- 系， 将…系在…上，（打结）系牢，被系住
- vt. & vi. 捆,扎,拴,系 fasten with ropes or string
- vt. & vi. 使联系在一起; 使依附于 cause to be connected or dependent in some way
- vt. & vi. 与…不分胜负,得分相同 be equal to an opponent in a competition
- [C]领带,领结 a band of cloth worn round the neck inside a shirt collar and tied in a knot at the front
- [C]绳子,带子 a cord, string, etc., used for fastening sth
- [P]联系,关系 sth that unites; bond
- [C]束缚,羁绊,牵累 sth that takes one's attention and limit one's freedom
- [C]不分胜负 a game, election, etc., in which each competitor gains an exactly equal number of points, votes, etc.; draw
- [C]淘汰赛 sports between two or a group of competing teams or players
- neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front;
"he stood in front of the mirror tightening his necktie"
"he wore a vest and tie"
- a social or business relationship;
"a valuable financial affiliation"
"he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team"
"many close associations with England"
- equality of score in a contest
- a horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating;
"he nailed the rafters together with a tie beam"
- a fastener that serves to join or connect;
"the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
- the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided;
"the game ended in a draw"
"their record was 3 wins, 6 losses and a tie"
- (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value
- one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track;
"the British call a railroad tie a sleeper"
- a cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied;
"he needed a tie for the packages"
- fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord;
"They tied their victim to the chair"
- finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.;
"The teams drew a tie"
- limit or restrict to;
"I am tied to UNIX"
"These big jets are tied to large airports"
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces;
"Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"
"Tie the ropes together"
- form a knot or bow in;
"tie a necktie"
- create social or emotional ties;
"The grandparents want to bond with the child"
- perform a marriage ceremony;
"The minister married us on Saturday"
"We were wed the following week"
"The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
- make by tying pieces together;
"The fishermen tied their flies"
- unite musical notes by a tie
- He doesn't want any ties; that's why he never married.
- Pets can be a tie when you want to go away on holiday.
- The firm has ties with an American corporation.
- They want to loosen their ties with Britain.
- He took off his jacket and loosened his tie.
- He wore a pale blue shirt and a tie to match.
- There are ties for sealing plastic bags behind the door.
- Each team scored twice and the game ended in a tie.
- I was all thumbs this morning. I couldn't even tie my shoelaces.
- First hammer the tent pegsinto the ground, then tie the ropes onto them.
- We must tie him down to the contract.
- I need a length of wire or string to tie it with.
- Does this sash tie in front or at the back?
- The girl tied the ends of the thread.
This rope won't tie.
That ribbon doesn't tie well.
The belt of this dress ties at the front.
The two teams tied.
He tied the parcel.
You'd better tie your scarf.
The child is old enough to tie his shoelaces by himself.
Our team tied the visiting team.
I won't tie you too strictly, but I expected you to do what I wish.
The minister tied the knot for Mary and Tom yesterday.
Can you tie that!
He eats my food, borrows my car, and thinks he's done me a favour.Can you tie that?
The knot wasn't properly tied.
The United States and Great Britain are tied by a common language and mutual interests.
I'd like to give you more time to finish the job, but I'm tied by the contract.
Are you wearing a black or white tie at the dinner?
He was wearing a white shirt and a red tie.
He loosened his tie.
There was a small golden emblem on his tie.
The dog broke its tie.
She closed the bag with a plastic tie.
He ordered six cattle ties.
There are many ties of friendship between the two countries.
We must maintain close ties with the masses.
They are bound together by ties of common interest.
Mothers often find their small children a tie.
He doesn't want any ties; that's why he never married.
The result of the competition was a tie.
The game ended in a tie.
It is the first leg of the Cup tie between Aberdeen and Barcelona.
