- [C]线条 a long thin mark
- [C]条纹,皱纹 a long thin mark in the skin
- [C]线路,电话线 a very long wire for telephones or electricity
- [C]线,绳 piece of string, rope, or wire
- [C]排,行 all the words that are beside each other on a page
- [C](行进)路线,航线,铁路线 what a train moves along
- [C]行业,专长 an area of interest, activity or work
- [C]方针,路线 an officially stated set of ideas, methods
- vt. 用线标出,画线于 mark sth with lines
- vt. 使成一行 form a line along sth
- vt. 排队,排齐 stand or be in rows along a street, etc.
- a formation of people or things one beside another;
"the line of soldiers advanced with their bayonets fixed"
"they were arrayed in line of battle"
"the cast stood in line for the curtain call"
- a mark that is long relative to its width;
"He drew a line on the chart"
- a formation of people or things one behind another;
"the line stretched clear around the corner"
"you must wait in a long line at the checkout counter"
- a length (straight or curved) without breadth or thickness; the trace of a moving point
- text consisting of a row of words written across a page or computer screen;
"the letter consisted of three short lines"
"there are six lines in every stanza"
- a single frequency (or very narrow band) of radiation in a spectrum
- a fortified position (especially one marking the most forward position of troops);
"they attacked the enemy's line"
- a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning;
"I can't follow your line of reasoning"
- a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power
- a connected series of events or actions or developments;
"the government took a firm course"
"historians can only point out those lines for which evidence is available"
- a spatial location defined by a real or imaginary unidimensional extent
- a slight depression in the smoothness of a surface;
"his face has many lines"
"ironing gets rid of most wrinkles"
- a pipe used to transport liquids or gases;
"a pipeline runs from the wells to the seaport"
- the road consisting of railroad track and roadbed
- a telephone connection
- acting in conformity;
"in line with"
"he got out of line"
"toe the line"
- the descendants of one individual;
"his entire lineage has been warriors"
- something (as a cord or rope) that is long and thin and flexible;
"a washing line"
- the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money;
"he's not in my line of business"
- in games or sports; a mark indicating positions or bounds of the playing area
- (often plural) a means of communication or access;
"it must go through official channels"
"lines of communication were set up between the two firms"
- a particular kind of product or merchandise;
"a nice line of shoes"
- a commercial organization serving as a common carrier
- space for one line of print (one column wide and 1/14 inch deep) used to measure advertising
- the maximum credit that a customer is allowed
- a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence;
"she was humming an air from Beethoven"
- persuasive but insincere talk that is usually intended to deceive or impress;
"`let me show you my etchings' is a rather worn line"
"he has a smooth line but I didn't fall for it"
"that salesman must have practiced his fast line of talk"
- a short personal letter;
"drop me a line when you get there"
- a conceptual separation or distinction;
"there is a narrow line between sanity and insanity"
- mechanical system in a factory whereby an article is conveyed through sites at which successive operations are performed on it
- be in line with; form a line along;
"trees line the riverbank"
- cover the interior of;
"line the gloves"
"line a chimney"
- make a mark or lines on a surface;
"draw a line"
"trace the outline of a figure in the sand"
- mark with lines;
"sorrow had lined his face"
- fill plentifully;
"line one's pockets"
- reinforce with fabric;
"lined books are more enduring"
- One line cuts another at right angles.
- The ball went over the line.
- The line of the two countries is too vague.
- He has fine lines around his eyes.
- She always takes a Marxist line.
- This is a steamer on the Japanese line.
- You should write on every other line.
- IBM is always in the front line of computer industry.
- Hang the clothes on the line.
- Please line up one after another.
- The battalion commander lined his men along the railway.
- Please line your paper with a pencil and ruler.
- This piece of silk would line your coat nicely .
She put the wet clothes on the line to dry.
I felt a quick pull on my fishing line.
I'm sorry, the line is engaged.
I'm sorry, sir, the line is busy—would you like to call back later?
Our firm has twenty lines.
The lines went down in the storm.
Powerful electric current is carried by high-tension transmission lines to distant places.
The storm destroyed the power lines.
The railway line follows the river for several miles.
Passengers are not allowed to cross the lines.
Draw a straight line from A to B.
Divide this line into 20 equal parts.
The broad lines on the map correspond to the roads.
She drew a wavy line under the word.
With his finger, he traced the curving line of the road on the map.
The ball crossed the line.
