- 按（铃）， 摇（铃）
- 敲（钟），敲钟报知 ，敲钟叫（人）
- [C]戒指,指环 a small circular piece of metal, especially gold or silver, that is worn on the finger
- [C]环状物,圆圈 a circular band or shape, especially of the stated substance or for the stated purpose
- [C]团伙,帮派 a group of people who work together, often dishonestly in business or crime for their own advantage
- [S]拳击台,摔跤台 the small square space closed in with ropes in which people box or wrestle
- vt. 把…圈起来,环绕; 包围 make, form, or put a ring round
- [C]敲钟(声),摇铃(声) (an act of making) the sound of a bell or a bell-like sound
- [S]特性 a certain quality, especially in sth said
- vt. & vi. (使)鸣响 cause (a bell) to sound; (of a bell, telephone, etc.) sound
- vt. 打电话 telephone (sb)
- a characteristic sound;
"it has the ring of sincerity"
- a toroidal shape;
"a ring of ships in the harbor"
"a halo of smoke"
- a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling;
"there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
- (chemistry) a chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop
- an association of criminals;
"police tried to break up the gang"
"a pack of thieves"
- the sound of a bell ringing;
"the distinctive ring of the church bell"
"the ringing of the telephone"
"the tintinnabulation that so voluminously swells from the ringing and the dinging of the bells"
- a platform usually marked off by ropes in which contestants box or wrestle
- jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger;
"she had rings on every finger"
"he noted that she wore a wedding band"
- a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- sound loudly and sonorously;
"the bells rang"
- ring or echo with sound;
"the hall resounded with laughter"
- make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification;
"Ring the bells"
"My uncle rings every Sunday at the local church"
- get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone;
"I tried to call you all night"
"Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle;
"The forest surrounds my property"
- attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify;
"band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
- She wears a wedding ring to show that she's married.
- Roger made the rope fast to the metal ring.
- Adenine has a purine ring structure.
- The children sat in a ring round the teacher.
- In the finals of the boxing championship he knocked out his opponent, who was carried out of the ring.
- The horses trotted around the circus ring.
- The officer was suspected of involvement in an international drug ring.
- There was a ring at the door.
- We ring in the mew year with the church bells.
- The first bell started to ring,and then the others chimed in.
- His voice carries the ring of authority.
- Ring the correct answer with your pencil.
- A high fence ringed the prison camp.
- The village is pocketed in a ring of hills.
- Zinc and copper handle with copper head,rubber ring.
- Ask her to ring me up if you should see her.
- If you need anything, just ring for the attendant.
- My husband's last words are still ringing in my ears.
- The playground rang with children's shouts.
- The music was so loud it made my ears ring.
- In case of fire ring the bell.
- The policeman felt that my story didn't ring true.
He has a gold ring on his finger.
The thief stole many gold rings from the grave.
Jenney's husband gave her a ring as a token of their first meeting.
They selected a diamond engagement ring.
She wears a pair of pretty ear rings.
The little girl was supported in the water by an inflatable rubber ring.
Rings are put round birds' legs to identify them.
There was a ring of troops round the building.
The men were standing in a ring.
You must have been having too many late nights—you've got rings round your eyes.
He puffed at his pipe and blew smoke rings into the air.
The auctioneers organized a secret ring to control the sales.
The challenger climbed into the ring.
He retired from the ring at 34.
Ring the correct answer with your pencil.
Police ringed the building.
A high fence ringed the prison camp.
A smile ringed the corners of her eyes.
The airfield is ringed with armoured cars.
His eyes were ringed with fatigue.
Give two rings of the bell, please.
There was a ring at the door.
I heard a loud ring at the door.
The coin has the true ring.
There is hanging a bunch of rings in the middle of the room.
I'll give you a ring this evening.
Her laughter has a false ring.
There was a ring of sincerity in his promise.
His story has the ring of the truth about it.
This poem has a ring of Homer.
At this moment the bell rang.
Soon the getting-up bell rang.
Start to work when the bell rings.
How long has the alarm clock been ringing?
The church bells are ringing.
Did you ring, sir?