- tie back( v.+adv. )
向后扎; 系紧 fasten sth back, as with rope, string, etc. tie sth ⇔ back
I must tie my hair back; it keeps getting in my eyes.我得将头发往后扎,它老遮住我的眼睛。
Tie the gate back—it keeps banging to and fro in the wind.把大门拴紧,风把它弄得“砰砰”作响。
- 向后扎; 系紧 fasten sth back, as with rope, string, etc. tie sth ⇔ back
- tie down( v.+adv. )
捆住,束缚 fasten sth with a rope, etc.; restrain tie sb/sth ⇔ down
They tied their prisoners down hand and foot to pegs in the ground.他们把俘虏的手脚束缚在地面的短桩上。
Help me to tie the branch down.帮我把这根树枝捆住。
She doesn't want children because she says they tie her down.她不愿意要孩子,她说孩子会捆住她的手脚。
We tied down the rest of the enemy brigade with small forces.我们用小股兵力牵制了敌人那个旅的其他部分。
You'd better tie him down to a definite promise, otherwise he may not do anything about it.你最好叫他明确答应下来,否则他可能不会有任何作为。
The care of the baby naturally tied her down so that she was not so active socially as before.要照顾婴儿,自然拴住了她,使她不能像以前那样积极参加社会活动。
I don't want to tie you down in any way.我不想用任何方式来约束你。用于 be ～ed 结构
He was tied down to his job.他工作忙得脱不了身。
She is tied down at home with the children sick.由于孩子们病了,她只得留在家里。
He can't come yet; he's still tied down with his work.他还不能来,他的工作使他走不开。
Take it easy. You are not tied down to a date.别着急,对你并没有限制日期。
- 捆住,束缚 fasten sth with a rope, etc.; restrain tie sb/sth ⇔ down
- tie for( v.+prep. )
并列获得 reach the same number of points, etc. tie for sth
China and Japan tied for 2nd place.中国队和日本队并列第二名。
Two actresses tied for the Best Actress award .两名女演员并列获得最佳女演员奖。
They tied for the first place in the examination.他们在考试中并列第一名。
- 并列获得 reach the same number of points, etc. tie for sth
- tie in with( v.+adv.+prep. )
(使…)跟…相符; 跟…连接起来 (cause to) agree with; (cause to) connect to tie in with sth
This witness's information doesn't tie in with the facts.这证人提供的情况与事实不符。
What the culprit confessed to didn't tie in with the facts the police collected in their investigations.罪犯所供认的同警方调查到的事实不符。
This evidence ties in very well with the picture which detectives have already built up.这证据与侦探们早已掌握的情况完全吻合。
His beliefs didn't seem to tie in at all with reality.他的想法似乎根本不符合现实。
The police found a fact that might tie in with the murder case.警方发现一桩可能与凶杀案有关的事实。
Where does this line tie in with the main circuit?这条线在哪里跟主线路连接在一起呢?tie sth ⇔ in with sth
The teacher tied in what he said with the vocabulary in the previous lesson.教师把他所讲的同前一课中的词汇联系起来。
They tied in their holiday arrangements with their work programme.他们把假日安排跟工作计划配合起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The illustrations were cleverly tied in with the text.插图与本文配合得很巧妙。
Decisions about trade agreements are often tied in with political considerations.贸易协定经常是与政治上的考虑密切相关的。
- (使…)跟…相符; 跟…连接起来 (cause to) agree with; (cause to) connect to tie in with sth
- tie on (v.+adv.)
(把…)系在身上或系在他物上 fasten sth on oneself or an object tie sth ⇔ on
She tied an apron on.她系上了围裙。用于 be ～ed 结构
His shoes were tied on with old bits of string.他的鞋是用几段旧带子系的。
- (把…)系在身上或系在他物上 fasten sth on oneself or an object tie sth ⇔ on
- tie one on
〈俚〉喝得大醉 drink heavily; go on a binge
Charlie surely tied one on last night. 昨晚查理喝得酩酊大醉。
The boys really tied one on last night, didn't they? 昨晚那些小伙子真是喝醉了,是吧?
- 〈俚〉喝得大醉 drink heavily; go on a binge
- tie to (v.+prep.)
