hold a review (of troops)
happen in a particular manner;
"how did your talk go over?"
examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition;
"check the brakes"
"Check out the engine"
fall forward and down;
"The old woman went over without a sound"
- Let's just go over these figures again.
- She went over her lines before the first night of the play.
- Tom went over the text before the exam.
- Don't go over that line or your throw won't count.
- She went over to the Republicans after their election victory.
- She's gone over to a milder brand of cigarettes.
- These actors went over very well with the audience.