The cyclist didn't ring.
I dialled Nick's number and heard it ringing.
I'm expecting my mother to ring.
My ears are still ringing.
I'll ring to see if he's there.
The bell rang clear.
His words rang true.
Even though he's a criminal, his story rings true.
He declared that he was telling the truth, but his words rang hollow.
That statement rings false and I don't believe a word of it.
The bells rang a joyous peal.
The cyclist rang his bell loudly.
The man on duty rang an alarm.
The church bell rings the hours, but not quarters.
I will ring you tomorrow.
Will you ring his office, please?
I don't know the person you mention, though the name seems to ring a bell.
That rings a bell.I have a vague memory of hearing that name in connection with our client.
He likes to ring the changes on his old story.
- run rings round
做某事比某人好得多 do things much better than sb
Why can he run rings round you in swimming and football? 他为什么在游泳和足球方面比你强得多?
It seems to be generally accepted that he is running rings round the Opposition. 他正大大地超过反对党,这似乎已得到公认。
- 做某事比某人好得多 do things much better than sb
- ring about〔round〕( v.+adv. )
包围,围绕 surround sb/sth, as with circle ring sb/sth ⇔ about/round 常用于 be ～ed 结构
The city is ringed about with hills.这座城市四周环山。
The old house was ringed about with trees.那所老房子四周树木环绕。
Our efforts are ringed around with difficulties.我们的努力遇到重重困难。
- 包围,围绕 surround sb/sth, as with circle ring sb/sth ⇔ about/round 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- ring back( v.+adv. )
回电话,再打电话 call back on the telephone; telephone again ring back
Will you ring back this afternoon?请你今天下午给我回个电话好吗?
Jim isn't in at the moment, would you like to ring back later?吉姆现在不在,请你等一会儿再打过来好吗?ring sb ⇔ back
I'll find out the address, and ring you back.我找到地址后再与你通电话。
- 回电话,再打电话 call back on the telephone; telephone again ring back
- ring for( v.+prep. )
按铃叫…来 cause a bell to sound sb ring for sb
The patient rang for the nurse.病人按铃叫护士。
Please ring for the attendant if you need anything.如果你需要什么,请按铃叫服务员。ring for sb to-v
You'd better ring for the housekeeper to bring more soap.你最好按铃叫女管家再拿点肥皂来。ring sth for sb
She rang the bell for the maid.她按铃叫她的女仆。
- 按铃叫…来 cause a bell to sound sb ring for sb
- ring in1( v.+adv. )
与本单位〔家里〕通电话 communicate with one's home or base by telephone ring in to-v
I rang in to say I was ill.我打电话回去说我病了。
He rang in to find out what had happened.他给家里打电话了解发生了什么事情。
鸣钟迎来 mark the beginning of sth with bells, etc. ring in sth
The chimes of the huge clock rang in the New Year.大钟的钟声迎来了新的一年。
The airplane rang in a new era.飞机的发明宣布了一个新时代的来临。
〈美〉签到 mark the time of one's arrival at work ring in
We have to ring in at the shop before eight o'clock in the morning.我们店里必须在八点以前签到。
- 与本单位〔家里〕通电话 communicate with one's home or base by telephone ring in to-v
- ring in2( v.+prep. )
在…响起 sound like a bell in (a space) ring in sth
The children's laughter was still ringing in my ears as I left the playground.我离开操场时,孩子们银铃般的笑声还在我耳边回响。
- 在…响起 sound like a bell in (a space) ring in sth
- ring off( v.+adv. )