用绳子把…拴于… fasten sth/sb to sth tie sb/sth to sth
Tie the horse to the tree.把马拴在那棵树上。
Tie the tree to the top of the stick.把这棵树拴在这根棍子上部。
We tied this letter to a brick and threw it over the railing.我们把信系在砖上,然后抛过栏杆去。
使被…束缚; 使被困于… fix sb to sth tie sb to sth/v-ing
The weather tied him to the house.天气使他困守在家,不能出去。用于 be ～ed 结构
Even after he grew up he was still tied to his mother's apron strings.甚至在他长大成人后,他仍然受他母亲的控制。
I'm sorry,I'm tied to working in the office.对不起,今晚我被拴在办公室干活。
- 用绳子把…拴于… fasten sth/sb to sth tie sb/sth to sth
- tie together (v.+adv.)
(使)捆在一起; (使)联系在一起 fasten (things or people) together tie together
Do the two young men's stories tie together?那两个年轻人的口供一致吗?tie sb/sth ⇔ together
Mutual interests tied us together.相互的利害关系把我们联系在一起了。
They tied his arms together behind his back.他们把他的双臂反绑在背后。
Let's tie his feet together so that he won't escape.我们把他的两只脚绑在一起,这样他就逃不了啦。
The salesgirl tied them together with string.女售货员用绳子把它们捆在一起。用于 be ～ed 结构
The sticks are tied together.这些枯枝被捆在一起。
- (使)捆在一起; (使)联系在一起 fasten (things or people) together tie together
- tie up( v.+adv. )
(使)停泊 moor to a dock tie up
The ferry ties up at the south slip.渡船停在南船台。
We tied up at the riverside.我们把船停泊在河边。
The ships tied up at Qingdao.轮船停靠在青岛港。tie sth ⇔ up 用于 be ～ed 结构
At that time, our ship was tied up at Shanghai.当时我们的船停靠在上海。
包起来; 系紧 wrap; fasten tie sth ⇔ up
The owner tied up the dog during the day.狗的主人白天把狗拴了起来。
Some are tying up the bundles. Others are carrying them to the threshing ground.有的在打捆,有的正在把稻捆运往打谷场。
Would you please tie up this package with a piece of string?请你用根绳子把这包东西扎起来,好吗?
Tie the paintbrushes up into bundles and put them away carefully.把画笔束成捆,然后好好收藏起来。
Hurry up. Tie up your shoelaces; we are late.快点儿,系上你的鞋带,我们迟到了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The package wasn't tied up securely and came apart while in the mail.这个包裹没包扎紧,在邮递途中散开了。
阻碍; 使…处于停顿状态 hinder; cause to be an inoperative condition tie sth ⇔ up
The strike tied up the factory.罢工使那家工厂停工了。
The accident tied up all traffic along the highway for more than an hour.事故使公路交通阻塞了一个多小时。
The crash of the two trucks tied up all traffic in the centre of town.两辆卡车相撞使市中心交通阻塞了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The enemy's offensive was being tied up.当时敌人的进攻正受到遏制。
使无空闲; 完全占用 engage or occupy completely tie sb/sth ⇔ up
This work will tie me up for a fortnight.这项工作将使我忙上两个星期。
He tied up the phone for an hour.他占用电话一个小时。用于 be ～ed 结构
I'm sorry I won't be able to attend your lecture.I'm really tied up at the moment.很抱歉,我将不能来听你的演讲,我现在实在抽不出空来。
The telephone has been tied up all morning with unnecessary calls.电话整个上午都被不重要的通话占了线。
Her money is tied up in securities and is not available to her at present.她的钱用来买了证券,目前她还不能支用。
Most of the family money is tied up in land.这家的大部分钱财都投入了地产,一时不能动用。
- (使)停泊 moor to a dock tie up
- tie up with (v.+adv.+prep.)
