- 狂饮，喝 ，饮一口（酒）（常与down连用）
- [C]腰带,带子 strip of leather, cloth, etc. usually worn around the waist
- [C]传送带 an endless circle band of leather other material used for driving a machine or moving things from one place to another
- [C]区域; 地带 an area that has a particular quality or part
- vt. & vi. 用带束紧,用带子系住 fasten with a belt
- vt. & vi. 抽打,用皮带打 thrash; hit with a belt
- vt. & vi. 重打 hit very hard, especially with the hand
- vt. & vi. 快速行进 travel fast
- endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
- a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
- an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found;
"a belt of high pressure"
- a vigorous blow;
"the sudden knock floored him"
"he took a bash right in his face"
"he got a bang on the head"
- a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
- ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
- the act of hitting vigorously;
"he gave the table a whack"
- sing loudly and forcefully
- deliver a blow to;
"He belted his opponent"
- fasten with a belt;
"belt your trousers"
- He has a brown belt in karate.
- A belt of trees grew between the two fields.
- My trousers only stay up if I wear a belt.
- He strapped the driver with a leather belt.
- The air hostess asked everyone to belt himself in.
- They went belting along the road.
- Mahalia Jackson beltd out a gospel tune.
The rubber belt has perished.
A belt is worn around the waist.
The belt of this dress ties at the front.
He carried two revolvers in his belt.
My shirt hikes up if I don't wear a belt.
She wears a leather belt round her waist.
You can adjust the belt to the size that you want.
He ate too much that he had to loosen his belt two holes.
The child asked his papa to help him ease off his belt a bit.
The government intends to bring in a new law about wearing safety belts in cars.
She refused to hand over the car keys until he promised to wear his safety belt.
The safety of cars has been increased by the addition of seats belts.
The moving belt feeds the machine with raw material.
The belt had wound itself around the wheel, stopping the motor.
A belt of rain extends across the mountains.
The shelter belt breaks the force of the wind.
These tree belts effectively protect the farmland against shifting sand.
August and September were particularly warm in the central corn belt.
She belted her raincoat.
If you don't shut up,I'll belt you.
Mr. Jones really belted his son that time.
- below the belt
不公正的; 伤人的 unfair or cruel
The boxer fouled his opponent by hitting him below the belt. 那个拳手因击打对手腰部以下而犯规。
He struck the other boy below the belt. 他不择手段打击对方。
Don't hit below the belt. 不要玩卑劣的手法。
Most of the criticisms hit below the belt. 大部分批评是暗箭伤人。
You really hit me below the belt when you told the boss about my secret. 你把我的秘密讲给了老板听,你太不够意思了。
- 不公正的; 伤人的 unfair or cruel
- pull in one's belt
勒紧裤带,节衣缩食 spend less; make economies
If food is scarce it's no use complaining; we shall just have to pull in our belts. 如果食品不足,抱怨也无用,我们将只得勒紧裤带。
When father lost his job, we had to pull in our belts. 父亲失业时,我们只得节衣缩食。
You will have to pull in your belt if you want to escape bankruptcy. 如果你想避免破产,你必须节省。
In those days of hardship, they managed to survive only by pulling in their belts. 在那艰苦岁月里,他们是靠节衣缩食才勉强活了下来。
- 勒紧裤带,节衣缩食 spend less; make economies
- tighten one's belt
俭省,节约度日,忍饥受饿 spend less; make economies
The country's crisis was so grave that even the theatre would tighten its belt. 国家的经济危机严重,甚至剧场也不得不紧缩开支。
I will have to tighten my belt now that I can get no more overtime work. 由于我不能再加班加点,我只得节衣缩食。
- 俭省,节约度日,忍饥受饿 spend less; make economies
- under one's belt
为自己所有,在自己手中,在腹中 have as an achievement or experience; in the abdomen
She already has good academic qualification under her belt. 她已获得良好学历。
He is a man with a lot of experience under his belt. 他是一个经验丰富的人。
He is talkative when he has a few drinks under his belt. 他几杯酒下肚话就多了。
- 为自己所有,在自己手中,在腹中 have as an achievement or experience; in the abdomen
- belt along1 (v.+adv.)
迅速行动 move fast belt along
He belts along in the car.他驱车向前冲。
- 迅速行动 move fast belt along
- belt along2 (v.+prep.)
迅速行动 move fast belt along sth
We belted along the motorway for nearly a hundred miles, and then had to travel at a crawl along the minor roads.我们在快车道上飞驰了近100英里,然后不得不在小路上慢吞吞地行进。
- 迅速行动 move fast belt along sth
- belt down (v.+prep.)