〈主英〉挂断 terminate a telephone conversation ring off
After she said this, she rang off.她说完这话就把电话挂了。
Don't ring off,I haven't finished my story.不要挂断电话,我的话还没有讲完。
I'll have to ring off now; I have a train to catch.我得挂断电话了,因为我要去赶火车。
When I asked if I was speaking to Councillor Jones he simply rang off.当我问是否能和琼斯政务委员讲话时,他只是把电话挂了。
- 〈主英〉挂断 terminate a telephone conversation ring off
- ring out( v.+adv. )
发出响声,响起 sound loudly and suddenly ring out
A shot rang out.响起了一声清脆的射击声。
Behind us a light silvery laugh rang out.在我们背后传来一阵轻松爽朗的笑声。
The clear sound of their singing rang out across the valley as they picked the leaves.他们采茶时,清脆的歌声在山谷中回荡。
鸣钟送走 mark the end of sth ring out sth
The Scots like to ring out the Old Year.苏格兰人喜欢鸣钟送旧。
〈主英〉打出电话 make an outgoing telephone call ring out
With all these incoming calls, it was some time before Judith could ring out.打进来的电话如此之多,以致朱迪斯过了好一会儿才能往外打电话。
- 发出响声,响起 sound loudly and suddenly ring out
- ring round1( v.+adv. )
给各处打电话 make telephone calls to several different places such as shops ring round to-v
I'll ring round to find out who's free to come to the party.我到处打电话,看谁有时间来参加聚会。
- 给各处打电话 make telephone calls to several different places such as shops ring round to-v
- ring round2( v.+prep. )
给…打电话 make telephone calls to (some place) ring round sb/sth
I found the cheapest price for enlarging the photograph by ringing round all the photographic dealers.我给所有的照相馆都打了电话,找到了放大照片要价最低的地方。
- 给…打电话 make telephone calls to (some place) ring round sb/sth
- ring up( v.+adv. )
〈主英〉打电话 call on the telephone ring up
Has anyone rung up?有什么人打过电话来吗?
I just ring up to tell you I won't be back for lunch.我给你打电话是想告诉你我不回去吃午饭了。ring sb ⇔ up
If you see it, ring up the police at once.你要是看到它,请立即打电话通知警察局。
You must ring up Mr. Smith and find out if he is free tomorrow.你得给史密斯先生打个电话,看他明天有没有空。
I rang him up this morning, but he was out.今天上午我给他打了电话,但他不在。
Ring them up and tell them to hurry up.给他们打一个电话,让他们快一点。
I'll ring you up as soon as I get any information.一有消息,我马上打电话给你。用于 be ～ed 结构
I was rung up by an old friend this morning.今天上午有个老朋友给我打电话。
把销售金额记入机器 record money paid on a machine, especially one with a bell ring sth ⇔ up
The cashier rang up 20p for the butter.收款员把20便士的黄油钱打在现金收录机上。
Business was bad on Mondays; we didn't ring up a sale all morning.星期一的生意不佳,整个上午我们没有动用现金收入记录机。
The supermarket clerk rang up Mrs. Smith's purchases and told her she owed 15 dollars.超级市场的职员把史密斯太太的东西用收银机结算,告诉她说共15美元。
- 〈主英〉打电话 call on the telephone ring up
- ring with( v.+prep. )
回响,回声 be filled with the sound of (sth such as a bell) ring with sth
During the break, the playground rang with happy shouts.课间休息时,操场上回响着欢快的声音。
The whole airport rang with the sound of drums and gongs and the shouting of slogans.整个机场回荡着锣鼓声和口号声。
The air rang with the songs and giggles of the young women working there.空中回荡着在那里做活的青年妇女的歌声和笑声。
- 回响,回声 be filled with the sound of (sth such as a bell) ring with sth
- blow ring 吐烟圈儿
- close ring 缩紧包围圈
- form a ring 围成一个圈
- get the ring 得奖
- hold the ring 不介入冲突
- make some ring 吐几个圈
- run ring 做事快