把…与…密切联系起来 cause to have a close relationship with tie up with sb/sth
He tied up with other advertisers.他与其他广告商合伙了。
Our company has tied up with another firm to support the project.我们公司和另一公司联合资助这项工程。
This ties up with what you were told before.这和以前有人告诉你的事密切相关。tie sb/sth ⇔ up with sb/sth
The police are trying to tie up his escape from prison with the murder.警察试图把他的越狱与谋杀案联系起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The two companies are closely tied up with each other.这两家公司之间有密切联系。
- 把…与…密切联系起来 cause to have a close relationship with tie up with sb/sth
- tie with (v.+prep.)
用…捆扎 fasten sth with sth tie sth with sth
He tied the two ropes with a knot.他把两条绳子打结系在一起。
Shall I tie all these things together with string?我用绳子把这些东西捆在一起,好吗?用于 be ～ed 结构
The package came tied with a red ribbon.包裹来了,是用一根红丝带捆扎的。
与…得分一样多 reach the same number of points, etc. tie with sb
Bill tied with Margaret for the first place.比尔和玛格丽特并列第一名。
Our team tied with theirs in athletics.在田径比赛中,我们队与他们队旗鼓相当。
- 用…捆扎 fasten sth with sth tie sth with sth
- tie a can to 摆脱,去掉,消除
- tie a fly 装置蝇状钓钩
- tie a knot 打一个结
- tie a wreath 扎花圈
- tie one's shoelaces 系鞋带
- tie one's tie 打领带
- tie one's competitions 与竞争者不分胜负
- tie sb's hands 捆住(某人的)手脚
- tie sb's tongue 封住某人的口
- tie strings 扎线
- tie the horse 拴马
- tie the visiting team 与客队打成平局
- tie the votes of one's opponent 和竞争者得同样的投票
- tie fast 系紧
- tie hard 系紧
- tie complicatedly 复杂地捆扎
- tie cunningly 巧妙地打结,精巧结合
- tie fantastically 难以相信地约束
- tie firmly 扎牢
- tie loosely 扎松
- tie securely 扎紧
- tie back 向后扎
- tie down 捆住,拴紧
- tie in (使)联系,(使)配合,(使)谐调
- tie on a label 系上标签
- tie one's shoes up 系鞋带
- tie paint brushes up 捆画笔
- tie things up 扎东西
- tie at the back 在背后打结
- tie sth in a bow 把某物打成蝴蝶结
- tie in wedlock 结为伉俪
- tie into 猛烈进攻…,抨击…
- tie sth to the post 拴在一根柱子上
- tie sb to work 工作缠身
- tie with colored ribbons 用彩带系扎
- tie with one's competitor 与对手赛成平局
- break tie 打破平局
- break one's ties 断绝来往,断绝关系〔联系〕
- buy a tie 买领带
- cement ties 加强联系
- choose a tie 挑选领带
- cut ties 断绝关系
- draw close ties with 密切关系
- fasten a tie 打紧领带
- have ties 有联系
- knot a tie 打领带
- loosen ties 削弱关系
- maintain close ties 保持密切联系
- strengthen the ties 加强关系
- take off a tie 摘下领带
- tie a tie 打领带,打领结
- undo a tie 解开领带
- weaken the ties 削弱关系
- wear a tie 戴领带
- all ties 一切联系
- beautiful tie 漂亮的领带
- black tie (男子)半正式礼服
- close ties 密切联系
- conjugal tie 夫妻关系
- four-in-hand tie 活结领带
- handmade tie 手工制作的领带
- intimate ties 密切的关系
- legal ties 法律约束
- lifelong ties 终生的联系
- matrimonial ties 婚姻关系
