- n. 腰带；带状物；地带；皮带
- vt. 用皮带抽打；用带系上；用带标示
- vi. 疾驰；大声歌唱
- 狂饮，喝 ，饮一口（酒）（常与down连用）
- [C]腰带,带子 strip of leather, cloth, etc. usually worn around the waist
- [C]传送带 an endless circle band of leather other material used for driving a machine or moving things from one place to another
- [C]区域; 地带 an area that has a particular quality or part
- vt. & vi. 用带束紧,用带子系住 fasten with a belt
- vt. & vi. 抽打,用皮带打 thrash; hit with a belt
- vt. & vi. 重打 hit very hard, especially with the hand
- vt. & vi. 快速行进 travel fast
endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found;
"a belt of high pressure"
a vigorous blow;
"the sudden knock floored him"
"he took a bash right in his face"
"he got a bang on the head"
a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
the act of hitting vigorously;
"he gave the table a whack"
sing loudly and forcefully
deliver a blow to;
"He belted his opponent"
fasten with a belt;
"belt your trousers"
- He has a brown belt in karate.
- A belt of trees grew between the two fields.
- As Indonesia lies in the volcanic belt, earthquakes can occur.
- My trousers only stay up if I wear a belt.
- He strapped the driver with a leather belt.
- The air hostess asked everyone to belt himself in.
- They went belting along the road.
- Mahalia Jackson beltd out a gospel tune.
- The rubber belt has perished.
- A belt is worn around the waist.
- The belt of this dress ties at the front.
- He carried two revolvers in his belt.
- My shirt hikes up if I don't wear a belt.
- She wears a leather belt round her waist.
- You can adjust the belt to the size that you want.
- He ate too much that he had to loosen his belt two holes.
- The child asked his papa to help him ease off his belt a bit.
- The government intends to bring in a new law about wearing safety belts in cars.
- She refused to hand over the car keys until he promised to wear his safety belt.
- The safety of cars has been increased by the addition of seats belts.
- The moving belt feeds the machine with raw material.
- The belt had wound itself around the wheel, stopping the motor.
- A belt of rain extends across the mountains.
- The shelter belt breaks the force of the wind.
- These tree belts effectively protect the farmland against shifting sand.
- August and September were particularly warm in the central corn belt.
- She belted her raincoat.
- If you don't shut up,I'll belt you.
- Mr. Jones really belted his son that time.
- below the belt
不公正的; 伤人的 unfair or cruel
- pull in one's belt
勒紧裤带,节衣缩食 spend less; make economies
- tighten one's belt
俭省,节约度日,忍饥受饿 spend less; make economies
- under one's belt
为自己所有,在自己手中,在腹中 have as an achievement or experience; in the abdomen
- belt along1 (v.+adv.)
迅速行动 move fast
He belts along in the car.
- belt along2 (v.+prep.)
迅速行动 move fast
belt along sth
We belted along the motorway for nearly a hundred miles, and then had to travel at a crawl along the minor roads.
- belt down (v.+prep.)
在…上迅速移动 move very fast in specified direction
belt sb down sth
He was belted down the motorway at 90 m.p.h.
- belt in (v.+prep.)
猛打 hit very hard
belt sb in sth
She belted me in the eye.
- belt into (v.+prep.)
狠揍; 痛骂 hit very hard; scold hard
belt into sb
I lost my temper and belted into him.
When he said that,I belted into him and told him just what I thought.
- belt on (v.+adv.)
用带系住 fasten with a belt
belt sth ⇔ on
The officer belted his sword on.
The detective belted his pistol on.
- belt out (v.+adv.)
大声〔用力〕唱 sing loudly and forcefully
I open the door, the cat belted out.
我把门一打开,猫就飞快跑出去了。belt sth ⇔ out
She belted out a high note.
She belted out ballads and hillbilly songs one after another all evening.
No one can belt out those old songs as she can.
They belted it out for all they were worth.
- belt out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
把…用力打出 hit sth very hard out of sth
belt sth out of sth
The tennis player was so annoyed that he belted the ball right out of the court.
- belt up (v.+adv.)
〈俚〉安静 be quiet
The soldiers belted up and went out.
Many people think it is important to belt up before you start to drive.
许多人认为开车之前系上安全带是重要的。belt sth ⇔ up
He belted up his raincoat.
They belted the mechanism up.
Belt up.I can't hear what your mother is saying.
Belt up, you boys,Father's asleep.
Oh, belt up,I'm tired of your moaning.
- buckle a belt 扣紧皮带
- fasten a belt 束紧皮带,系上皮带
- loosen a belt 松开皮带
- put a belt around... 把带子绕在…
- tighten the belt 系紧皮带；省吃俭用
- undo a belt 解开皮带
- wear a belt 系皮带
- conveyor belt 传送带
- corn belt 玉米产区
- cotton belt 棉花产区
- forest belt 林带
- life belt 救生带,安全带
- money belt 钱带
- safety belt 安全带
- seat belt 座位上的安全带
- shoulder belt 套在肩上的安全带
- waist belt 腰带
- the belt line 城市环线
- belt a sword 佩带剑
The sword..hung from a belt that passed over the shoulder.出自： C. Boutell
He wore a loosely made camel's-hair overcoat, the unfastened belt of which trailed behind him.出自： A. Powell
His jeans were held up by a wide harness-leather belt with a big square brass buckle.出自： J. Steinbeck
Allen-a-Dale was ne'er belted a knight.出自： Sir W. Scott
- belt用作名词的基本意思是“带”,可以指人系的“皮带; 腰带”,也可指机械上使用的“传送带,输送带”。引申可作“地带”“区域”解。
- belt后接副词along表示“快速移动”; 后接副词on表示“用带系住”; 后接副词out表示“大声唱出或奏出”; 后接副词up表示“系好带子; 安静”。
- belt, band, ribbon, strap, stripe
- 2.从功用上说：band主要用来系、固定，也用来装饰； belt主要用作腰带；ribbon主要用作装饰；strap和stripe则用途较广。
- the beltline 腰围
- the belt line 城市环线
- a belted man 束腰带的人
- a beltman 负责机器皮带保养的维修工
- cummerbund 宽带子
- sash 饰带
- girdle 腰带
- strap 皮带
- band 乐队
- ribbon 缎带
- buckle 扣子
- cincture 围绕物
- zone 地域
- region 地区
- hit 打（击）
- thump 重击
- punch 按(键)
- dash 猛冲
- rush 冲
- fasten 拴紧
- tie 束缚
- waistband 腰带
- baldric 佩饰
- cord 细绳
- ring 戒指
- strip 剥去
- braid 辫子
- cestus 牛皮手套
- line 线
- zonule 小带
- thong 皮带
- cordon 警戒线
- tract 大片土地
- cinch (马的)肚带
- district 地区
- fillet 鱼片或肉片
- streak 一系列
- striation 条纹
- stripe 条纹
- maniple 饰带
- tape 磁带
- gird 束
- layer 层
- leather 皮革
- circumscribe 限制
- rope 绳索
- compass 圆规
- circle 圆圈
- bond 债券
- knock 敲击
- whang 皮鞭
- belt out 引吭高歌
- rap 轻敲
- swath 收割的宽度
- bash 怒殴
- whack 敲击
- smash 打碎
- bang 巨响
- area 面积
- quarter 四分之一
- section 部分
- neighbourhood 邻近