- 猛掷，猛砸，（使）猛撞， 猛击，猛打
- （使）猛撞， 猛击，猛打
- drone antisubmarine helicopter 无线电遥控反潜艇攻击机
- vt. & vi. 冲; 猛冲 move or be moved violently
- vt. & vi. 猛掷,使劲扔 send or throw violently
- vt. & vi. 匆匆地写或画 write or draw sth quickly
- [U]猛冲,飞奔 a sudden quick run
- [S]短距离赛跑 a short race for runners
- [C]少许 a small amount of sth mixed with or added to sth else
- [C]破折号 a mark (—) used in writing and printing
distinctive and stylish elegance;
"he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
a quick run
a footrace run at top speed;
"he is preparing for the 100-yard dash"
a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text
the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code
the act of moving with great haste;
"he made a dash for the door"
run or move very quickly or hastily;
"She dashed into the yard"
break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over;
"Smash a plate"
hurl or thrust violently;
"He dashed the plate against the wall"
"Waves were dashing against the rock"
destroy or break;
"dashed ambitions and hopes"
cause to lose courage;
"dashed by the refusal"
add an enlivening or altering element to;
"blue paint dashed with white"
- He dashed across the street and ran towards me.
- He dash the glass bowl to bit on a rock.
- Don't dash the paint on the wall like that.
- She dashed off a letter to her mother.
- The dash is used in writing to show a pause.
- Everything you need to convert your stock analog dash to a digital instrument panel is included.
- He finished first in the 100-meter dash
- They made a headlong dash for the door.
- They made a headlong dash for the door.
- I must just dash upstairs and run a comb through my hair.
- I must dash,I'm late.
- Dash downstairs to keep up with her, she left only a moment ago.
- The horse dashed onward.
- The waves dash high.
- He drove the police car at full throttle and dashed at the gangsters.
- I spent all day dashing around trying to do my Christmas shopping.
- He had to dash to catch the ball before it hit the ground.
- I must dash to catch a train.
- Don't dash stones! It's dangerous.
- She picked up a cobblestone and dashed it through the glass.
- She dashed some paint on the paper and called it a tree.
- The waves dashed the shore of the lake.
- The current of river dashes their boats on the rocks.
- The president's veto of the bill dashed the hopes of many mayors.
- The rain dashed our plans for a picnic.
- Her spirits were dashed by the incident.
- The prisoners made a dash for freedom.
- The contestants lined up for the 100-yard dash.
- Give him a glass of water with a dash of whisky in it.
- She was famous for her skill and dash.
- The dash is longer than the hyphen.
- dash against (v.+prep.)
(使)撞上(某物) (cause to) hit (sth) quickly and violently
dash against sth
Day and night the waves dash against the rocks.
Waves dashed against the ship.
波浪撞击着船身。dash sb/sth against sth
He dashed the chair against the door.
The force of the blast dashed him against the wall of the cave.
The waves dashed the boat against the rocks.
- dash away (v.+adv.)
匆忙抹去… remove (usually tears) hastily
I'm sorry,I must dash away now,I'm already late for the concert.
对不起,我得赶紧走。音乐会我已经迟了。dash sth ⇔ away
She turned round, and dashed away the tears with a corner of her handkerchief.
- dash by (v.+adv.)
飞驰而过 move quickly
They dashed by in a car.
- dash down (v.+adv.)
使劲掷下 send or throw violently sth down
dash sth ⇔ down
He dashed down his sword and picked up a revolver.
He dashed the bottle down.
He dashed the cup down in his anger.
- dash in (v.+adv.)
猛冲进来 move violently into sth
He dashed in breathlessly.
- dash off (v.+adv.)
匆忙地把…写好或画好 write or draw (sth) very quickly
I must be dashing off now.
The thief suddenly grabbed the bag and dashed off with it.
小偷突然抢过包跑掉了。dash sth ⇔ off
He dashed off two articles before dinner.
Annie took out her drawing pad and pencil to dash off a sketch of the Indians.
- dash out (v.+adv.)
冲出去; 冲出来 hurry outside
Why did you catch up your bag and dash out?
The door opened and the children dashed out.
He dashed out, reckless of the danger.
- dash one's brains out (v.+n.+adv.)
把自己的脑袋摔开花 kill oneself or sb by breaking the head open
dash one's brains out on sth
The climber fell from the cliff and dashed his brains out on the rocks below.
- dash over (v.+prep.)
使覆盖,淹没(某物) (cause to) cover (sth) quickly and violently, as with liquid
dash over sth
Very big waves dashed over the sea wall at the height of the storm.
在暴风雨最猛烈的时候,巨浪吞没了海堤。dash sth over sth
She's fainted, quick, dash some cold water over her face.
Dash a bucketful of water over the muddy floor.
- dash to (v.+prep.)