- try ring 试声音
- wear a ring 戴戒指
- babyish ring 孩子气的戒指
- carved ring 雕刻戒指
- closing ring 收紧的圈
- diverting ring 转向环
- glittering ring 发光的环
- great ring 大圈
- luminous ring 发光的环
- magnificent ring 巨大的环
- monumental ring 巨大的环
- old ring 陈旧的戒指
- subtle ring 精细的戒指
- tense ring 拉紧的圈
- diamond ring 钻戒
- napkin ring 餐巾环
- nose ring 鼻环
- spy ring 间谍网
- boxing ring 拳击赛场
- ear ring 耳环
- engagement ring 订婚戒指
- gold ring 金戒指
- granite ring 花岗岩环
- key ring 锁匙圈
- price ring 操纵物价的集团
- rubber rings 橡皮圈
- seal ring 印张戒指
- smoke rings 烟圈
- teething ring (橡皮或塑料制的)婴儿出牙时用的咬环
- wedding ring 结婚戒指
- ring appeal 热烈的呼吁
- ring bolt 带环螺圈
- ring current 环流
- ring fence 围墙
- ring finger 无名指
- ring gate 环门
- ring gear 齿圈
- ring lock 环锁
- ring road 环形道路
- ring sign 警铃标志
- ring stone 拱石
- rings in water 一圈一圈的水纹
- a ring of dealers 一群商人
- rings of lights 光环
- the rings of Saturn 土星的光环
- the rings of the tree 树的年轮
- ring on sb's finger 某人戴的戒指
- answer the ring 接电话
- give sb a ring 给某人打电话
- give the bell a ring 按一下铃
- have a ring 有…的声音
- hear a ring 听到铃声
- continuous ring 连续不断地铃声
- dry ring 枯燥的铃声
- familiar ring 熟悉的铃声
- flat ring 单调的鸣声
- mournful ring 悲哀的鸣声
- rhythmic ring 有节奏的钟声
- sinister ring 不祥的鸣声
- ring voice 响亮的声音
- the ring of glass goblet 玻璃酒杯的碰击声
- the ring of happy voice 响亮欢快的声音
- the ring of porcelain dish 碰着瓷盘的声响
- the ring of victorious laughter 胜利的笑声
- ring a fire alarm 鸣火警
- ring clock 敲钟
- ring one's own bell 自夸
- ring sb's praise 大声夸赞某人
- ring the bell 鸣铃
- ring the church bells 敲响教堂之钟
- ring the glim 开灯
- ring the knell 敲丧钟
- ring the number 打电话
- ring blithely 愉快地鸣响
- ring dolefully 悲哀地鸣响
- ring feebly 低弱地响着
- ring furiously 猛烈地敲响
- ring harshly 刺耳地响
- ring impatiently 令人厌烦地响着
- ring incessantly 不停地响
- ring loudly 大声地响
- ring merrily 欢快地鸣响着
- ring musically 悦耳地铃响
- ring vigorously 洪亮地响着
- ring back 回电话
- ring down the curtain 鸣铃,落幕
- ring off 挂断
- ring out 回荡
- ring up 响起
On his little finger gleamed the heavy signet ring.出自：E. Langley
The Church is very..handsome, and hath a Ring of eight very good Bells.出自：T. Hearne
Their footsteps rang on the marble floor.出自：P. D. James
Lift your left hand slightly after each chord so that the second string rings clearly.出自：Guitar Player
I will..ring these fingers with thy household worms.出自：King John,Shakespeare
- ring还可作“ 拳击台,摔跤台”解,常用作单数形式。
- ring, circle, encompass, environ, gird, girdle, hem, surround
这组词的共同含义是“围绕”。其区别是：surround指成环状包围,有时也指形成某种环境或边界; environ强调永久或长期地被包围; circle强调合围成一个实在的封圈,也指环绕某物、某处运行; encompass指出于保护、尊敬或敌视等动机把某人或某地包围起来; gird指围成一道牢固或不可突破的屏障; girdle则暗示形成带状围绕; ring指围成一个圈。
- ring a bell, ring the bell
这两个短语仅冠词使用不同,但含义差别很大:ring a bell的意思是“使想起某事”“听起来熟悉”,而ring the bell的意思是“按铃”。
- ring, call, phone
- (BrE)I'll phone you.
- (BrE)I'll ring you.
- (AmE)I'll call you.
- ring, shake
- He is ringing the bell.
- He has shaken the bottle before taking the medicine.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的irhng；最初源自原始日耳曼语的khrengaz，意为圆圈。
- ring:ring n. 环, 环形物, 环状, 铃声, 声调, 打电话, 拳击场vt. 包围, 套住, 按铃, 敲钟vi. 成环形, 响, 鸣, 敲钟, 回响, 按铃习惯用语be in the ring fo…