在…上迅速移动 move very fast in specified direction belt sb down sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
He was belted down the motorway at 90 m.p.h.他在高速公路上以每小时90英里的速度行驶。
- 在…上迅速移动 move very fast in specified direction belt sb down sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- belt in (v.+prep.)
猛打 hit very hard belt sb in sth
She belted me in the eye.她打着了我的眼睛。
- 猛打 hit very hard belt sb in sth
- belt into (v.+prep.)
狠揍; 痛骂 hit very hard; scold hard belt into sb
I lost my temper and belted into him.我发火了,狠狠地揍了他一顿。
When he said that,I belted into him and told him just what I thought.他说了那事以后,我痛骂了他一顿并告诉他我是怎样想的。
- 狠揍; 痛骂 hit very hard; scold hard belt into sb
- belt on (v.+adv.)
用带系住 fasten with a belt belt sth ⇔ on
The officer belted his sword on.那军官用带子把剑佩上。
The detective belted his pistol on.侦探用带子将手枪系住。
- 用带系住 fasten with a belt belt sth ⇔ on
- belt out (v.+adv.)
迅速跑出 move out quickly belt out
I open the door, the cat belted out.我把门一打开,猫就飞快跑出去了。
大声〔用力〕唱 sing loudly and forcefully belt sth ⇔ out
She belted out a high note.她大声唱出高音。
She belted out ballads and hillbilly songs one after another all evening.她整晚一个接一个地大唱民谣和乡村小调。
No one can belt out those old songs as she can.没有人能像她那样高声唱出那些老歌。
They belted it out for all they were worth.他们尽情地放声歌唱。
- 迅速跑出 move out quickly belt out
- belt out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
把…用力打出 hit sth very hard out of sth belt sth out of sth
The tennis player was so annoyed that he belted the ball right out of the court.那个网球手恼怒地用力一挥把球打到网球场外去。
- 把…用力打出 hit sth very hard out of sth belt sth out of sth
- belt up (v.+adv.)
系好带子 fasten sth up with a belt belt up
The soldiers belted up and went out.战士们系好腰带,走了出去。
Many people think it is important to belt up before you start to drive.许多人认为开车之前系上安全带是重要的。belt sth ⇔ up
He belted up his raincoat.他扎好雨衣的带子。
They belted the mechanism up.他们把机械装置挂上了皮带。
〈俚〉安静 be quiet belt up
Belt up.I can't hear what your mother is saying.安静点,我听不到你母亲所说的话了。
Belt up, you boys,Father's asleep.静下来吧,孩子们,爸爸在睡觉。
Oh, belt up,I'm tired of your moaning.哦,别说了,我讨厌你的悲叹声。
- 系好带子 fasten sth up with a belt belt up
- buckle a belt 扣紧皮带
- fasten a belt 束紧皮带,系上皮带
- loosen a belt 松开皮带
- put a belt around... 把带子绕在…
- tighten the belt 系紧皮带；省吃俭用
- undo a belt 解开皮带
- wear a belt 系皮带
- conveyor belt 传送带
- corn belt 玉米产区
- cotton belt 棉花产区
- forest belt 林带
- life belt 救生带,安全带
- money belt 钱带
- safety belt 安全带
- seat belt 座位上的安全带
- shoulder belt 套在肩上的安全带
- waist belt 腰带
- the belt line 城市环线
- belt a sword 佩带剑
The sword..hung from a belt that passed over the shoulder.出自：C. Boutell
He wore a loosely made camel's-hair overcoat, the unfastened belt of which trailed behind him.出自：A. Powell
His jeans were held up by a wide harness-leather belt with a big square brass buckle.出自：J. Steinbeck
Allen-a-Dale was ne'er belted a knight.出自：Sir W. Scott
- belt用作名词的基本意思是“带”,可以指人系的“皮带; 腰带”,也可指机械上使用的“传送带,输送带”。引申可作“地带”“区域”解。
- belt后接副词along表示“快速移动”; 后接副词on表示“用带系住”; 后接副词out表示“大声唱出或奏出”; 后接副词up表示“系好带子; 安静”。
- belt, band, ribbon, strap, stripe
- the beltline 腰围
- the belt line 城市环线
- a belted man 束腰带的人
- a beltman 负责机器皮带保养的维修工
- district region area section zone belt quarter neighbourhood
- belt out引吭高歌
- belt:概述belt - belt.exe- 进程信息进程文件：belt或者 belt.exe进程名称： searchv.com Spyware 描述：searchv.com是来自searchv.com的广告…