过一堆堆碎砖头。
- 抬高腿走过… lift the feet so as to pass above sb/sth step over sb/sth
- step up1 (v.+adv.)
走上 go from a lower to a higher place step up
Ask him to step up.叫他上来。
He stepped up to me to ask his way to the station.他走近我问到车站去的路。
(使)增加,(使)加快速度 (cause to) increase or move faster step up
The girl stepped up to school.女孩子加快步伐去上学。
He has stepped up into the management of the firm.他升入公司的管理层。step sth ⇔ up
When John found he was going to be late, he stepped up his pace.约翰发现要迟到了,就加大步伐。
The bus driver stepped the engine up.公共汽车司机使发动机加速运转。
Radio and television have stepped up the tempo of the news.收音机和电视加快了新闻的传播速度。
The factory has stepped up production.工厂逐步增加了生产。
Production is slowing down. We must step it up.生产缓慢下来了,我们必须加快生产。
We must step up our vigilance.我们一定要提高警惕。用于 be ～ed 结构
The tempo has been stepped up.速度一点点增加起来了。
- 走上 go from a lower to a higher place step up
- step up2 (v.+prep.)
走上 go from a lower to a higher place step up sth
The teacher called Dabao to step up the platform. Then the boy began to retell a story in English.老师叫大宝走上讲台。然后他开始用英语复述一个故事。
- 走上 go from a lower to a higher place step up sth
- ascend the steps 登上台阶
- break steps 走乱步伐,打乱步伐
- bring into step 使步调一致,使同时发生
- change steps 换步
- direct one's steps toward 向…走去
- get one's step 获得提升
- get out of step 走乱步伐
- give sb a step 给某人晋级
- hear a step 听到脚步声
- keep (in) step with 与…保持步调一致
- keep steps with the times 跟上时代，与时俱进
- know sb's step 听出某人的脚步声
- make a step forward 前进一步
- make a false step 走错一步,失算,失误
- perform a step 实施措施
- recognize sb's step 听出某人的脚步声
- take a step 采取步骤
- take a step forward 前进一步
- take a false step 走错一步,失策
- take a wrong step 失足,失策
- walk with a fast step 快步走
- watch one's step 走路小心
- appropriate step 适当的措施〔手段〕
- careful step 慎重的步骤
- effective step 有效的措施
- even step 平稳的步伐
- false step 失足,失算,失策,绊倒
- fast step 快步走
- firm and steady step 稳健的步子
- forward step 前进的一步
- giant step 巨人般的步伐
- half step 〈军〉小步,快步,〈音〉半音
- heavy step 沉重的脚步
- important step 重要步骤〔措施〕
- necessary step 必要步骤〔措施〕
- next step 下一步
- quick step 快步走
- rapid step 快步走
- the first step 第一步
- at quick step 快步走
- step by step 逐步,按部就班(地)
- in step (with) (与…)步伐一致,(与…)节奏一致〔相符合〕
- in sharp steps 以轻快的步伐
- ladder of ten steps 十级的梯子
- out of step (with) (与…)步调不一致
- out of step with everyone else 跟别人的步子都不一致
- with slow steps 慢步(走)
- step awkwardly 不灵活地踩上
- step boldly 无畏地走上
- step discreetly 谨慎地踏上
- step fearlessly 无畏地踏上
- step noiselessly 悄悄地走上
- step resolutely 坚定地走上
- step softly 脚步轻轻
- step across 访问
- step aside 站到边上,从权威地位退下
- step back 后退
- step by 走过
- step down 走下来,辞职,减少
- step in 干预，涉足
- step off 走开,步测
- step out 出去,快步,步测
- step outside 走到外面
- step over 走近
- step up 走上,走近,加快,提升
She walked in short quick steps.出自：A. Sillitoe
Life is an act of faith, each step a venture into uncharted territory.出自：fig.
A figure who might have stepped out of a Raeburn canvas.出自：J. Buchan
Alice was drunk and she stepped carefully along the passage.出自：J. Carew
I..caught him as he was stepping into a taxi.出自：L. Hellman
- step还可作“台阶,楼梯”解,主要指室内的台阶或楼梯,有时还可指梯子,引申可表示“级别,等级; 阶段”,有时可指温度计的“度”。a flight of steps表示“一排台阶”。
- in step, in steps
这两个短语的区别是:in step中的step是单数形式,表示用同一步调行走,常译成“步调一致”; in steps中的step是复数形式,表示一步一步地行走或行动,常译成“逐渐地”。
- step, pace
这两个名词均可表示“步”。其区别是：step指脚步提起来放下去,强调动作,有轻重、长短和优美与否之分; 而pace指身体向前移动强调距离,有快慢和从容与否之分。例如:He was so tired that he was unable to take another step.他累得一步也走不动了。A little boy's pace is smaller than a man's pace.小孩的一步比大人的一步小。
- step, stair
这两个词都可表示“台阶”。其区别是：step通常指室外的台阶, stair通常指室内的台阶。例如:He went up the door steps.他上了大门的台阶。He hurried down the stair.他匆匆忙忙下楼梯。
- step, go, walk
这三个词都可表示“走路”,有时可以替换,如:Step〔Walk,Go〕 in, please.请进。其区别是：step着重举步、迈步; go表示从一处向另一处运动,指走路,也可指乘车,可用于人或其他动物; walk着重用双脚有规律地走路,亦快亦慢,只用于人。例如:He stepped back and gave me another look.他后退一步,又看了我一眼。I must go.我得走了。She walked with light steps.她走起来步态轻盈。
- step this way, come this way
- step pace
误 We must take steps reducing pollution of the air.
正 We must take steps to reduce pollution of the air.
析 take steps后跟动词不定式,不跟动名词形式。
误 Take care of your steps.It's slippery here.
正 Watch your step.It's slippery here.
析 当表示“走路小心”“小心行事”时,用watch one's step,不可用 take care of one's steps。
- ☆ 直接源自古英的语stepp，意为台阶。
- step:Step 参与制作过的电影: Windsor Protocol (1996) .... 编剧一代歌王 (1946) .... 编剧…