- vt. & vi. 重击，(指心脏)急速跳动 strike heavily,especially with the fist(s);(of the heart) beat fast
- [C]砰的重击声 a thud
a heavy dull sound (as made by impact of heavy objects)
a heavy blow with the hand
"Her heart was beating fast"
make a dull sound;
"the knocker thudded against the front door"
hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument;
"the salesman pounded the door knocker"
"a bible-thumping Southern Baptist"
- He was thumping the keys of the piano.
- My heart was thumping with happiness.
- I feel pain in my head for it's thumping all the time.
- The two boys began to thump one another
- He sat down with a thump.
- She gave him a thump on the back.
- The excitement made her heart thump.
- The villain thumped me on the head.
- He hit the thief a thump on the head.
His lame leg..knocked against the panelling..with an oddly solid thump.出自： G. Swift
Roddy delivered an affectionate thump on Danus' shoulder.出自： R. Pilcher
She thumped the dishes down.出自： J. Gathorne
Chapple was moved to thump him on the jaw.出自：Times Literary Supplement
- thumper n. 捶击的人；重击