The British runner was first to cross the finishing line, but was later disqualified.
He was parachuted behind enemy lines.
Our forces pierced through the enemy's lines.
He led us in carrying out the Party's line.
You are arguing along the same old lines.
My line is selling.
Mary tried several lines of work, but at last found herself as a teacher.
His letter is so full of implications that one has to read between the lines.
Read between the lines, and you'll find out what's at the back of his mind.
If you read between the lines, you will find out the letter is really a request for money.
There are a lot of lines on his forehead.
Laugh lines appeared around her eyes when she was in her twenties.
What line do you expect to take?
There's a very fine line between genius and madness.
A line of coats hung on the wall.
Children, get into a line.
There is a line of young trees on each side of the street.
There are two lines of tables in the classroom.
You can line blank paper for writing.
Line the pages for the graph both horizontally and vertically.
The crowds lined the street.
Thousands of people lined the streets to welcome the visiting delegation.
High buildings line the street.
Trees lined the river bank.
Wrinkles lined her face.
Old age lined his face.
Strong cloth lined the trunk.
- a (few) line(s)
短信 short letters
Please drop me a line as soon as possible. 请尽快给我写一封短信来。
Drop me a line when you know your exam results. 等你知道了考试结果,给我写封信。
Just a few lines to tell you that I have planned to visit you on National Day. 我已决定在国庆节去看你,今函告。
- 短信 short letters
- in line
成一直线 forming a straight line with sth
The students stood there in line. 学生们列队站在那里。
Place your right toe in line with your left heel. 把右脚趾与左脚跟排成一直线。
The recruits were standing in line to be examined. 新兵正排成一行,准备接受体检。
They didn't know how to sow in a straight line. 他们不知道如何把种子播成一条直线。
- 成一直线 forming a straight line with sth
- in line for
即将获得 sb will gain sth
Karl is in line for a promotion. 卡尔将获得晋升。
The workers are in line for a rise in pay. 工人们将增加工资。
- 即将获得 sb will gain sth
- in line with
跟…一致,符合 according with sth
The new proposal is in line with our general line. 新建议和我们总的原则是一致的。
What you have done is in line with what we want to do. 你们已做的事与我们想做的事是一致的。
- 跟…一致,符合 according with sth
- in one's line
是某人的职业 going in for occupation
That's not in my line. 那不是我的本行。
What line is your father in? 你父亲是从事什么职业的?
- 是某人的职业 going in for occupation
- out of line
不相符,不合要求,举止不当 unacceptably different
His ideas are out of line with reality. 他的想法不切实际。
Please excuse me if I'm being out of line. 如果我有失礼之处,请多多原谅。
- 不相符,不合要求,举止不当 unacceptably different
- line out (v.+adv.)
用线画出 mark sth with lines line sth ⇔ out
Let me line out the plan of the house on this piece of paper.让我在这张纸上画出房子的图样。
- 用线画出 mark sth with lines line sth ⇔ out
- line up (v.+adv.)
排成一行 place in a row line sb ⇔ up
Line up these men and see if the witness can recognize the criminal.让这些人站成一行,看看见证人能否从中把罪犯认出来。
排队等候 wait in order line up
I hate lining up in the cold to go to a cinema.我非常讨厌在大冷天里排队等着看电影。
He lined up behind the others to wait his turn.他排在别人后面,等着轮到他。
Everybody lines up, facing the front.大家排好队,面向前。
The customers lined up at the counter.顾客在柜台前排成一队。line sth ⇔ up
Line up the glasses and I'll fill them.把玻璃杯排好,我来倒满它们。用于 be ～ed 结构
The children were lined up ready to go into school.孩子们已列队等着进校门。
They were lined up ready to leave the classroom.他们排好队,准备离开教室。
A small crowd is lined up to see the guests off.组织了一小群人列队为客人们送行。
The funeral cars are lined up, ready to leave.出殡的车辆排列就绪,准备出发。
Cars were lined up along the road for a mile.汽车在街上排起一英里长的行列。
组织,安排或集中 organize;get things or people together;arrange for a supply of sth line sb/sth ⇔ up
I had lined up a wonderful cast.我组织起了一个出色的演员班子。
We've lined up Pavarotti for the main role in the opera.我们已邀请了帕瓦罗蒂在这一歌剧中演主角。
We've lined him up to sing the main role.我们已邀他唱主角。用于 be ～ed 结构
What shows are lined up for tonight's broadcast?今晚广播安排了什么节目?
