be pertinent or relevant or applicable;
"The same laws apply to you!"
"This theory holds for all irrational numbers"
"The same rules go for everyone"
give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to;
"I cannot accept your invitation"
"I go for this resolution"
intend with some possibility of fulfilment;
"I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
have a fancy or particular liking or desire for;
"She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
make an attempt at achieving something;
"She tried for the Olympics"
- He left his home to look for employment.
- She rummaged about in the drawer for a pencil.
- If the sound seems okay, go for dynamics and effects.
- He is always regarded as good for nothing.
- For a long time the earth is thought of as flat.
- He urged that they go to New York.
- Such opinions pave the way for social change.
- The newspaper is whooping for leftist candidates.
- We stand up for the cause of liberty and justice.
- The speaker went for his opponent.
- She felt nothing but hatred for her attacker.
- Go for it 加油, 努力争取, ...
- go for nothing 没有价值(徒劳)...
- go in for 赞成
- go for broke 全力以赴(破釜沉舟)...
- go for a burton 阵亡
- go hank for hank with someone 与某人保持平等地位...
- go for wool and come home shorn 弄巧成拙
- go for a swim 去游泳
- go for a spin 开着车去兜兜风...
- go for very little 几乎无效
- go for an airing 到户外散散步...
- not go much on for 对于…没好处...
- go for the gloves 冒险赌博(孤注一掷)...
- go for a turn 散步
- go for a soldier 参军
- go for a drive 开车兜风
- go to bat for 庇护(辩护
- it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than… …比骆驼穿针眼还难...
- go security for 为