- moral ties 道德关系
- new tie 新领带
- nice tie 漂亮的领带
- political ties 政治上的结合
- red tie 红领带
- scoreless tie 无分平局,零比零
- strong ties 密切联系
- white tie 白色蝴蝶领结,燕尾服
- woolen tie 毛织带子
- bow tie 蝴蝶结领结
- cross tie 枕木
- family ties 家庭关系
- language tie 语言上的联系
- marriage ties 婚姻关系
- old school tie 校友戴的领带,同学情谊
- railroad tie 铁路枕木
- trade ties 贸易关系
- tie bar 系杆
- tie beam 系梁,水平拉杆
- tie coat 黏结层
- tie line 通信路线,转结线,扎结线
- tie piece 系紧梁
- tie pin 领结别针
- tie plate 垫板
- tie rod 系杆,转向横拉杆
- tie silk 领带绸
- tie water 结合水
- in a tie 戴领带,(结果)不分胜负,(结果打成)平局
Great formal wigs, with a tie behind.出自：Dickens
Secure the tree to the support with two..ties.出自：Garden
One end of the rope may be tied to a tree.出自：Western Folklore
They tied my hands together behind my back.出自：I. McEwan
Foster..had..tied his horse to the hitching rail.出自：R. J. Conley
Her hair is silver and she ties it back with a green ribbon.出自：D. Levy
- tie后接副词back表示“往后系,拴紧”; 后接副词down表示“捆住,使不能自由行动”; 后接副词in再接介词with表示“(使)连接,联系,(使)协调,配合”; 后接介词to表示“依靠,依赖别人”; 后接副词up表示“绑紧,系好,包扎”“停泊,停靠码头”“阻碍,阻塞(交通)”; 后接副词up再接介词with表示“与…密切联系,合伙”“使(资金等)未作某项用途而不能随意挪用,使(财产等)受法律的约束而不能随意变卖”。
- tie用作名词的基本意思是“领带,领结”,也可指系物、捆扎用的“绳子,带子”等,用于比喻可表示“限制人行动自由的事物; 束缚,羁绊,牵累”。
- tie, bind, fasten
这三个词都有“绑,扎”的意思。其区别是：1.bind主要指把两种或两种以上的东西捆绑起来,使它们紧靠在一起或成为一体; tie则是将人或东西“绑牢”的意思,有时指有一端拴在固定的物体上,另一端仍可活动; fasten指一端或两端固定,一端或两端中间仍可活动。例如:Water binds particles of dirt to form mud.水凝结脏的微粒构成泥巴。See that the boat is securely tied.注意要把小船拴牢。Fasten these papers together with a paper clip.用回形针把这些文件夹在一起。2.bind使用的是柔韧的带状物,如绷带、手铐、脚镣等; tie使用的则是绳子或带子等能打结的东西; fasten使用的甚至可以是机械器具,如锁、螺丝、钩子等。例如:The doctor bound up the patients' legs with a bandage.医生用绷带给病人包扎腿部。He tied a dog to a tree with a cord.他用绳子将狗拴在树上。I shut the door and fastened the bolt.我关上门,拴上插销。3.bind和tie都有比喻性用法:bind强调以责任、义务、婚姻、血统、友谊等为纽带使人们形成新的相互依存关系; tie则常有不自由,受束缚的含义。例如:The three sisters are bound together by their common grief.三姐妹由于共同的忧伤而相依为命。Really, you are tied to your home when you have small children.有了孩子后,你就真的会被家庭所束缚。4.tie还可以用作不及物动词,意思是“打结”; 而bind和fasten却只能用作及物动词。例如:Does this sash tie in front or at the back?这条腰带是从前面系还是从后面系?5.bind还有“装订”的意思,而tie和fasten却没有此义。例如:He is binding a new book.他在装订一本新书。
误 The dog was tied on the gate.
正 The dog was tied to the gate.
误 He is tied with his work.
正 He is tied to his work.
析 表示“将…拴在〔系在〕…上”须用tie...to...结构,介词to不能改用 with或on。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的taeg，意为丝，线。
- tie:tie n. 带子, 线, 鞋带, 不分胜负, 关系, 领带, 领结, 平局vt. 系, 打结, 扎, 约束, 与...成平局vi. 被用带(或绳子等)系住, 结合, 打结, 不分胜负 英英解释:名词…