- 排成一行 place in a row line sb ⇔ up
- line up against (v.+adv.+prep.)
靠近或靠着站成一行 stand in a row next to or touching sth line up against sth
Line up against the window so that you can be seen.在窗子旁站成一排,以便人家就能看见你们。line sb up against sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
The prisoners were lined up against a wall and shot.那些囚犯靠墙站成一行,然后被枪毙。
反对(某事物或某人) oppose sth/sb line up against sb/sth
How many voters have lined up against the politician?有多少选民反对那位政客呢?line sb up against sth
We must line more people up against the government.我们要使更多的人起来反对政府。
- 靠近或靠着站成一行 stand in a row next to or touching sth line up against sth
- line up behind (v.+adv.+prep.)
跟随,支持 follow;support sb as a leader line up behind sth
All the members of the party have lined up behind the newly elected leader, even those who voted against him.该党全体党员都支持这位新选出来的领袖,甚至连那些曾经投票反对他的人也不例外。
- 跟随,支持 follow;support sb as a leader line up behind sth
- line with (v.+prep.)
布满 be covered with sth line sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
The path to the house is lined with bushes.通向那栋房子的小径长满了灌木丛。
The river banks were lined with people watching the boat race.河两岸站满了观看赛船的人群。
给…加… provide sth with a covering or inner side of sth such as material
Please line the drawers with clean paper after you have emptied them. 请把抽屉倒空后铺上干净纸。
He lined the box with clean paper. 他在盒子里加上了一层干净的纸。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The coat is lined with silk. 这件外套用绸子作衬里。
- 布满 be covered with sth line sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- block a line 封锁航线
- bring into line 使成一行,使一致,同意
- cross a line 超过界线
- cut lines 切断…的线
- draw a line 画线
- draw up in line 排成横队
- form a line 排成一队
- form into line 排齐
- get a line 打听到消息
- get into a line 排队
- get out of line 不协调
- go over the line 越界
- hold a line 守住防线
- hold the line 不要挂断电话
- introduce a line 开辟航线
- keep sb in line 使…某人规规矩矩,使…协调起来
- make a line 画一条线
- open a line 开辟一条线
- rule a line 画一条线
- run a train line 经营一条铁路线
- run off the lines (火车)出轨
- settle the line 划清界限
- shoot a〔the〕 line 〈俚〉吹牛,说大话
- stand in a line 站成一行
- step over the line 越界
- take a strong line 干得起劲
- thread line 用丝做线
- throw a line 扔绳子
- wait in line 排队等候
- wipe out a line 擦掉线
- bad line 不良的通话线路
- beautiful line 漂亮的线条
- broken line 虚线
- clear line 清晰的线条,清楚的界线
- complete line 完整的路线
- direct line 直线
- dividing line 分界线
- double lines 双线
- double yellow lines 双黄线
- fine line 很好的路线
- first line of defence 第一道防线
- foolish line 不明智的路线
- front line 前线
- heavy line 粗线条
- hot line 热线
- just short line 只言片语
- long line 长队
- main line 电话中继线,(铁路等的)干线
- natural line 天然的路线
- outside line 外线
- regular line 定期线路
- scientific line 科学路线
- simple line 单一路线
- soft line 软线
- special line 特别线
- straight line 直线
- thick line 粗线
- thin line 细线
- air line 航线,航空公司
- base line 底线
- battle line 战线
- beeline 两点间的距离,最短距离,捷径
- branch line 支线
- bus line 公共汽车路线
- city line 城市界线
- clothes line 晾衣绳
- county line 县界线
- end line 终线
- enemy lines 敌人阵地
- feeling line 感情之线
- finish line 终点线
- fuel line 燃料管道
- goal line 球门线
- International Date line 国际日期变更线
- life line 生命线
- ocean line 海洋航线
- oil line 输油管道
- party line 合用线
- police line 警察线
- power lines 输电线
- production line 生产线
- railway lines 铁路线
- service line (网球,手球等球场的)发球线
- shore line 海岸线
- sky line 地平线
- snow line 雪线
- state line 州界线
- steam line 蒸汽管道
- stop line 停车线
- supply lines 补给线
- telegraph line 电报线路
- telephone lines 电话线路
- tree line 林木线
- water line (船的)吃水线
- first across the line 第一个通过终点线
- all along the line 在全线
- at the goal line 在球门线上
- behind the lines 远离前线
- below the line 在…线以下
- between the lines 字里行间
- in line 成一直线,对准
- in line for 即将轮到,有得到…的希望
- in line with 和…一致,符合
- in a line 排队
- in one's line 擅长,内行
- on a line 在一条线上
- on the line 挂正
- on the base line 在底线
- out of line 不成一直线,不一致,不协调
- line by line 一行一行地,逐字逐句地
- line for 为…线
- line of attack 进攻路线
- line of duty 值勤,公务
- line of kings 历代帝王
- line of railway 铁路线
- line of trees 成行的树
- line on one's face 脸上的皱纹
- line deeply 深深地布满(皱纹)
- line off 用线划开
- line out 画线标出
- line through 划掉,勾掉
- line through an entry 划掉一个条目
- line up 排队,整队
In the bow, with the neat coiled spirals of lines.出自：I. Shaw
His coat, once lined with fox, turned dry and bald.出自：S. Bellow
And poplar that with silver lines his leaf.出自：fig.