把某物撞成碎片; 把某人撞得粉身碎骨 destroy sth/sb violently
dash sb/sth to sth
He dashed the bottle to pieces against the wall.
The boat was dashed to pieces against the rocks.
- dash toward (v.+prep.)
朝…冲去 move quickly to sth
dash toward sb/sth
A dog was dashing towards them.
He dashed towards the door.
- cut a dash
神气,有气派 be exciting and stylish in appearance or behavior
- dash stones 扔石头
- dash aimlessly 无目的地投掷
- dash blindly 盲目地冲
- dash despairingly 绝望地猛掷
- dash eagerly 急切地冲
- dash gently 温柔地扔
- dash hurriedly 匆匆地写
- dash madly 疯狂般地冲
- dash splendidly 辉煌地冲刺
- dash along 滔滔不绝地说
- dash away one's tears 用手抹掉眼泪
- dash by 掠过去,冲过去
- dash down 飞奔而下,猛扔下,匆匆完成
- dash forward 向前冲
- dash in 冲进来
- dash in the details 匆匆把细节写下来
- dash off 匆忙完成,飞出
- dash off a piece of article 赶写一篇文章
- dash onward 向前直冲
- dash out 删去,涂掉
- dash out into the street 跑到街上
- dash out some words 删去一些字
- dash about the streets 在街上横冲直撞
- dash across the garden 横冲过花园
- dash after the rabbit 紧追兔子
- dash against 和…碰撞,冲击
- dash against the wall 撞到墙上
- dash down a hill 从山上冲下
- dash for sth 向某物冲去
- dash into 冲入,与…猛撞
- dash into the room 冲进房间
- dash into a shop 奔进商店
- dash out of the room 冲出房间
- dash over the snow 在雪地上飞驰
- dash through the station (火车)飞快地驶过车站
- dash sth to pieces 把某物摔得粉碎
- dash up the stairs 飞奔上楼
- dash upon the rock 冲击岩石
- dash sth with sth 在某物中掺一点某物
- cut a dash 大出风头
- make a dash at the enemy 向敌人猛冲
- make a dash for liberty 为自由冲锋陷阵
- meet〔receive〕with a dash 遇到挫折
She takes upon her bravely at first dash.出自：1 Henry VI , Shakespeare
A brave vessel..Dash'd all to pieces!出自：Tempest , Shakespeare
Refinement was a frail construction continually dashed by waves of a raw..humanity.出自： S. Hazzard
- dash可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时意为“猛掷〔摔,撞〕”,接名词或代词作宾语。用作不及物动词时,意为“急奔,猛冲”,常与here, there, home, downstairs等副词连用; 若表示“赶往…”,则用dash to。
- dash, hasten, hurry, quicken, rush, speed
- quicken指动作变化短暂、快,活动性较强,使其变为更活泼、有力或敏捷; dash指在一个很短的距离内快速前进,也指赶忙做某事; hasten指在急速当中,有计划有秩序地,但有时也指突如其来和匆匆完事; hurry指迅速地移动,含有几分兴奋的意思,但也带有几分仓促、混乱的意思; rush指赶快、非常迅速地行进,所暗示的形势要比hurry来得更紧急,有时还带有暴力的意味; speed是一个比rush意思更强的词,与quicken近义,不同处在于暗示移动的快速。例如:
- Exercise quickens the pulse.锻炼使脉搏加快。
- He dashed up the stairs.他冲上了楼梯。
- The storm's approach hastened our departure.暴风雨将要来临,我们只好赶快离开。
- The late arrivals hurried to their seats.迟到的人匆匆走到自己的座位上去。
- rush 冲
- vigor 活力
- dart 飞镖
- scamper 蹦跳
- trace 痕迹
- hurry 匆忙
- hasten 催促
- scoot 急走
- knock 敲击
- throw 扔
- break 打碎
- shatter 粉碎
- frustrate 挫败
- ruin 毁灭
- surge 汹涌
- splash 溅泼（声）
- verve 活力
- vim 精力
- vigour 精力
- scurry 小步疾走
- jazz 爵士乐
- initiative 首创精神
- nick 刻痕
- haste 急速
- pep 活力
- zip 拉链
- inspiration 灵感
- speed 速度
- suspicion 猜疑
- oppress 使烦恼
- vanity 自负
- drop 落下
- line 线
- touch 触摸
- scuttle 煤斗
- flight 飞行
- race 赛跑
- pinch 捏
- scare off 吓跑
- daunt 使 ... 胆怯
- hyphen 连字号
- scare 受惊吓
- sprint 全力奔跑
- bolt 门闩
- pall 遮盖物
- elan （法语）锐气...
- smash 打碎
- flash 闪光
- flair 天赋
- scud 疾驶
- style 文体
- frighten off 吓跑
- scare away 吓跑
- dah （莫尔斯电码和类似的密码...
- shoot 发射
- panache 羽饰
- frighten away 吓跑
- crash 撞击