All the pictures fairest lin'd Are but black to Rosalinde.出自：As You Like It,Shakespeare
Here is a way plainly lined out to cheat the Rats and Mice.出自：A. Yarranton
a line与a few lines可以解释为“短信”的意思。
Please drop me a line (或a few lines) as soon as possible.
- 在a line of加名词作主语的句子中，谓语动词要与a line保持一致性，而不是与of后的名词保持一致性；
在信的开头，通常会出现Just a line to tell you that ...或者A line to say that ...等，这些都是习惯用语。
Just a line to tell you that I have failed to the examination.
- 在商业信函里，along these lines表示“关于这件事”的意思，在普通信函里用的就比较少。
- line作“行”解时是单位词,其后常可接“of+ n. ”, of后的名词如是不可数名词表示复数意义时, line用复数形式;of后的名词如是可数名词,用于复数意义时,line和该名词均用复数形式。
- “a line of+ n. ”作主语时,谓语动词的数由line决定,而不依其后的名词。
- in line, in one's line
这两个短语的区别在于：in line意思是“排成一行”;in one's line意思是“是某人的职业〔特长〕”。
- in line for, in line with
这两个短语的区别在于：in line for意思是“即将获得”;in line with意思是“跟…一致,符合”。
- line, file, row
这三个词都有“行,列”的意思。其区别在于：1.row指横向有秩序排成的一行。2.file指一群人以一个接一个的方式纵向站立或行走的队列。例如:They walked in a file down the hill.他们排成队一个接着一个地走下山。3.line既可指横列,也可指纵列,多用于抽象事物。例如:The number of passengers by this line fell off slightly in January.1月份这条航线的乘客数量略有减少。The enemy fell back on the second line of defence.敌人退守第二道防线。
- line, cord, rope, string, thread, wire
这组词的共同意思是“绳”“索”。line可以代替其他五个词,也可用来指抽象或借喻性的线; cord指中等粗细的绳子; rope指较粗、较结实的绳子; thread指用棉花、丝料制成用来做衣服的细线; string指细绳; wire指金属丝、铁丝,也可指电线。
- row queue line rank file
误 A long line of coloured flags were seen moving toward the gate.
正 A long line of coloured flags was seen moving toward the gate.
析 a line of+ n. 作主语时,谓语动词的数由line决定,而不依其后的名词。
误 Vegetable and fruit stands lined on both sides of the street.
正 Vegetable and fruit stands lined both sides of the street.
正 The street was lined on both sides with vegetable and fruit stands.
错句：at last,late in the afternoon,a long line of flags and coloured umbrellas were seen moving toward to the gate of palace.
纠正：at last,late in the afternoon,a long line of flags and coloured umbrellas was seen moving toward to the gate of palace.
分析：a line of加名词作句子主语时，谓语应该与a line of保持一致，用单数。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的lnie；最初源自古法语的ligne，意为绳。
- LINE:Association Liban Nature Environnement (French)Liban协会(法国)的性质Environnement
- LINE:Line Is Not An Emulator线不是一个模拟器
- LINE:Linear In-fighting Neuro-override Engagement (Marine Corps Basic Training)Neuro-override订婚(线性引人注目的海军陆战队基本功训练)
- line:line n. 绳, 索, 线路, 航线, 诗句vt. 排成一行, 顺...排列, 划线于, 使有线条, 使起皱纹vi. 排队 英英解释:名词line:1. a formation of people…